IGNORED

LiaS daughter: Death penalty for impure women

ladyamylynn

Not a surprise AT ALL.

The (rotten) apple doesn't fall far from the (diseased) tree.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a superwhore. I was a pastor's daughter that was 4.5 months pregnant at her wedding. :lol: :orcs-buttshake: :happy-partydance:

Well she does briefly say men are responsible, too, but she can't possibly address them because she is, you know, a woman. :?

Also, don’t take my exclusion of young men in my examples as me only applying standards of purity to women. Young men are just as responsible because they are supposed to be images of Christ. I address young women in this post primarily because I am a young woman. I’ll let men talk to the men.

So, this one is for all of you who think that Deanna and the rest of the LiaS family is "fundie lite" or moving away from fundamentalism because they wear jeans and listen to rock music:

deannasblog.com/a-controversial-thought/

Tl;dr: Women who have sex before marriage deserve to be put to death. No, really. That's what she's advocating.

Edited to fix typo.

My response on her blog, which I'm sure will never see the light of day.

If you would be more comfortable in a country that puts women (and occasionally men) to death for unmarried sex, you might consider moving to Iran or join the Taliban in Aphganistan. They seem to fit your idea of how to serve God better than most churches. If you believe that a woman having sex before marriage dishonors her father's house, you should read up on honor killings. Sounds like exactly the kind of world you are promoting. Perhaps you believe the Christian version would somehow be a kinder, gentler world, but I believe you are sadly mistaken. Or, you believe that the threat would stop people from sinning and "shaming their father" then you are either unaware of how many people historically have sex outside of marriage, no matter what the penalties have been, OR you are bloodthirsty. Or, it could be that some girl you dislike had sex and you are wishing her dead.

Your argument is not helped by the Barbie example. And I would suggest you read up on other cultures beyond the "heathen savages" in Africa.... virtually all cultures on all continents have a history of killing one another for virtually no reason, or for power, revenge, to gain land or holdings, or to enforce someone's version of God's Law.

If you want to see what your law might look like in practice, google up honor killings, or woman stoned for adultery, etc. If you still think it is a good idea, then I hope, for all our sakes, including your own, that you never have the kind of power to put your ideas into practice.

The verse she cites isn't even about premarital sex. It's specifically about prostitution, and specifically applies only to the daughters of Levites. If she actually read her Bible, she might notice that what it actually says about premarital sex is that if you have it, you're supposed to get married.

I mean, I'm not a fan of biblical morality anyway, but at least get it right.

I might be wrong on this as it has been a while since I've pulled out my KJV, but isn't there story in their somewhere about Jesus and a prostitute and not casting stones?

I was just about to mention that.

As far as I can tell, fundamentalists spend almost no time reading the Gospels and way too much time in reading the Pauline epistles and Leviticus.

Well shit at least let know before you are gonna kill me. I would like to at least do the dirty with the man I love but not married to yet.

Too bad a lot of fundies don't base marriages on love or Im sure there would be a lot more pre-martial sex.

The verse she cites isn't even about premarital sex. It's specifically about prostitution, and specifically applies only to the daughters of Levites. If she actually read her Bible, she might notice that what it actually says about premarital sex is that if you have it, you're supposed to get married.

I mean, I'm not a fan of biblical morality anyway, but at least get it right.

Well, she has a half-assed explanation for that.

And another thing. The verse speaks specifically of the Levites and says “The daughter of a priest.â€, and that doesn’t mean that it only applies to the Levites. It applies to all households because now we are priests for ourselves. Since Christ came, we no longer need a priesthood to intercede for us.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty sure my Barbie and Skipper were having 3-ways with Ken in the way kewl Barbie van I had as a kid. Perhaps I should find them and burn them.

So, this one is for all of you who think that Deanna and the rest of the LiaS family is "fundie lite" or moving away from fundamentalism because they wear jeans and listen to rock music:

deannasblog.com/a-controversial-thought/

Tl;dr: Women who have sex before marriage deserve to be put to death. No, really. That's what she's advocating.

Edited to fix typo.

I knew it, my head should have been on the guillotine a long time ago!

So, horror of horrors, I've slept with two different guys. But I later married both of them! (At different times, obviously.) Do I still get stoned, or...? (I mean, I know I get stoned just because I have a vagina, but does this take me down from 'Giant Boulder' to 'Country Road Gravel' or what?)

One big theological argument that people really get up in arms about is Leviticus 21:9 which talks about how girls who sleep around before marriage and “dishonor their father’s house†deserve the death sentence (and the term used is “whoring†so the verse is definitely not saying that a one time tryst or past sins repented of deserve death).

So--sex before marriage ONCE is ok. Once you cross the line to "whoring" though, you're done for. Unless you repent, which downgrades it to "past sin" and you're good again.

Before reading this, I was definitely on the side of "Deanna's too indoctrinated to have had sex before marriage" but after reading this, I'm thinking she probably did have a "one time tryst" or "past sins repented". Otherwise why would she bother drawing the line between that, and whatever "whoring" is supposed to be.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. I looked up the actual verse that Deanna was referencing.

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

So that's why she can claim this even though Jesus stopped that lady from being stoned. Deanna doesn't want those wicked women to be stoned! Perish the very thought!

She wants them to be BURNED ALIVE.

And that makes it alllllll better, right guys?

Before reading this, I was definitely on the side of "Deanna's too indoctrinated to have had sex before marriage" but after reading this, I'm thinking she probably did have a "one time tryst" or "past sins repented". Otherwise why would she bother drawing the line between that, and whatever "whoring" is supposed to be.

Think she got re-virginated/re-hymenated?

more likely her husband was caught playing missionary and nubile heathen with some one and it is not even conceivable to put real blame on the man, much less a husband. methinks her fairytale is fast becoming a fractured one :|

*snort*of*derision*

She married at what, 18? pff! Easy for her to say. Try being the daughter of two very sincere but very very very very traditional people, having been told several times, "You come home pregnant out of wedlock, your father will lie down and die of shame, right here, right on this floor" and then not marrying 'til 29. IN the 1960s-70s.

I had a friend like Deanna - curiously, this gal was Roman Catholic and a lot of fun otherwise. She married at 20 and stridently said girls who dishonored their fathers and broke their fathers' hearts by having sex before marriage deserved every punishment imaginable. What was hilarious: Her husband was flaming gay (she was the only one didn't see it) and her own marriage lasted about a year and a half. This would've been in the Stone Age circa 1972.

I have a friend whose mother's sole advice - the only thing she said to her, really - before she left for college was "if you get pregnant, don't ever come back."

So--sex before marriage ONCE is ok. Once you cross the line to "whoring" though, you're done for. Unless you repent, which downgrades it to "past sin" and you're good again.

How many times do you have to have sex before it qualifies as whoring? And how much time do you get to repent before someone comes to stone you?

Here's another one who's confused the Lord Jesus and Lord Voldemort.

Like'ing this didn't seem sufficient. Can we get a "Fricking Adore!" button?

How many times do you have to have sex before it qualifies as whoring? And how much time do you get to repent before someone comes to stone you?

Exactly.

Archived