IGNORED

Mortons got a new house

FundiPastafari

There are photos of a young woman a few posts back on the Morton blog. She didn't look familiar. Thought it was an "odd" photo shoot with just her. Now I'm hearing the news about Andrew's new house. So my guess is maybe this young woman could be a courtship interest for him. I could be wrong. But don't you all think it's odd to take pictures of just this 1 girl??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are photos of a young woman a few posts back on the Morton blog. She didn't look familiar. Thought it was an "odd" photo shoot with just her. Now I'm hearing the news about Andrew's new house. So my guess is maybe this young woman could be a courtship interest for him. I could be wrong. But don't you all think it's odd to take pictures of just this 1 girl??

That's Angela H. She's part of their church, and I think she may be related to Addy's best friend Amanda D, although I might be mixing up the families. She's 19ish, and also a match possibility. They blog at hagenhomestead.blogspot.com .

That's Angela H. She's part of their church, and I think she may be related to Addy's best friend Amanda D, although I might be mixing up the families. She's 19ish, and also a match possibility. They blog at hagenhomestead.blogspot.com .

Thanks for the info. Still have to ask why she's special enough for a blog post. Time will tell.

Could Mr. H be Angela H.'s father? I did find it odd that he would give his childhood home to Andrew, but it makes sense if Andrew is courting Mr. H. daughter.

I'm always mixing up Angela and Amanda. Actually, for a long time I thought that those two cute little dark haired identical twin girls are property of Captain Bret, since the Smiths have quite a few adopted kids who look South American to me. But they must be Amanda's sisters. Wasn't her father the one who wed Noah & Darthy?

There are so many young ladies-in-waiting-for-their-prince-charming that surely there should be a courtship or two in the near future - all the Sanders' and Roberts' girls, Adeline & Martha, the oldest Campana girl, Amanda & Angela,youngest Kendall daughter... These families "fellowship" so much together that it would be a real surprise if none of them married each other.

I'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen Adeline or Abbi Sanders courting yet. I wonder what the implication will be if one of the younger boys courts before Addie or Marth.

I just sent a message in which I reminded them that the "creepy hippie woman" was just as much a child of God as they were, and that the comment was unChristian. Let's see whether it gets approved, or if the "creepy hippie woman" and her pic just get silently expunged.

I'm pretty sure that "creepy hippie" comment was a joke. That looks like Addie (or whoever writes those posts). Same hooded jacket that she's wearing in another photo.

Could Mr. H be Angela H.'s father? I did find it odd that he would give his childhood home to Andrew, but it makes sense if Andrew is courting Mr. H. daughter.

:think: well if this is true...then that means a successful courtship must be going on. Can't imagine anyone backing out now with him already moving the house. Andrew must really LOVE being on the farm. Why didn't he just leave it where it was? But then again...maybe he feels more secure on his dad's land. In fact all the Morton sons live on that land. Must be cheaper for all them to do that I guess.

I'm always mixing up Angela and Amanda. Actually, for a long time I thought that those two cute little dark haired identical twin girls are property of Captain Bret, since the Smiths have quite a few adopted kids who look South American to me. But they must be Amanda's sisters. Wasn't her father the one who wed Noah & Darthy?

There are so many young ladies-in-waiting-for-their-prince-charming that surely there should be a courtship or two in the near future - all the Sanders' and Roberts' girls, Adeline & Martha, the oldest Campana girl, Amanda & Angela,youngest Kendall daughter... These families "fellowship" so much together that it would be a real surprise if none of them married each other.

Those twin girls (and an older brother) have to be adopted. They look nothing like the parents.

The few single boys have their pick. The oldest Campana boy, Andrew, the Roberts boys, the Hope boy, the Kendall son, etc.

I really can't believe that Adeline repeated the "biscuit-maker" comment.

Second, I am guessing that Lise and the Morton parents were not particularly compatible and she was the one to decide they needed to move. Good for Cleve for putting his wife first.

They MOVED the house. Literally!

Looks so weird to me, here that would just not happen unless it was a caravan thing. I take it where they live foundations are not a big thing?

They MOVED the house. Literally!

Looks so weird to me, here that would just not happen unless it was a caravan thing. I take it where they live foundations are not a big thing?

I've seen it done around here (southern New England) several times, even for houses that have foundations. They just excavate and build a new foundation at the new site. In a few cases, a very old or historic house was built near a main road, and when the city decides to widen the road, the owners elect to move the house rather than demolish it. Not a common occurrence, but not unheard of either.

I've seen it done around here (southern New England) several times, even for houses that have foundations. They just excavate and build a new foundation at the new site. In a few cases, a very old or historic house was built near a main road, and when the city decides to widen the road, the owners elect to move the house rather than demolish it. Not a common occurrence, but not unheard of either.

Yep, our house was moved from where it was built to another lot about a mile away (this was before I was born). They moved six or seven houses because they were clearing land for an addition to our local hospital and it was cheaper to move all the houses to the same general area at the same time.

I really can't believe that Adeline repeated the "biscuit-maker" comment.

Second, I am guessing that Lise and the Morton parents were not particularly compatible and she was the one to decide they needed to move. Good for Cleve for putting his wife first.

I think it's because they don't see any problem with the comment. Their lot in life is to keep sweet, pop out babies and make biscuits.

Where are you guys seeing that Rachel is pregnant? It's not surprising that she is, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on their blog.

Where are you guys seeing that Rachel is pregnant? It's not surprising that she is, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on their blog.

It was on someone else's facebook, in the comments. She mentioned being so many weeks pregnant at the time.

It was on someone else's facebook, in the comments. She mentioned being so many weeks pregnant at the time.

Ah OK thanks. It's sometimes difficult to keep track of who all is pregnant in that family!

At least when Andrew does get married, his wife will already have a nickname. The Biscuit Maker! XXXX the Biscuit Baker? Maker? Cook? Chef?

Maybe their kids'll be known as the Biscuits. ;)

The Mortons visited the Sanders back in fall. roravalley.com/blog/?p=9535

What I find interesting is that they and the Mortons apparently love "Downton Abbey" (mentioned in previous posts on the blog)... but there are several gay characters in the series, (almost) sex before marriage.... and nevertheless they "love" it...

Weird....

• 1 month later...

Adeline started a photography business... she posted some pics of Isa (her niece and I think Kressant's daughter?)... very cute :) the Morton girls seem to be very sheltered (especially if you compare them to the Campanas, Smiths or Deckers)... i hope she gets some non-fundie clients. :)

• 10 months later...

A year after getting a house, Andrew is doing renovations. He's making additions to the front and back of the house. If he isn't courting now, I bet he'll be courting before the year is over.

thebrothersfive5.blogspot.com

There are so many Morton grandchildren I can't keep track but there are some pictures of Liam on this latest post. Isn't he Cleve's son? Does that mean that Cleve and Lise are back in the compound?

Addie's baby talk is irritating as all hell but I'm going to cut her some slack because I feel sorry for her. She must be dreading the marriage of her sister. Those two have been joined at the hip for years and when one leaves the other is going to be stuck making biscuits for all those younger boys. I bet she's lonely already.

Archived