IGNORED

Who is going to have to best wedding? Erin or Alyssa?

sunshine

I concocted a flimsy excuse to walk into the Capitol Hill office of Rep. Daniel Webster (father of John Webster, Alyssa's "special friend") today. I saw 2 young 20-something female staffers, both wearing pants. One of them was wearing very tight jeans. They looked like perfectly normal female staffers during Easter/Passover recess (when the dress code tends to be more casual).

So, event though Webster is on record as being a Gothard supporter (just Google his name and "ATI" or "IBLP" and several things come up), he is willing to employ evil tight jeans wearing temptresses.

[on another note, if you go to the Living the Journey website for the Journey to the Heart, you will see a couple of little testimonies written by Webster daughters]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fundie weddings I've seen have all been modest affairs. The Bates aren't rich and they live out in the country so I predict a country themed wedding on the cheap. I'm doubtful there will be sit down dinners.....more likely cake and punch reception on their property. I'm sure it will be pretty, with flowers and lights but not the country club feel to it. I bet the wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses will all be homemade. The cake will probably be from friend or family that likes to bake cakes. There will be no booze or dancing but most definetly music from the siblings. I don't think either Bates girls will have a fancy wedding but I bet it will be nice and modest.

I wonder if Erin is dying of jealousy that her younger sister might land a Congressman's son

I think Erin is pretty content with her man. She's very comfortable with him and there seems to be a mutual attraction. I have no idea what Chad does for a living though. So she could be jealous at that, maybe.

I wonder if Erin is dying of jealousy that her younger sister might land a Congressman's son

Love don't cost a thing Gospel of JLO chapter 1 verse 1

:D

Is it wrong that I want huge hair on Erin and her bridesmaids? I kind of like the retro ridiculousness of it all :lol:

Maybe the Misses Flipflop think they are attracting guys by showing off their bare toes. Not working, is it?

:lol: It's really attractive, especially if your toes are dirty and your toenails are gross and muddy and you have leaves in your toes from walking in the jungle : )

Is it wrong that I want huge hair on Erin and her bridesmaids? I kind of like the retro ridiculousness of it all :lol:
Totally not wrong. I'm going to have such a great laugh. :)

The Bates girls are already have more class because they wear closed-toe shoes. :lol:

*Nothing against flip-flops, but the Duggar girls showed their stupidity and smuggness when hiking in Central America and REFUSING to wear sneakers, defying the tour guide. The Bates girls are classier and therefore attract better suiters.

Do the Duggar girls even own sneakers?

Do the Duggar girls even own sneakers?

Ummmm.....back when they filmed 14 Kids and Pregnant Again or whatever it was called. They had tennis shoes then. And long, long Mennonite Skirts, shirts with Peter Pan collars from the thrift store and really big, poofy, permed hair. That was before they were "modern modest" or whatever they're trying to call it these days.

I hope the weddings are filmed or live streamed. I haven't been to a good ol' live streamed fundy wedding in a long time; either Christopher and NR Anna's or Robert and Kendalyn's.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think a TLC contract has been signed? Their blogs have been kind or silent lately.

First time poster here but looong time reader. I truly hope that both girls are happy with these men. Erin & Chad seem well suited & they really seem to be into each other. I wish them the best!

I really think TLC is going to film Chad and Erin's wedding--and possibly even their engagement as well. Why? Because they are all being so cagey about setting the wedding date.

Kelli keeps on stating that they are so eager to get married--so why don't go get engaged already??

No update on Chad's blog either ... There is something going on, probably TLC ! Engagement is coming !

Kelli keeps on stating that they are so eager to get married--so why don't go get engaged already??

Eager to get married or eager to enjoy their wedding night ? ;)

I think just married Erin is going to race Chad to their hotel room, shedding bouquets and veils as she goes...

I really think TLC is going to film Chad and Erin's wedding--and possibly even their engagement as well. Why? Because they are all being so cagey about setting the wedding date.

At most it will be included in a Duggar episode, but we can't even be sure that will happen. The Bates’s show was a flop and they haven't been featured on 19 Kids in some time now. We also don't know for certain the Duggars themselves will be back after the Very Special Episode about M3's birth.

If they are delaying the engagement, my guess is that it has nothing to do with TLC.

I predict that they will get engaged at her graduation and married a couple of months after that. He asked her to court on the porch swing at college and they seem to be a sentimental couple.

I predict an engagement and wedding sometime around June.

I thought he'd propose before graduation so they could lump the graduation party and wedding party into one. Save some time and money

Even though the Bates show flopped, I think the wedding will be featured as part of a 19KAC episode. Multiple J'Slaves will be bridesmaids, & TLC will film some snarky hints at jealously that none of them are engaged yet. And TLC will film some allegedly" flirty" glances between Bates, Payne & Duggar young adults. If we are lucky, Rep. Daniel Webster & family will be in attendance as well. I can't decide if he would view being glimpsed on the show as a boon or a hindrance. I'm guessing a boon.

Maybe they're waiting for TLC to fork over the money to film the wedding so jobless Chad can afford a proper ring?

:text-offtopic:FrancineFishpaw, your username sounds like a character in a Louise Erdrich book. :text-offtopic:

:handgestures-thumbupright:

I perused their blog to see if there was anything new and noticed a couple things on the family listings. First, they don't have ages on there anymore, which is odd unless they're trying to play down the fact that Alyssa is only 18 and poor Michaella (-la, however) is 24 or so. Second I thought it was amusing that Alyssa is now listed as being "dual enrolled" at the college Erin went to, with studies in political science. The love of politics has been "laid on her heart."

Also the pics of them from Valentines day pretty much obviously say to me, yep, she's what is it they call it? Not dating with a purpose, but that pre-courtship thing with the Webster boy.

Archived