IGNORED

Catholic Conversation with Gay Friend about Gay Marriage

clarinetpower

If you want to "live and let live", there are thousands of other websites you can be on. Frankly, one of the most annoying parts of this new "kinder and gentler FJ" is exactly that attitude. It drags FJ from being somewhere special to being unremarkable.

5ezkn4.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand the logic behind the whole procreation argument. None of these people ever say that I should legally not be allowed to marry, even though my fiancé and I are childfree-by-choice, using hormonal contraception, and would absolutely have an abortion if I got pregnant. They might think we're un-Christian or whatever, but they're not agitating to prevent our marriage. On the other hand, my sister and her fiancée, who are definitely planning on children, should not be allowed to marry in their opinion, even though they'll make excellent parents.

Secondly, they say "traditional marriage" is about procreation. In certain cultures, yes; but then again in those cases it's more about selling women to be raped in order to carry on the family line than about any sort of intrinsic value in human life. Speaking of the value of human life, I personally think that minimising suffering for those people who are already living is a far nobler cause than simply creating more people.

Yeah you are a twat also :lol:

Arguable, but at least I'm not whining about the website when I could just click on the x button.

Arguable, but at least I'm not whining about the website when I could just click on the x button.

:lol:

Nah. Not whining about the website not even whining about the twats who come here to be all twatty cos' they are so BWAVE. More an observation :D

Archived