IGNORED

Bontragers visit DC

teachergirl

I do not know how to link so I apologize in advance.

The Bontragers visit DC and visit some museums. Okay good BUT....they are upset that the Civil War exhibit is biased against the South....since they have studied it extensively they know all of the wonderful things the Confederacy did.( I have taught the Civil War so I understand pointing out the whole story) however do you think this fits in line with the rest of the fundies view of history? I just do not understand their looking at history and then just making it something they want it to be,

They also had the older children visit the Crime Museum and they do not recommend it because of the violence.

Um, did you think it was going to be cupcakes and rainbows?

Any thoughts?

Maybe the Bontragers would have found The Redneck Shop in Laurens, SC more to their liking.

Yeah, I don't understand going to a crime museum and complaining about the violence either.

They also had the older children visit the Crime Museum and they do not recommend it because of the violence.

Um, did you think it was going to be cupcakes and rainbows?

Any thoughts?

Silly Bontragers! :lol: They must have made a wrong turn. They were looking for the White Collar Crime Museum, which has double sets of ledgers, Wall Street suited mannequins, and a lovely Enron display. No blood 'n guts there.

WTF, really? You walk through the doors of a Crime Museum and you're expecting not to see violence? :roll:

I'm a little surprised they didn't follow the Duggar's lead and go to the Holocaust Museum. But then again, there's graphic descriptions of crimes there.

The Bontragers visit DC and visit some museums. Okay good BUT....they are upset that the Civil War exhibit is biased against the South....since they have studied it extensively they know all of the wonderful things the Confederacy did.( I have taught the Civil War so I understand pointing out the whole story) however do you think this fits in line with the rest of the fundies view of history? I just do not understand their looking at history and then just making it something they want it to be,

I'd say yes, this fits in line with the fundie view of history--especially since they are from Iowa, where people theoretically should not have an interest in preserving the "amazing details of the Confederates." (And what amazing details would these be? I have a feeling they aren't referring to tactical skills of the military.) There seems to be this idea among fundies that the Confederacy was somehow more religious and moral than the Union. The Bontragers even point out that just because they are from a northern state, that doesn't make them "Yankees." So . . . what's the alternative?

I would go and look. But the last time I went on their site their frocks made me throw up :(

Psychedelic rainbow vomit.

Archived