IGNORED

LiaS daughter: Death penalty for impure women

ladyamylynn

Can I get a rundown on who her family is? I'm newish here and I can't find them on the cheat sheet. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the idea of the person who wrote this drivel being married (I assumed she was a 14-year-old virgin).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She sounds like a young kid, who has been in a bubble and subjected to only one way of thinking. Now she has freedom and is trying to express what she thinks she knows in some sort of educated manner, but it's failing for so, so many reasons.

Most teenagers aren't really suited to giving interpretations of the bible or even advice on the worldly ways of people. She's no exception, even if she thinks she is.

Deanna has not been in a particular bubble, not like most of these familes...it's complicated.

Can I get a rundown on who her family is? I'm newish here and I can't find them on the cheat sheet. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the idea of the person who wrote this drivel being married (I assumed she was a 14-year-old virgin).

inashoe.com/about-us/

some of the info is old-they just had another son and moved house- but that is the jist of it.

LiaS is truly scary because to their fans, their lifestyle 'works'. They're not like the Duggars or Maxwells with unmarried adult kids at home. Deanna is now the third generation of Kim's family to be a stay at home VF wife. Doug Phillips Is A Tool can pimp the Coghlans out as a success story.

kinda. her family was not so much vf-did not exist back then- but dirt poor almost homeless hippy types with some government distrust going on and they just could not figure out where all those darn babies kept coming from apparently :lol:

Jesus Christ. She's opposed to abortion for ectopic pregnancies.

inashoe.com/2008/06/ectopic-pregnancy-and-the-sanctity-of-life/

I've had a ruptured ectopic. I am very, very thankful that my doctors were able to leave my fallopian tube intact when they removed the embryo. Even if it weren't a danger to the mother's life to "watch and wait" on ectopic pregnancies, as this nutjob suggests - which it is - it's unquestionably a danger to her future fertility, as the longer you wait, the more likely it is she'll need the whole tube removed.

Jesus Christ. She's opposed to abortion for ectopic pregnancies.

inashoe.com/2008/06/ectopic-pregnancy-and-the-sanctity-of-life/

I've had a ruptured ectopic. I am very, very thankful that my doctors were able to leave my fallopian tube intact when they removed the embryo. Even if it weren't a danger to the mother's life to "watch and wait" on ectopic pregnancies, as this nutjob suggests - which it is - it's unquestionably a danger to her future fertility, as the longer you wait, the more likely it is she'll need the whole tube removed.

This is what Doug Phillips Is A Tool preaches (visionforumministries.org/issues/life/a_declaration_of_life.aspx):

Pro-Life, No Exceptions

WHEREAS those theories which justify the killing of the unborn child on the basis of the circumstances of conception (as in the case of rape and incest), or even the life of the mother (ectopic pregnancies) are completely false because they are based on unbiblical and humanistic ethics, unbiblical definitions of “self defense†theory, and a rejection of the personhood of the child...

[Emphasis added]

So it's not surprising that some of his main leghumpers like the Couglans say the same shite.

Obama Congress DOMA Doug Phillips Is A Tool March Madness Final Four

If Deanna got really pissed off at the manchild playing videogames on their sofa all day, do think the parents would allow her to move home??

Thank god she 's knocked up yet (that we know of). Or maybe she is, hence the extreme anger.

Not a chance. They might allow it if he were actively abusing her (although I think she could take him in a physical fight). But in their world the man's word is Law, and she has to suck it up. There's no way she'd be allowed to leave her husband's house over something as trivial as him doing something she didn't like. She's not even allowed to make choices about her own body without his say-so. When she still lived with her parents and asked if she could dye her hair or get a piercing, they told her to wait and ask her husband :roll:

Deanna has a new posting about coloring tshirts with markers. I swear I have such a hard time reading her posts and thinking she's older than 14.

LiaS is truly scary because to their fans, their lifestyle 'works'. They're not like the Duggars or Maxwells with unmarried adult kids at home. Deanna is now the third generation of Kim's family to be a stay at home VF wife. Doug Phillips Is A Tool can pimp the Coghlans out as a success story.

But Deanna isn't a SAHW! She works at Dairy Queen now, so she's a career woman!

Right? :shifty:

Actually I thought almost the same at first. I guessed her age to be 13 though (not 14). It terrifies me that grown-up people can reason this way. The world is really scary... I feel like running and hiding.

But Deanna isn't a SAHW! She works at Dairy Queen now, so she's a career woman!

Right? :shifty:

I forgot that she got a job. She's the third generation of Kim's family to drink the fundie kool-aid though which is still pretty scary.

I forgot that she got a job. She's the third generation of Kim's family to drink the fundie kool-aid though which is still pretty scary.

And third generation on Perry's side too. He was also from a homeschooling fundie Christian family.

Jesus met an impure woman and told her to sin no more. He also personally stopped a stoning. What bible is she reading?!

The New International Perry Version.

Anyone know their living arrangements? I don't mean their address, I just wondered if they live with his parents or if they were able to scrape up enough dough to get their own place.

Can you even imagine her waiting on you at Dairy Queen? You'd get ice cream with a superior attitude and incorrect change back.

In the pics on her blog, it looks like a pretty sparsely furnished 1 bedroom apartment in a complex. Before they married Kim C said the manchild husband to be was a "student" and also working, but there seems to have been no mention of his studies since. Unclear how the rent is being paid.

In the pics on her blog, it looks like a pretty sparsely furnished 1 bedroom apartment in a complex. Before they married Kim C said the manchild husband to be was a "student" and also working, but there seems to have been no mention of his studies since. Unclear how the rent is being paid.

They're in a very small apartment that is close enough to the LiaS compound that she babysits her siblings regularly. Or at least she used to, before she started climbing the corporate ladder.

I'm snarking on her career choice, but I actually have to hand it to her-- respect for sticking with this job longer than a shift or two; I can imagine most people from her background would not be prepared to serve the public and would run screaming into the night. I think she's very young and naive, but made of tougher stuff than some of her fundie peers.

They're in a very small apartment that is close enough to the LiaS compound that she babysits her siblings regularly. Or at least she used to, before she started climbing the corporate ladder.

I'm snarking on her career choice, but I actually have to hand it to her-- respect for sticking with this job longer than a shift or two; I can imagine most people from her background would not be prepared to serve the public and would run screaming into the night. I think she's very young and naive, but made of tougher stuff than some of her fundie peers.

I do worry that it might only be reinforcing of her beliefs that the secular world is wicked or whatever. Let's face it - some of the people who work in fast food aren't exactly the nicest/cleanest/holiest/healthiest/moral people. There are nice people everywhere, but in my experience with food service (and retail, and customer service) there is always at least one asshole coworker who won't stop hitting on every girl who can walk, one manager who chain smokes and isn't interested in hard work, asshole customers, and a lot of older teens/college age adults who are more interested in where the next party is at then doing their job. Which makes it really hard on the people who actually want to just do their job and go home.

She makes this bizarre analogy between humans and barbie dolls as part of her argument. If someone took your barbie dolls and made them have sex, have "abortions," lie, cheat, steal, in "your name," wouldn't you, too, throw out that doll, she asks?

Edited - extra words deleted.

My best friend and I turned my Barbie Townhouse into a whorehouse when we were kids. Oh wait, I think I just proved her point... I am corrupted! Put me to death. The world must be purged of me. Or would she be saying I'm a god? I'm confused, but since I'm not sure she could explain her own analogy either, I figure I'm safe. :)

I do worry that it might only be reinforcing of her beliefs that the secular world is wicked or whatever. Let's face it - some of the people who work in fast food aren't exactly the nicest/cleanest/holiest/healthiest/moral people. There are nice people everywhere, but in my experience with food service (and retail, and customer service) there is always at least one asshole coworker who won't stop hitting on every girl who can walk, one manager who chain smokes and isn't interested in hard work, asshole customers, and a lot of older teens/college age adults who are more interested in where the next party is at then doing their job. Which makes it really hard on the people who actually want to just do their job and go home.

That IS real life, though. Not all of the secular world is wicked, but there are certainly people in it who are.

She might meet real, genuine good people as well. My husband and I used to deliver pizza for years, and if she had run into us she would have met a couple who did their work without causing trouble, eschewed drugs, and generally tried to respect others. Thing is, those descriptors also applied to most of our co-workers.

However, we weren't fundies, and we did swear a lot, so she'd probably hate us anyway.

Methinks the lady realizes how much fun she could have had and is jealous of the gals who do.

I was thinking this too!! She's started a job at DQ & working with people who have fun, & sex lives and she is JEALOUS so trying to make herself feel superior.

Hey...we've all done that. Well not wished people to death but done/said something to make ourselves feel better at the expense of others.

So out of sheer horrified fascination I poked at another entry, the Doctor Who one, and found this:

I just love River Song. She’s so awesome and powerful and I love her independence, though it does make me scratch my head a bit at The Doctor sometimes.

I.. I just... River Song? The polar opposite of the Headship Wife? Her role model is River "That's A Whole Different Birthday" Song?

Oooohh yeah. Someone's murderously angry at her sorry, constricted, pinioned life, and doing her best to remind herself of the "penalties" of freedom. :whistle:

Archived