IGNORED

LiaS daughter: Death penalty for impure women

ladyamylynn

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has she seen Family of Blood?! Death would be nice after what the 10th doctor did to them.

The idea that the Doctor is a pacifist is such a joke. Forget about just 10, you're supposed to fear him. He might be 'gentle' and try to avoid killing BUT he can he can harm you he can leave you miserable, there are things worse then flat out death. There are reasons why his name strikes terror. Of course all this would mean that this blood thirsty girl/woman would you know need to use her grey cells. Then again if you're used to a God that requires vengeance and punishment then blergh I don't know what to say to you beyond theres a world bigger than you out there.

Well, what about the “heathen savages†in Africa that for many many generations murdered and tortured each other without a qualm for the most trivial reasons possible? Sometimes even for fun...... Weren’t those murdering savages appalled and inconvenienced at being expected to stop just killing each other? Couldn’t their initial reaction to such a requirement be summed up as “You can’t be serious. Who cares that much about something so trivial? Stop trying to force the outdated taboos of a different culture on us!â€

Not even sure where to start on this one.

“heathen savages†- sorry, is this 1860 or something?

"murdered and tortured each other without a qualm for the most trivial reasons possible?" - you mean like the European Christians who happily tortured / burned to death countless thousands? Because of disagreements over, for example, what a bit of bread in a religious ceremony represented?

Murder and torture for fun? The only society I can immediately think of that murdered and tortured for pure entertainment is the Romans. You know, the founders of Western Civilization.

"Weren’t those murdering savages appalled and inconvenienced at being expected to stop just killing each other?" Yeah, that's exactly how colonialism worked. :roll:

On the bright side, this lady doesn't exactly make fundy Christianity look attractive - let's hope she's put a few people off!

I might be wrong on this as it has been a while since I've pulled out my KJV, but isn't there story in their somewhere about Jesus and a prostitute and not casting stones?

That was my first thought! I don't recall Jesus sentencing the prostitute to the death penalty...

She learned her

"Weren’t those murdering savages appalled and inconvenienced at being expected to stop just killing each other?" Yeah, that's exactly how colonialism worked. :roll:

On the bright side, this lady doesn't exactly make fundy Christianity look attractive - let's hope she's put a few people off!

She is basically regurgitating the A Beka homeschool/dominionist party line about Africa and heathens....

talk2action.org/story/2005/11/22/234711/68

In general, A Beka's history textbooks emphasize Africa's need for Christian evangelism. In addition to derogatory comments about the religious beliefs of non-Christian Africans, the textbooks assert that their religious beliefs have been the major cause of the continent's lack of cultural and material progress and political instability and repression.

In A Beka's fifth-grade text, students read that traditional African religions were "false religious beliefs." In one text box, students are introduced to a Christian convert, Chief Khama, who successfully ruled his people even though the "land was ruled by witchcraft" and the people drank their traditional corn beer which made them "lazy and wicked." While discussing the work of Scottish missionary Mary Slessor, the text uses the term "savage" on three separate occasions. The text also notes that " The witch doctors used many evil and cruel practices. Some of the people were cannibals."

Oppressive governments are ascribed solely to the influence of traditional African religions: "In countries where the people are still held in fear by witchcraft and spirit worship, [postcolonial] self-government soon turned into dictatorship." A Beka's senior high text ascribes southern Africa's economic problems to the absence of Christianity: "For over a thousand years, there was no clear Christian witness in the vast heartland of Africa; the fear, idolatry, superstition, and witchcraft associated with animism (the belief that natural objects and forces are inhabited by mostly malignant spirits) prevented most Africans from learning how to use nature for man's benefit and thus develop a high culture like that of the other African empires."

She is a product of her "education" ; 0

Leave it to a biblical literalist to insist that we can't use the literal definition of "levite's daughter" or "whore". Noooo, we're all priests now so everybodys' daughters get put to death.

The biblical commentaries that come up when I google the verse actually manage to be worse than this woman's take on the matter. Some of these guys seem to have thought about exactly how to kill a priest's daughter a little too much.

bible.cc/leviticus/21-9.htm

It looks like she's finally gotten around to approving comments. She even approved th ones that disagreed with her, and posted a number of replies. However, my personal favorite mentions that the devil is the reason some women believe "whoring around" is no big deal, and the informs her that the "ladies over at freejinger are all up in arms" over the post!

I think she wrote from the heart, in her own voice, and then tried to edit it to sound more mature. I think I shall try to restore what I suspect were her original thoughts. . .

Here’s an example. We are supposed to be living images of God, so in a very small way lets say that Barbie dolls are inanimate images of us. It’s comparable because I say so, dammit - leave me alone!So, like, someone has a barbie doll that looks a lot like you which means that you, too, cannot stand up straight, and then like totally goes around in front of other people totally saying idiotic things like “Oh look I’m ____!†and then has that doll fornicate, commit adultery, (murder its unborn children…) steal, lie, chew gum, criticize my clothes and all of this in your name. Wouldn’t that be at the very least extremely annoying? Perhaps you would be mature enough to put it behind you, and not think about it, but personally I would want to take away that doll, and break it - chop off the hair, then twist off the legs and the head, and smash it with a hammer! Have you ever done that to a Barbie of someone you didn't like? I did, and it's so cool - but I digress -- to keep that exceedingly immature and rude person from besmirching my reputation and we all know that God is just like me - not you, hahah - just me! Doesn’t God have the right to be angry when we do something so unspeakably rude? What fallible human man would put up with someone saying such things about his wife? Because, of course, God is just like a fallible human man (as opposed to one of those non-human men). He's an immature, vain deity, and making him look bad in public by claiming you are representing him while doing things I don't like is totally deserving of burning alive. Because burning humans, for God, is just like breaking dolls is for us.

Like, totally.

So there.

All fixed!

It looks like she's finally gotten around to approving comments. She even approved th ones that disagreed with her, and posted a number of replies. However, my personal favorite mentions that the devil is the reason some women believe "whoring around" is no big deal, and the informs her that the "ladies over at freejinger are all up in arms" over the post!

So, up in arms = laughing our asses off at her????

I find it interesting that she posted this while the rest of her family is presumably on a "media fast" and cannot read her blog.

We are? :shock: Why does no one ever tell me about stuff like that? Seriously, people, my pitchfork isn't even close to polished, I'm running low on torches again, and the dress with the scarlet letter is in the laundry! :(

Thoughtful, you're a genius!

Aw, thanks.

Not a genius, just still able to access my inner whiny teen. Probably because I never let her out to express herself, even when I was a teen! :D

but they can and do raise sons who will.

Well, we can all comfort ourselves in the fact that there is no way in hell her 3rd generation SODRT-educated spawn would every be elected to anything. The tea party may be full of morons, but they're relatively well-educated morons. About the worst harm they can do is vote, and they usually vote for third-party candidates.

she so nuff won't get no sympathy or support from moms and pops it does not take long to figure out kim and perry are raising soldiers for the cause of vf and no deviating offspring is welcome.

Something tells me she's tired of her manchild husband already.

:clap: I think we've got it! She married an adolescent and now she's surprised he didn't magically mature when they slipped the rings on. :roll: I'm still shaking my head/surprised that her parents let her go through with this; surely someone with more than a few decades on the odometer could see that both of these kids were not ready to jump into adulthood.

:clap: I think we've got it! She married an adolescent and now she's surprised he didn't magically mature when they slipped the rings on. :roll: I'm still shaking my head/surprised that her parents let her go through with this; surely someone with more than a few decades on the odometer could see that both of these kids were not ready to jump into adulthood.

Because her parents did it too.

Methinks the lady realizes how much fun she could have had and is jealous of the gals who do.

Anything to prevent premarital sex, I suppose.

If Deanna got really pissed off at the manchild playing videogames on their sofa all day, do think the parents would allow her to move home??

Thank god she 's knocked up yet (that we know of). Or maybe she is, hence the extreme anger.

kim? let her come back? no way in hell. they practice very strict leave and cleave and not duggar style. deanna is her husbands wife now not their daughter.

Archived