IGNORED

LiaS daughter: Death penalty for impure women

ladyamylynn

So, this one is for all of you who think that Deanna and the rest of the LiaS family is "fundie lite" or moving away from fundamentalism because they wear jeans and listen to rock music:

deannasblog.com/a-controversial-thought/

Tl;dr: Women who have sex before marriage deserve to be put to death. No, really. That's what she's advocating.

Edited to fix typo.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was just terrible and hateful. I did not understand the Barbie metaphor at all.

That was just terrible and hateful. I did not understand the Barbie metaphor at all.

It make no fucking sense to me either. Then again, most fundies don't make sense.

Bit of a serious misunderstanding of theology there - very sad. Don't normally pull the bible card out here cause it isn't appropriate BUT Jesus was teaching that in the end whatever human standards we chose to measure up to...it is God to whom we are accountable at the end of the day...and as none of us are without sin, we would do better to look at ourselves before thinking we have the right to judge others. Judging others is not a loving act of Christian service - leave that to God and the laws of whatever country you live in (whether you like them or not!!); encouragement and setting an example by our own lives is a better one. That blog is a terrible example....but she sounds young....so..er..let's hope over time she actually studies her faith a little more deeply. Off for a glass of wine...bit depressed, thought she was a little more educated about what it is she has been bought up to believe :(

So, she 'can't find any solid reason to say [the death penalty] is morally wrong'. Hmmm. How about 'thou shalt not kill'? And what if the 'pre-marital fun' she's describing has resulted in the creation of a little blessing? Is she going to have the fetus put to death along with its mother? Or is she going to wait until it's born, then leave it motherless, presumably passing it on to a good Christian family?

Holy shit, thats terrible :o

This is dissapointing, I actually thought Deanna was pretty cool

Hmm, she was just a fundie in disguise. The most dangerous kind. Likeable fundies: they pretend to be cool and normal, but if you take a closer look, you will find a hateful and prideful person who would not hesitate to take away your rights.

Soooo....premarital sex is like murder, and God is not mature enough to handle humanity's petty slights. That's what I got from this.

She makes this bizarre analogy between humans and barbie dolls as part of her argument. If someone took your barbie dolls and made them have sex, have "abortions," lie, cheat, steal, in "your name," wouldn't you, too, throw out that doll, she asks?

Well, no, because barbie dolls are not people and are incapable of independent action, so I wouldn't feel that the doll should be punished for what some person did to it.

Her whole argument is so convoluted and makes so little sense. Indigenous people used to wage war and kill others for many reasons, and are now "inconvenienced" by abstaining from traditional killings by contemporary society? She's trying to make a point about cultural relativism, very poorly, to say that if the Bible says a certain group should be killed, they should be killed no matter what contemporary culture says. It's quite a terrifying and ruthless argument. I fully expected her to divert to the old well-trodden path of, "your sin is deserving of death but Jesus sets you free," but no; it's all bloodlust all the way down.

Edited - extra words deleted.

Ok, I am the first to admit that I dont know the bible. But I think her barbie/church wxample is antithetical to her own beliefs.

She says that a marriage is a picture of jesus and the church, and therefore an unmarried woman is an example of the church before the marriage. But isnt the whole point of Jesus that he came around and died for "the church's" awful sins? If that is true, then I would think a sexually "impure" woman would be the best picture of the heathen sinners who were "saved" by Jesus's "marriage" to the church. Or am I just misunderstanding something I know little about?

Well, this is one post where I will actually ask, "But what about teh MENZ??"

It's always the woman's fault beause she wore immodest clothing and made the menz think defrauding thoughts. :naughty: Because, by their logic, the poor menz can't control themselves they found themselves forced to have the sex with the woman. :roll:

Hmm, it seems we know what God’s reaction to this kind of woman was when he came down from heaven and lived among us. He spoke with them at the well, he ate with them, he allowed one of them to wash his feet with tears and dry them with her hair. Certainly didn’t seem like he was a big proponent of the death penalty for these women. Seemed like it was the exact opposite. He said he came for these people, not those who aren’t sinners, but those who are.

Well, what about the “heathen savages†in Africa that for many many generations murdered and tortured each other without a qualm for the most trivial reasons possible? Sometimes even for fun. Many “civilized†people today agree that murder deserves the death sentence or at least a hefty term of imprisonment. Weren’t those murdering savages appalled and inconvenienced at being expected to stop just killing each other? Couldn’t their initial reaction to such a requirement be summed up as “You can’t be serious. Who cares that much about something so trivial? Stop trying to force the outdated taboos of a different culture on us!â€

Um, really? :shock: What heathen savages is she talking about? There are a lot of cultures (even those mentioned in the bible) who have done violent things throughout history that are hard to understand by modern standards. But I'm not sure I can think of any who tortured and murdered other people just for fun on a societal level. Because the main premise of the article wasn't bad enough, let's toss in a little western supremacy as well.

Wow. That was an eye-opener. I don't myself mind their general smugness/arrogance per se as I don't like to see women being complete doormats &/ incubators without a personality but oh my. I can't be cheerfully amused by anyone championing death to women for sexual immorality. That is disgusting. I have done a 180° on this. I no longer like or defend Lias no matter how confident, quirky, fun, alternative or genuinely interesting and creative they are. They are so dropped.

I might be wrong on this as it has been a while since I've pulled out my KJV, but isn't there story in their somewhere about Jesus and a prostitute and not casting stones?

I'm glad someone caught the racist comment as well. Wow, just a lot of ugly, ugly thinking behind the pretty facade.

:shock: :o O, go fuck yourself with a leggo, Deanna. Why should your religion be determining how I act, Deanna?

Feel free to stone me to death for my impurity. That impurity was a blast. :lol: Sex is fun, damn it.

Yea, I can't even...just no. The argument is a mess and does not make any sense at all. And just women put to death? Purposely ignoring that it takes two to tango I see. Always her fault.

Go right ahead Deanna. I am a "whore". Throw those stones.

Between her flawed logic and her bad writing, I could barely make sense of what she was saying. School of the dining room table fail.

Archived