IGNORED

Who is going to have to best wedding? Erin or Alyssa?

sunshine

Erin's Chad comes from humble upbringings thanks to his Dad decision to let go of his practice. While, Alyssa's John, if courting occurs, comes from a political family background and a parent who appears to have a legitimate degree. I think Alyssa because there will be more people to impress but you never know. :geek:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are probably going to be very traditional with the bride's family paying for everything, and since Erin seems to have a diva attitude (I don't mean this as an insult since I have always been a bit of an Erin fan), I can see her having the more fabulous (as in big hair, sparkly, ott wedding).

I think they will be very different. Erin's will be a big hair, homemade bridesmaid dress (thanks, Micheala!), down home country affair. Someone one will wear a cowboy hat. It will be pretty and sparkly but very country. I think Alyssa's will be simpler, but more elegant and understated.

As for which one will be better? I guess it depends on what you like. I think Alyssa will have the prettier dress, albeit less poofy, dress.

I have been waiting for a Bates wedding for so long!!!eleventy!!!

Edited cause I had surgery today and am high on life . . . and narcotics.

I think they will have the same wedding, more or less.

I think Alyssa will wear whatever dress Erin picks out and Alyssa's bridesmaids will wear whatever dresses are made for Erin's wedding.

I think food will be about the same, though more food for Alyssa's because more people will be invited; it'll be stuff that's easy for the family to mass produce.

I bet linens will be the same, too, and most decorations.

The big differences will be in details like flowers and hairdos and the cake, stuff that can't keep.

Ceremonies will be similar, with some details like songs being different, but overall, the program will be the same, and given by Gil.

These circles I wouldn't be surprised if only the wife's family contributes to the wedding. That means that the Bateses will have to fund two weddings in relatively quick succession.

Considering the money problems of the Bateses and the fact they have to borrow from their son all the time, I can't imagine that they would be able to fund two entirely separate weddings, where everything is different.

Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if there isn't a double wedding, and the girls are married at the same time.

but alyssa has a bigger budget, marrying a congressman son and all

Wouldn't it be the same for both of them? Kelly and Gil don't strike me as the type to let someone else pay for their daughter's wedding. Sort of a pride thing?

I don't know, though. My fiance and I are paying for our wedding with little parental help. My parents are close to retirement age and don't have extra funds. If his parents help at all, we plan on putting it towards our honeymoon.

Perhaps they'll have a joint wedding like Marcia and Jan Brady. Hair will be huge. Duggars will be in the wedding party. Perhaps Erin will play a ditty on the piano. Hopefully, neither of the brides or grooms will sing and conduct the audience like David Waller did. Chad and Erin will be especially hurried to get to their hotel and consummate the marriage.

Alyssa is becoming "special friends" with a young man, who happens to be the son of a congressman. Check the Bates Courtship thread.

I don't think they'll do a double wedding. Erin is going to get married as soon as possible, probably before the end of the year. Alyssa is only 19 and not even courting yet. If it works out between her and John, I can see them waiting until next summer.

Also, I think that Gil and Kelly wouldn't do a double wedding for their girls. I wouldn't put it past the Duggars,who will do anything for attention, but the Bates seem to see their children more as individuals. Also, it's speculated that they almost announced Erin and Chad's courtship on the season finale of their show, which almost certainly would have bought them a second season, but after Zach's relationship didn't work out, they pulled it. I think that shows that they value their children over the attention they would get from a double wedding.

Edited for riffles

anjulibai wrote:

Considering the money problems of the Bateses and the fact they have to borrow from their son all the time, I can't imagine that they would be able to fund two entirely separate weddings, where everything is different.

I think they can if TLC is invited. I'm sure the Duggars wouldn't mind another episode or two.

People still buy into the family of the bride has to pay tradition for the wedding tradition? Lawson is going to have to mow quite a few lawns to pay for the weddings of two of his sisters.

People still buy into the family of the bride has to pay tradition for the wedding tradition? Lawson is going to have to mow quite a few lawns to pay for the weddings of two of his sisters.

You forget, this is a fundie wedding! A homemade dress, cake, mints & punch and we're good to go! They might splurge on photographs, but that's about it.

Yeah, crockpots, homemade dresses and no DJ, how much could it cost anyone?

I think that shows that they value their children over the attention they would get from a double wedding.

Or they just didn't want to be embarrassed. Again.

Wouldn't it be the same for both of them? Kelly and Gil don't strike me as the type to let someone else pay for their daughter's wedding. Sort of a pride thing?

The Bates did accept huge donations of time and materials in order to have a whole new house. And didn't Jim Bob give Gil one of his mini-bus vehicles at one point? I don't think they are opposed to taking what "God" sets in front of them.

Do these fundie families only use siblings for bridesmaids/groomsmen? I think it would be a hoot to see all of the Bates and Duggar girls in matching dresses made by Michaela. With identical Erin-style hair. And cowboy boots.

Alyssa is becoming "special friends" with a young man, who happens to be the son of a congressman. Check the Bates Courtship thread.

I don't think they'll do a double wedding. Erin is going to get married as soon as possible, probably before the end of the year. Alyssa is only 19 and not even courting yet. If it works out between her and John, I can see them waiting until next summer.

Also, I think that Gil and Kelly wouldn't do a double wedding for their girls. I wouldn't put it past the Duggars,who will do anything for attention, but the Bates seem to see their children more as individuals. Also, it's speculated that they almost announced Erin and Chad's courtship on the season finale of their show, which almost certainly would have bought them a second season, but after Zach's relationship didn't work out, they pulled it. I think that shows that they value their children over the attention they would get from a double wedding.

Edited for riffles

Yeah, I agree... didn't Kelly say in a comment that they wanted to get married once Erin graduated college? I think she is graduating at the end of this school year.

My guess: the Bates will attempt to get TLC to pay for Erin's wedding (and pay them as much extra as possible). They'll be limited by whatever they get from TLC. It'll be a bit more country, as people have been suggesting - cowboy boots and the like. I can see it being Pinterest-y.

I doubt Michaela's boy's family will want to be on TLC, if the future FIL is a politician. As such, the groom's family will need to chip in to make the wedding a bit more politico-friendly (and private). No matter whether that family agrees with courtship ("dating with a purpose), I'm guessing they don't want a talking head about their son saving his first kiss for the wedding.

The Duggars must be dying right now.

The Duggars must be dying right now.

Not just because of the future TLC specials but the older girls must be jealous of the love and fun and semi-dating that the bates get to have now. Especially Alyssa - 18 yrs old and seems to have a relationship that has naturally developed.

And their dresses are cute!

I think them saying that that young man is just a speshul friend is their way to knock wood and not to announce good news anytime soon.

As much as I wish both couple happiness, I do, however wish that Alyssa's wedding would be lovelier. I'm over the whole princess Erin thing.

I too hope that Erin's bridesmaids will all look like Peggy Bundy. I know I'm terrible. Alyssa's much more humble but just as gorgeous. She for sure will not have an atrociously teased hair, neither will her bridesmaids. I love wedding for the dresses and the hair (also the food) so I'm totally curious!

All in all, I've got 5 on Alyssa. And what MMS said. That will be one spectacular wedding.

Archived