IGNORED

Worst Movie you've ever seen?

InkyGirl

Any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel. The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, Dear John...

The books/movies have the same plot.

thank you!!!! I hated the notebook. I just don't get why people love it...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see The Notebook but I saw Dear John and it was pretty dumb IMO.

This is true, and I have nothing but love for Starship Troopers.

Also pretty fucking over zombies at this point, but I have an enormous soft spot for Dead Alive!

The original Starship Troopers and even the first sequel are good movies. There's just a certain sense of "fun" about them. Then you get to the third. Ugh. Stab me please. It is just horrible.

I love the SyFy huge mutant monster movies (Ice Spiders anyone?) and the natural disaster movies. Theme Saturdays are some of my favorite times of the week. You aren't watching these movies for cinematic greatness. You watch them because they are fun. I don't think anyone watches Sharktopus expecting to see Citizen Kane.

The errant spouse has watched Starship Troopers so many times he can recite the dialogue. It's one of his all time favorite movies. The kids got him the 3 pack for Christmas on blu-ray.

The ScyFy Saturday night specials are pretty good for popcorn and guffaws.

The errant spouse also likes Nicholas Cage. He adores Knowing, and watches it every time it's on. Can we say overkill?

But then he wouldn't sit down to watch Forever Amber with me, so I don't have to watch movies with him.

I made it through 15 minutes of Hobo With a Shotgun last night.

I want those 15 minutes back.

This is an unpopular opinion. I hated Titanic. That bitch should never have gotten of the small boat.

I never saw Titanic. Even when people I knew had seen it several times. Can't say I feel like I missed out on anything important.

Drive Angry with Nicholas Cage. I "drove angry" after leaving the theater because the hubs and I wasted 20 bucks to see that crap.

For me, "Flowers For Algernon", "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane", "The Lost World", and "The Day After Tomorrow" are right up there.

World's Greatest Dad with Robin Williams. Total WTF movie, touted as "dark comedy" - which I usually love - but it wasn't remotely funny, the jokes were old, and the plot was completely predictable from about 10 minutes in.

There was some other Robin Williams movie that I saw, where he was a politician who was elected president because of a computer glitch. I don't remember the name. I went to the theater to watch it because they billed it as a comedy and I thought it would be funny. There were only 3 funny lines in the entire thing, and they showed them all in the trailers. The rest was some weird drama with car chases, shootouts, etc. So weird and really bad.

The Leprechaun was also terrible. Although it was actually so bad it was funny. Plus you can see Jennifer Aniston pre-rhinoplasty. The sequels OTOH had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

I would like to add Zardoz to this list of crappy movies. Sean Connery running around sporting sideburns, little red man panties and a long pony tail? Hecks yes.

Best line - "The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was, but the gun shoots death, and purifies the Earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth ... and kill!"

The men who stare at goats.

I hoped it would be some funny Star Wars parody, but it really wasn't funny at all, and the storyline wa abstruse, and the characters couldn't be taken seriously. Fail. Just fail.

And I actually PAID to see it! I would have left, if I hadn't been there with two other people, who confessed afterwards that they would have preferred to leave, too, but didn't out of politeness for the others.

While we're discussing Robin Williams movies Bicentennial Man was terrible. It was really depressing and not at all like I thought it would be.

I liked it, but I wanted to see her stay with the fiance. :lol:

I really liked The Men Who Stare at Goats. I can appreciate silly movies provided the creators don't treat it like it's a serious movie, and I got the sense that they wanted it to be a silly, light movie.

My least favorite movies:

The Happening

Any movie by Terrence Malick

Meet Joe Black: [dialogue (significant pause) more dialogue (another significant pause) "but..." (pause and significant glance)..."ah..." (pause, lick lips significantly) x 3 hours]

The Apple (but this is so bad it goes back to fun...the others are just painful)

Y'know, I was never a big fan of Fight Club or The Sixth Sense :shhh:

I was 10 when I saw Xanadu and LOVED it. I think I still love it for the sentimental factor. The Broadway musical version was a hoot!

I hate movies other people love, like "Die Hard". Also hated "Harlem Nights" and "A Simple Plan".

I don't watch a lot of movies because there are so many bad ones out there, so it's unlikely I'll even watch a truly bad movie in the first place. I tend to have low expectations when I go into a theater. Yes, I'm hugely pretentious! (Where is the "nose in the air" emoticon?)

For "so bad, it's good" I'm not sure you can beat Return of the Killer Tomatoes. It wins out over the original Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, because Return has George Clooney.

My least favorite movie ever that I actually watched has to be Dumb and Dumber. All I can is that it lived up to it's name.

I've seen tons of really bad movies because we love to watch them with Rifftrax (for anyone who doesn't know, these are running commentary by same guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000, just with newer movies). So bad it's good: so many, but The Room, Birdemic, Troll 2 are at the top. So bad it's painful to watch: Crossroads and Glitter

Edited to add: One that I actually watched hoping it would be good but ended up hating: Wicker Man

Natural Born Killers

I actually returned this to the video store before I'd watched half an hour of it. Ditto "Eraserhead."

I think I'm alone in liking "time paradox" stories like "Butterfly Effect," "Frequency," and "Back to the Future II." I'm all about the what-ifs (see the Handmaid's Tale thread elsewhere on this forum).

I actually returned this to the video store before I'd watched half an hour of it. Ditto "Eraserhead."

I think I'm alone in liking "time paradox" stories like "Butterfly Effect," "Frequency," and "Back to the Future II." I'm all about the what-ifs (see the Handmaid's Tale thread elsewhere on this forum).

I liked Frequency a lot. I like what if movies and books. I didn't like Butterfly Effect. I was very rough and harsh, even in the way it was filmed. And plus I am not an Ashton Kutcher fan at all. :puke-front:

Very Bad Things with Christian Slater and Cameron Diaz. I saw it in high school (so it was over 11 years ago - probably more like 12 or 13) and I still haven't seen anything that can top it. I can remember sitting in my friend's living room slack-jawed then entire time. We couldn't turn it off because we were convinced that it would get better, but it never did. It just got worse and worse and worse. It is the first time I can remember experiencing a true trainwreck effect. We just couldn't look away.

Very Bad Things with Christian Slater and Cameron Diaz. I saw it in high school (so it was over 11 years ago - probably more like 12 or 13) and I still haven't seen anything that can top it. I can remember sitting in my friend's living room slack-jawed then entire time. We couldn't turn it off because we were convinced that it would get better, but it never did. It just got worse and worse and worse. It is the first time I can remember experiencing a true trainwreck effect. We just couldn't look away.

That was fucking terrible.

Archived