IGNORED

Duggars are "praying" about adoption (MERGED)

Closed Womb

OK, let me at this. :::shakes out hands like Norton in The Honeymooners:::

They have 19 children, two grandchildren and one more on the way, but Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar say that doesn't necessarily mean their family famewhoring and money-grabbing is complete.

"We are open to the idea of adoption," Michelle, 45, tells PEOPLE. "We are praying about it, and we will see what God has in store. Love for children under the age of six months has been placed on our hearts, although it does pale in comparison to our love of money, attention and competing with the Bates family."

The ever-expanding crew – eldest son Josh, 25, and his wife, Anna, 24, just recently announced they are expecting their third child in June – were moved by a visit to an orphanage in China on their recent trip there, during which they hovered over cribs like the vultures they are.

"The younger kids are definitely pushing towards wanting us to open our home up to another child or more, since we keep repeating to them that they are supposed to want that, while I hold plumbing line in my hand and JimBob grips their elbows firmly," says Michelle. "The older girls get pissed, but we just send them to Journey of the Heart again, and threaten to cut them out of the will. That shuts them up.They see how much we have been blessed with and how little so many children have and they want to share. We tell our children that would have to be something that is God's will for our family, and we will see if it is. Our children love children, and we all do, Bwahahahahaah. . . . hee hee hee . . . Wait . . . let me get my breath back . . . man, it's hard to spew all of that dishonest bullshit sometimes!"

Though Michelle and Jim Bob, 45, lost their last pregnancy – a girl they named Jubilee and exploited for further attention – to miscarriage in 2011, Michelle says, "We are open to whatever is in store. It doesn't really matter whether I would have another child or we would adopt, but we want to approach it with an open heart, in the hopes that TLC will approach us with an open wallet."

She adds, "We have friends that have adopted children who are a great influence in our lives, and we have talked about their experiences. So it's something we've considered. We have to know for sure that is what God wants for us to do. We usually ignore God in favor of Gothard, and he's not going to be happy about this. But TLC rules over Gothard, and we figure that, if the new kid turns out to be tainted with the sin of his parents, we can be big martyrs about that - like the lady who took Justus and Lovely out of the adoption library for a while. Win-win!"

"OK, let me take a deep breath, because I have more bullshit to get through . . . OK, i'm ready:"when he gives us a child [through pregnancy], there is no doubt in our minds that is what He wants, but when it comes to adoption, we would have to know for sure that was His will."

There -- all fixed!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way will this happen. And if it does, it'll be against Michelle's will. She does NOT want someone else's kid running around her house. Deep down, she does not want to adopt. God's will my ass. That is her cover for ultimately not doing it. I felt the tone of the article was very much them defending why they have not adopted. There was zero enthusiasm coming from Mullet. JB may be playing with the idea as a business move. It would certainly bag them another season. But Mullet opposes this. That is my reading.

I agree with Irishy, based on what the Mulllet said: "When he gives us a child [through pregnancy], there is no doubt in our minds that is what He wants, but when it comes to adoption, we would have to know for sure that was His will."

God's will is clear only if it comes on the tip of JB's penis.

No, please dear God, no! Give those precious little ones needing families a good and loving home, not to the Duggars and their ilk.

But since they count Jubilee as J20, shouldn't that mean they have 20 children? Not to be heartless, so Jubilee died. But if they count her as a child, why keep pushing for the round number when they've already succeeded? Big logic fail.

Please nobody let them adopt. I can't imagine another child enduring blanket training or being a part of the dog and pony show.

No way will this happen. And if it does, it'll be against Michelle's will. She does NOT want someone else's kid running around her house. Deep down, she does not want to adopt. God's will my ass. That is her cover for ultimately not doing it. I felt the tone of the article was very much them defending why they have not adopted. There was zero enthusiasm coming from Mullet. JB may be playing with the idea as a business move. It would certainly bag them another season. But Mullet opposes this. That is my reading.

I agree with your take. They've been saying they are open to adoption for as long as they've been doing their show. It's fairly common for people to ask them why they don't adopt if they want so many children, so they have to place the responsibility on god to justify doing what they want.

It doesn't really matter whether I would have another child or we would adopt, but we want to approach it with an open heart, in the hopes that TLC will approach us with an open wallet.

:lol: Perfect.

But since they count Jubilee as J20, shouldn't that mean they have 20 children? Not to be heartless, so Jubilee died. But if they count her as a child, why keep pushing for the round number when they've already succeeded? Big logic fail.

Then there's always J'Caleb as well, which would make Josie #20. Because life begins at conception, except when it doesn't.

Thoughtful, I even heard 'way down upon the Swanee River' play before I began to read your "there I fixed it for you" post!!!!

doggie, a lot of times I just kind of look at your posts and go, "hmm," but what you posted above has bothered me - a Christian - for ages and ages. Thank you.

Did not I hear that China has closed adoptions to USA families? At first I thought that was a doggone dirty shame, but if it keeps the Juggarlos from subjecting another child (as well as their oldest children) to their spayshul form of abuse and neglect, then, yay China.

I agree with those who think they don't want to do this. I read waffling all through this article. Maybe, might, possible, open to. Yeah right. Gothard is opposed to adoption, so they won't do it. They can't say that though, so they try to look good and say they are praying about it.

Recently several rightwing pundits? whack jobs? asshats? have said that anything other than heterosexually married biological families are second-rate. Ralph Reed said this on Meet the Press on Sunday and, IIRC, the head of the National Organization for Marriage said this a week or two earlier. Really smart, isn't it, to insult adoptive families right before gay marriage comes up before the Supreme Court when Chief Justice Roberts and his wife are adoptive parents.

MamaJunebug, Russia has closed adoptions to foreigners. I haven't heard anything about China, though, and I think I would have since my daughter and son-in-law have adopted from China and want to again at some point. I know they were going to inquire about a little boy with albinism that was in the orphanage who was friends with the little girl they adopted. They hope that this child has already been adopted. It does take several years for adoptions to go through normally.

As others have said I don't think the Duggars can cut the mustard for a highly regulated adoption but all bets are off if they find some young gullible pregnant woman in crisis and convice her that she should give them her baby so they can earn extra bonus points and tv ratings.

I don't think that Michelle would be against adoption if it means moar babeyz! and getting lots of praise from sheeple for being so giving and loving and selfless and the best mother evar!

The paragraph about how the kids wants more little ones made me want to vomit. Marry the daughters off, build them a house on the compound and let them have babies. He'll you even even let the little buddies live with them and Boob and J'uterus can have an empty to nest to fellowship all the time in.

I wouldn't entrust anything more complex than a potted cactus to these asshats.

The poor cactus. I wouldn't put it past them to think plants like that are from the devil.

Something doesn't add up, or maybe I'm just being dense. Why would a family with 17 or 18 children still living at home (not sure about JD) be seriously considering adoption now vs. before? Were the Chinese orphans that much more compelling than the ones in Central America? Do the older girls really want to care for another baby? If the child is older, how would she adjust to a huge new family and sudden celebrity as the one adopted child out of 20? How would Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie be affected? I just don't want to believe they'd do it to reach #20 or keep the show on for another season.

If they're counting Jubilee, shouldn't they also be counting Caleb? That brings them to 21 children. They could have stopped with Josie.

Jim Boob and J'chelle don't even raise the kids whom they already have, and they want to adopt? I'm sure the older Duggar kids really don't need another "buddy." Hey, try paying attention to Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer, Hannie, and all of your small boys if you want to interact with children so much!

Something doesn't add up, or maybe I'm just being dense. Why would a family with 17 or 18 children still living at home (not sure about JD) be seriously considering adoption now vs. before? Were the Chinese orphans that much more compelling than the ones in Central America? Do the older girls really want to care for another baby? If the child is older, how would she adjust to a huge new family and sudden celebrity as the one adopted child out of 20? How would Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie be affected? I just don't want to believe they'd do it to reach #20 or keep the show on for another season.

The 17 or 18 kids living at home are too old. Michelle is bored of them now as theyre like people and have personalities that she needs to squash out of them before they become aware that they are people and not props in their mothers life. Also, theres no hope of Michelle having a 20th live baby, and shes getting bored of the ones shes already got.

The older girls say they love caring for babies, because they have to cause they know that having opinions is bad. The look of utter misery on their faces say that they hate their parents and every second of caring for their siblings. Maybe Jill does. She seems the happiest. The others look like they hate everything and have been putting birth control in their parents coffee for years.

Older kids? Michelle doesnt find those interesting. Babies only. OH GOD, I JUST HAD A TERRIBLE THOUGHT! What if she adopts one of those kids from the really crappy orphanages who are like 15 year old newborns as theyve been lying in a crib all day and not interacted with. They could be like Josie was, the special little miracle....but forever. :shock:

Jenny is Jill's kid as far as she is concerned. She doesnt know or care who Michelle is. Jordyn already knows that nobody loves her (other than random internet people who want to adopt her, but she will likely never meet) and that things couldnt get worse. Josie would probably be the most affected as she has been the baby for way longer than the others.

A serious answer from someone with a couple of English degrees:

In this case, and situations like this, I suspect they use the passive voice because they do not want to speak the mind of God. So, where a leader might say, "Mistakes were made" in order to eschew blame, the fundies might do it to muddy the source (especially if said fundies have a national, secular TV following that doesn't like to be reminded every damn minute that the Duggars are allegedly God's own special marionettes, doing what He says at His prompting.)

Riffles!

Bullshit. They say it they can pretend it's not their decision, just like when I tell my kids the TV doesn't stay on during dinner. It's not my fault, it's just the way things are.

I could definitely see some nice young Christian girl who got in trouble being "encouraged" to give her baby to the Duggars. Let's hope something stops them, even if it's as stupid as having to change the show's opening credits.

You beat me to it. Some leghumper or Christian girl who never received adequate sex education will be purposed/encouraged/called/whatever to give their baby to the family.

I honestly don't think that JB and Michelle are parenting. Holding each others' hands while their older daughters do the parenting is a disgrace. They brought their 19 children into the world, and they should parent all 19. It's clear from the Asia specials that the SOTDTR is lacking too - kids who received that 'education' should not be 'educating' their siblings. There is no way I would want to give the Duggars another child to be raised by their sister-moms.

And so much for God opening and closing wombs and embracing the next season of life and all that crap that's been espoused. This is child collecting in its most lurid form.

You beat me to it. Some leghumper or Christian girl who never received adequate sex education will be purposed/encouraged/called/whatever to give their baby to the family.

This is way too close to Handmaid's Tale for my comfort. Sadly, probably very true.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but didn't see a post and it popped up in my Facebook feed, so thought I'd share.

http://www.people.com/people/tablet/art ... 75,00.html (not breaking since it's People)

Please God do not let anyone approve them, please. Doesn't Gothard preach against adoption? I'm all for them following him in that.

This would be so unfair to the poor Chinese orphan. I hope the Chinese have enough sense to know that sending a Chinese child home with that family means basically neglect. I think there are rules in most countries about how many number of children the family is allowed to have! Anyhow I hope the Chinese have those rules. Also adopting a foreign baby cost 20,000-40,000 dollars, you tell me none of their other children need that money in the future for a business or medical care?

The paragraph about how the kids wants more little ones made me want to vomit. Marry the daughters off, build them a house on the compound and let them have babies. He'll you even even let the little buddies live with them and Boob and J'uterus can have an empty to nest to fellowship all the time in.

It makes me sick. The show is a trainwreck now. Her baby-collecting has no bounds. I wonder if any of the daughters even think about how seriously mentally ill their mother is. They are the ones who are supposed to be doing something with their lives and having the babies NOT HER. Michelle Duggar is an extreme narcissist, she wants the attention. She doesn't care about the children, they are vehicle for her to get attention. They are objects to her.

http://dlisted.com

Link unbroken because everybody should read Michael K at dlisted.

If Michael K needs a new or additional abuelita, I stand at the ready, new chanklas at-hand with which to smack his detractors. He posts today about the Duggars' adopted-baby rabies and ends with theology that no one can deny:

If there is a God, God will drop two tubs of spermicide, fifty boxes of diaphragms, 900 birth control pills and a thousand condoms on the Duggars when they ask God what they should do. Or better yet, God should just drop all the OctoKids on them. Actually, I don't mean that. I'd rather be raised by OctoCrazy than be raised by one of the Duggar daughters. I mean, at least Octo has good drugs and massive amounts of weed.

Just in case you would prefer not to scroll down thru Fergie, Britney and Harvey Price's mom, here's the direct link

http://dlisted.com/2013/03/26/duggars-w ... wants-them

All hail Michael K! And I guess if truth be told I'd prefer to be an OctoKid than a Duggar, nacheral-born or otherwise. At least the Suleiman children have working knowledge of the world around them, go to school and know they can get the heck outta Dodge when they're 18, without having to consider what it will mean to their own childrenbuddies that their actual mothering person is gone.

Well, gosh, of course they need to adopt! Joy is a young woman now and doesn't have a little buddy!!1!1!!

http://dlisted.com

http://dlisted.com/2013/03/26/duggars-w ... wants-them

All hail Michael K! And I guess if truth be told I'd prefer to be an OctoKid than a Duggar, nacheral-born or otherwise. At least the Suleiman children have working knowledge of the world around them, go to school and know they can get the heck outta Dodge when they're 18, without having to consider what it will mean to their own childrenbuddies that their actual mothering person is gone.

From the above article:

Michelle says that her brain opened up to the idea of adoption when her family visited an orphanage in Beijing.

So let me get this straight, it never occurred to her before the trip? Like maybe 16 pregnancies ago or so? Why now?

From the above article:

So let me get this straight, it never occurred to her before the trip? Like maybe 16 pregnancies ago or so? Why now?

WTF? They've been quoted on adoption multiple times before this, it is nothing new. Then again, revising her own history is nothing new for Michelle, either.

Archived