IGNORED

Worst Movie you've ever seen?

InkyGirl

Didn't any of you see The Butterly Effect?

It was like a kaleidescope of different bad movies, all smushed together.

Pillowbook was "special", all right. Glad I didn't see it in the theater. But it wasn't laughable like Butterfly Effect. Ashton Kutcher! Pedophilia! Time travel! Prison rape! Killing your own father! ASHTON KUTCHER!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an unpopular opinion. I hated Titanic. That bitch should never have gotten of the small boat.

This is an unpopular opinion. I hated Titanic. That bitch should never have gotten of the small boat.

Or they could have found a second piece of wreckage. I hated Rose. She was too whiny.

Guest Anonymous

World's Greatest Dad with Robin Williams. Total WTF movie, touted as "dark comedy" - which I usually love - but it wasn't remotely funny, the jokes were old, and the plot was completely predictable from about 10 minutes in. Oh, and what the heck was with that other movie he made, where he went all pedophile on the little boy? I think he was a radio host? I dunno. I turned it off, totally squicked me out. Bad Robin Williams! Bad! :naughty:

You know what other movie was totally the epitome of squikiness? Birth with Nicole Kidman. Holy crap, that was strange.

Guest Anonymous
Click starring Adam Sandler, it was just awful. Or The Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, because I never totally understood how they had a magical time-traveling mailbox that transported their letters to each other, yet they still got their other mail just fine. Awful, awful wastes of time.

I never understood why anyone would want to live in that stupid glass house. I don't even put my couch in front of my living room window because I don't like that people could peek in on me without my knowing, let alone living in a house made entirely of floor-to-ceiling windows. Exhibitionists, much?

Eyes Wide Open is at the top of my list. I saw it with my son, and he had to wake me up as I started snoring. I never fall asleep at the movies, but that one did me in.

Oh, I've got a few. Several of them I listened to while trying to finish projects at school.

Excalibur= The entire story of King Arthur, from conception to death. Boring. As. Hell. The only thing good about that movie was the guy playing Merlin.

Buggsy Malone - A really strange gangster movie where all the actors were small children? It just.... doesn't work.

Time Barbarian- This one actually gets some LOL points out of how bad it is. It's, uh, about a barbarian who travels through time. The plot is kind of dumb and convoluted so I'll just leave it at that.

Pretty in Pink- One of my good friends forced me to watch this. I HATE IT SO MUCH. SOOOO MUCCHCHHCCHC A AKJBDFLBJQT BLASDLFKSJA

Actually, the only 80s movies I can think of that I actually like are Ghostbusters and back to the future. I despise 80's teen movies with a PASSION.

The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues= Actually, cheesy monster movies is my all-time favorite genre, so I like this in general, but there was a problem with this one. Two of the characters were indistinguishable for all but the last 5 minutes of the movie, the only scene in which they appeared together. The problem? They were the lead male and the villain. This movie was really confusing to watch. :?

Actually I'll rectify mine. I went to my city's film festival last night and saw a new movie called "Here". It was my first, and hopefully my last, experience of an arthouse type movie. The most entertaining thing about it was the name..."I'm seeing the movie Here", "Is this Here?", "I'm here for Here" (my friend and I were very bored...)

Ashton Kutcher! Pedophilia! Time travel! Prison rape! Killing your own father! ASHTON KUTCHER!
My thoughts EXACTLY. I think they decided to do an 'edgy' movie, wrote a list of things that are edgy, and then ticked them off. 'Rape, check, animal abuse, check, dead baby, check, attacking your own child, check... oh, shit, guys, we need to put in some paedophilia! Quick! There we are. Check!'

Oh, and what the heck was with that other movie he made, where he went all pedophile on the little boy? I think he was a radio host? I dunno.

One Hour Photo, he was the developer in a big store. No pay-off at the end of the movie, he said he'd been abused by his father and the movie did it like the audience's emotional reaction would be "OH MY GOD, THE WEIRD OBSESSIVE CREEPY GUY WHO TOOK SEXUALLY ABUSIVE PHOTOS WAS ~~~---SEXUALLY ABUSED?!?!----~~~~~"

Hands down Alexander with Collin Ferral and Angelina Jollie. A friend of mine convinced me to go see see it back in grad school, he really wanted to see it for some reason. It was horrible and looooooooooong. We went walked out at the end, my friend put his arm around me and said" twin2, I'm so sorry I subjected you to this horrific piece of crap. Coffee is on me for the next week."

Yes! I only went to see that because I thought there were going to be sexy dudes macking it on each other because of all the ~controversy~ news surrounding it, but instead long-ass boring whinefest. I walked out too.

God, so many I cannot count. Films are not my thing.

Speed 2, though.

Ohhhh.. I have LOTS, Umm the Knowing with Nicholas Cage.. Aliens really? in a end of the world movie.. lame

also The sorcers apprentice also with Nicholas Cage.. lol.. horrid.

I'll second The Happening, it was as bad as the Village.. M night kinda went all weird towards the end of his movies.

Transformers 3 was really bad, there are alot of bad movies out there, Alexander was really awful.

Patsy, I think that plot was written in bong water (Butterfly Effect).

It wasn't even the content that made the movie bad (though the content was BAD) it was the structure. Here, here is an ending! And here is another one! And another! This movie will never end! With the time travel thing they could just cram in every random bad idea they had.

I would have to say that Punch Drunk Love was bad. I'm not even sure what the plot was. All I know is my mom and I turned it off shortly after we started watching it.

And The Black Dahlia was terrible. It really had nothing to do with the case.

Eyes Wide Open is at the top of my list. I saw it with my son, and he had to wake me up as I started snoring. I never fall asleep at the movies, but that one did me in.

I ended up walking out on that movie. It was way too krazee and didn't have enough redeeming value of any type to make me stick it out. When the Tom Cruise character goes to the mansion and opens the door and hears moans and wails that sound like he's opened the gate to hell itself - and then he went in anyway, I was like, "Hell, no". I get nuance and social commentary, but some of these attempts at "deep" just jump the shark and end up plain old smarmy and degrading. IMO

Same thing with Fight Club. Several of my work friends and I went to see it last Friday night as part of a summer film series put on at a beautifully restored theatre. I hated it. It was my own bad for not researching the movie ahead of time. They had been showing films like The Grapes of Wrath and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. . .

For every movie I hate, there are zillions of people who love it, and vice versa :)

Fight Club is a movie I thought was ~totally deep~ when I was fourteen or so. Looking back I feel a little cringey about it. Oh, well, at least it introduced me to The Pixies!

Any of the ScyFy channel ripoff movies =

Age of the Dragons == Moby Dick with a white Dragon -- right.

Dinocroc vs Supergator = yeah right

Flu Bird Horror--- gag

Triassic Atttack= filmed in Hungary, lots of dead bodies and blood

and my all time favorite:

Mega Shark Vs Giant Octopus. The first time I ever saw a shark take down a 747. My son owns it on Blue Ray. He loves it. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

In defense of horrible movies - there comes a point when a movie is *so* awful that it circles back around to being good again.

Examples include "Starship Troopers" and "Undead or Alive." Giant alien bugs? Zombie Cowboys? Totally gratuitous silly gore and violence? Very little plot to speak of? Sign me up!

In defense of horrible movies - there comes a point when a movie is *so* awful that it circles back around to being good again.

Examples include "Starship Troopers" and "Undead or Alive." Giant alien bugs? Zombie Cowboys? Totally gratuitous silly gore and violence? Very little plot to speak of? Sign me up!

This is true, and I have nothing but love for Starship Troopers.

Also pretty fucking over zombies at this point, but I have an enormous soft spot for Dead Alive!

Oh, this is easy. I've seen some terrible stuff and I'm with the zombie cowboys and alien bizarroids lovers...

But boy, Ghost Rider blows everything out of the water. That movie sucks like no vacuum ever could.

Any movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel. The Notebook, A Walk To Remember, Dear John...

The books/movies have the same plot.

Archived