IGNORED

Women without children are destined to be miserable

AtroposHeart

I have a son. I love him to death and think he's the best thing I ever did, but I cannot say I was unhappy when before I was a parent. I loved my life pre-child and still miss it occasionally. I traveled the world. I had time to myself. I had hobbies. I ate meals in peace. I ate meals when they were still warm. If I was ill, I could just crawl into bed and not worry about anything else. I didn't have to take care of a kid while puking my guts up. I didn't have to burn vacation days to take my kid to the doctor. There were A LOT of bonuses to being child-free. Some of which I long for from time to time.

My advice to this woman would be to watch less tv/movies and venture out into the real world. She'd be surprised at what she finds.

I am not a parent, but I'm smart enough to know both sides. I'm childless by chance and while I would have a child if the opportunity happened, I am not unhappy without children, and can see both sides exactly as you have written them.

I am not a parent, but I'm smart enough to know both sides. I'm childless by chance and while I would have a child if the opportunity happened, I am not unhappy without children, and can see both sides exactly as you have written them.

Childless by chance here too after ttc and almost 15 years of marriage. I believed a long time kids complete a marriage and then came to my senses only a few years ago. Even with no children, I am a complete person and my marriage is complete. Maybe this comes from reading all the Quiverfull/Patriarchal stories of women expected to have children. I am no longer baby-obsessed . Maybe being almost 43 has something to do with it? At my age the chances are slim and a child would be welcomed , but DH and I am happy regardless. He basically left it to me.

I think these days there is a large band of 'sanctimommies' or dads in some cases that have no id other than their children and think you if you aren't doing toddler stuff 24/7 your life has no meaning. IMO Just because they get joy out of cleaning up toddler messes doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. It seems they are secretly miserable but try to justify their choice or lack thereof. There is no other explanation for the behavior.

Archived