IGNORED

Lori Alexander Posted the Dog Abuse Story

Lori has posted her thoughts on the dog abuse story that a commenter told a few weeks ago. Hint: her thoughts are rage-inducing. Have at her.

This was a comment left on my post Being Falsely Accused to illustrate a point I was trying to make. Before I make my point on this story, I want to make sure you all know if any of you are being physically abused by your husband, call the authorities and have him locked up. A husband should never hit his wife. I also don't endorse animal abuse in any way. This is a true story about children and children will do very stupid things.

There are women I have mentored who feel like they are being "beat up" emotionally and mentally by their husbands. They can relate to this dog. These are the women I am writing to today.

If the dog would have run up the hill and bit them every time it came up, the children would have wanted to throw the dog down the hill over and over again. Because the dog didn't act out of anger but out of meekness and sorrow, the boys quickly understood that what they were doing was wrong and repented {stopped doing it.}

In the same way, when wives are being treated harshly and in anger by their husbands, instead of reacting in anger but with gentleness and meekness, they will go much further in convicting their husbands of their wrong behavior.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/her-poor-little-dog.html

I just read that whole posting. I find it a bit telling that Lori is now saying that physically abused women should report their husbands to the police, when sometime back either she or Ken said something against women's shelters. Lori is clearly ignoring the fact that emotional abuse goes on in some houses. I still think Ken emotionally abuses her.

There are women I have mentored who feel like they are being "beat up" emotionally and mentally by their husbands.

Maybe their husbands are just controlling assholes? Some people are, you know.

If your husband is angry and harsh with you, respond in meekness and love and watch how God will work in his life.

Yeah, I'm sure meekness and love is going to do a whoooooooole lot of good when that cop is drawing a chalk outline around the victim's body. :roll:

Lori, shut up before your words get an innocent person killed.

So far all of the comments are negative. Lori's in panic mode. "Of course, leave your abusive boyfriend! My advice is only for married women! We need to learn to think of others!"

Married women can be abused too. Jebus. What is it with fundies and animal abuse? First the long thread about Pearl the Useless, now it's Lori the Apologetic.

When I was about 10, my brother and I were playing with our dog in our large, wooded backyard. For some reason I don't remember, we threw our dog down a 20 foot hill. We thought it was kind of funny. She came walking back up the hill toward us with her big brown eyes but head held low with tail slightly wagging.

We threw her down the hill again thinking her stupid that she would come back to us all meek and still seeking our affection. She came right back up the hill to us again, meekly but obviously wanting our approval/affection. I think we pushed her down one more time.

When she came back to us the third time, my brother and I burst into tears and hugged her profusely and told her how sorry we were even though she couldn't understand our words. We were never cruel to our dog again.

Here's the whole story. I simply refuse to believe that they cried and apologized. Fucking dog abusing sociopaths.

What the fuck was that?! Disgusting. And I thought I had heard the worst that could cone from her.

First of all, this is one of the many reasons Lori disgusts me as much if not more so than the Duggars. Although I will admit she wears her crazy on her sleeve.

Second of all, if we follow the courtship method - how in the holy hell would anyone know their boyfriend was abusive? You don't get to have a boyfriend. You have a fiance then a husband (So Sayeth The Headship). There IS no "trial run" for fundies. So basically, it's the woman's fault for marrying the abuser, even though Daddy Dearest and Jesus picked him out for her. :(

Things like this make me really, really, really hope that Lori has brain damage and does not know what she is saying. Her husband has no excuse.

These people fail to realize sometimes a husband/wife doesn't show the dark side until long into the relationship. There are plenty of stories out there where the "ideal spouse" suddenly changes and becomes a bully and abuser.

Lori was expecting all this high praise and instead was told that she was wrong by strangers. I don't think she's used to that.

Things like this make me really, really, really hope that Lori has brain damage and does not know what she is saying. Her husband has no excuse.

I do think she has some kind of brain damage from that tumor, but Ken has the same crazy views as her. Either way, Lori pisses me off and she is pretty dangerous especially since she "mentors" at her church and some of her fangirls do take all of her advice.

These people fail to realize sometimes a husband/wife doesn't show the dark side until long into the relationship. There are plenty of stories out there where the "ideal spouse" suddenly changes and becomes a bully and abuser.

Lori was expecting all this high praise and instead was told that she was wrong by strangers. I don't think she's used to that.

That is true. I know a few people who have been in those situations and one of them is male. I'm glad that some of Lori's commenters are handing her ass to her.

Family kids* play rough with the old, cranky dog in the family and get snapped at, but they continue to like and play with the dog despite its (mostly arthritis-related) snapping. And it's probably the best way for the dog to get out of pain--it would take longer for people to figure out she was in pain if she just whined or looked meek. So I reject the idea that looking meek was a better way for the dog to be in the story, because if the dog had run up the hill and bit the storyteller then she would have not thrown the dog back down the hill. Because who picks up a dog that's biting you? If your leg's taking a hit you're not going to offer up your fingers too, unless you're panicking, in which case you're still not going to throw the dog back down the hill.

*Older kids only, younger kids are not allowed around the not-kid-friendly dog. We're not throwing our toddlers to the wolves or anything.

In the same way, when wives are being treated harshly and in anger by their husbands, instead of reacting in anger but with gentleness and meekness, they will go much further in convicting their husbands of their wrong behavior.

My jaw literally dropped, but I shouldn't be surprised. What a fucking disgusting human being. She is one of the fundies I can hardly stand to read because she is so vile.

That made me sick to my stomach. No normal or sane p considered it funny or playful to hurt a dog like that. I reported her blog post for violent content. I doubt anything will come of it, but it's worth a shot.

Lori disgusts me! She ranks right up there with the Pearls.

Married women can be abused too. Jebus. What is it with fundies and animal abuse? First the long thread about Pearl the Useless, now it's Lori the Apologetic.

Taliban Tony was one of those as well :x

Wright, J.; Hensley, C. (2003). "From animal cruelty to serial murder: Applying the graduation hypothesis". International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology 47 (1): 71–88.

Animal cruelty is mainly used to vent frustration and anger the same way firesetting is. Extensive amounts of humiliation were also found in the childhoods of children who engaged in acts of animal cruelty. During childhood, serial killers could not retaliate towards those who caused them humiliation, so they chose animals because they [animals] were viewed as weak and vulnerable. Future victim selection is already in the process at a young age. Studies have found that those who engaged in childhood acts of animal cruelty used the same method of killing on their human victims as they did on their animal victims

OK, so not everyone who is cruel to animals grows up to be a serial killer but there does seem to be consensus that adults who are violent very often started with animals. Lori doesn't physically kill people but she certainly is doing her level best to hurt them.

Here's the whole story. I simply refuse to believe that they cried and apologized. Fucking dog abusing sociopaths.

That is sociopathic. That a kid would even be amused by that, and not know it was wrong.

Archived