IGNORED

Taliban Tony and Lina's crisis of faith/marriage

wtylcf

Can anyone direct me to the thread(s) about Taliban Tony turning atheist? I missed that.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Death crouches? Stand up, Death, before you ruin your knees.

:lol:

I saw Death doing squats in the gym - he was looking pretty good.

TT's facebook profile is gone, and Paulina has changed her name back to her maiden name. I'm thinking they split up... which is what my suspicion was all along.

TT's facebook profile is gone, and Paulina has changed her name back to her maiden name. I'm thinking they split up... which is what my suspicion was all along.

Wow...I would have thought Lina would lay low for awhile before changing her FB back to her maiden name. I definitely didn't suspect a breakup after Tony's "come to Jesus" post - I thought the intervention had been successful and he'd decided to go back to being a Christian, as others surmised. I really hope Lina has the full support of her family - "I told you so's" don't really make a whit of difference now, but this is why it's not a good idea for a teenager to get married to someone she's met on the internet and doesn't know in real life and then to have a baby 9 months later. I also hope Tony will do right by his family - he seemed to love their very adorable baby so hopefully he won't abandon them financially.

I hope to God that Lina gets her family's help in raising her baby and decides to get some education or practical skills so she can support herself. Please, please, Lina, you NEED A fallback plan in life. You can always be a SAHM if you want to later, but if it doesn't happen, you need to be prepared.

Wow...I would have thought Lina would lay low for awhile before changing her FB back to her maiden name. I definitely didn't suspect a breakup after Tony's "come to Jesus" post - I thought the intervention had been successful and he'd decided to go back to being a Christian, as others surmised. I really hope Lina has the full support of her family - "I told you so's" don't really make a whit of difference now, but this is why it's not a good idea for a teenager to get married to someone she's met on the internet and doesn't know in real life and then to have a baby 9 months later. I also hope Tony will do right by his family - he seemed to love their very adorable baby so hopefully he won't abandon them financially.

I hope to God that Lina gets her family's help in raising her baby and decides to get some education or practical skills so she can support herself. Please, please, Lina, you NEED A fallback plan in life. You can always be a SAHM if you want to later, but if it doesn't happen, you need to be prepared.

I hope her family will be accepting of her, an unwed young mother. They are very conservative evangelicals, so who knows? She went through a phase of treating them pretty terribly, so I hope they are willing/able to support her now. I feel pretty badly for the baby.

I hope her family will be accepting of her, an unwed young mother. They are very conservative evangelicals, so who knows? She went through a phase of treating them pretty terribly, so I hope they are willing/able to support her now. I feel pretty badly for the baby.

I remember on her old blog, before its deletion, she had a post about how she didn't agree with her parent's Bible study because it was on the night of a Jewish festival, or on Sabbath or something, and wanted to pray alone in her room. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I know Lina's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really feel for her. At 19, I was an insufferable idiot, convinced that I was going to marry this Godly man I was dating, who turned out to be a manipulative asshole. I didn't break up with him until I was 21 and our relationship caused tremendous stress in my family. I am so thankful they kept communication with me open, and that he didn't succeed in his efforts to poison me against my parents. I would certainly be divorced now if I'd married the guy. So I understand being stupid about life and judgmental of others, thinking you've got it all figured out, only to have it come crashing down around you. I just hope that Lina's recovery includes a disavowal of religious fundamentalism. It has not done her any good.

I feel for her to her whole world has come crashing down and everything she had banked on is now gone. Maybe she will finally take her parents up on their offer to send her to college she's going to need it more than ever now I can't imagine the realization of my marriage being gone and then realizing that everything she could have done she gave up in order to become a wife at 19 when the realization hits you it's not pretty.

I feel quite sorry for her being so young and having gone through all this. Is her FB public? I haven't seen the baby and am curious to see him. It is a boy, yes?

The baby is adorable.

Both Jocelyn Dixon and Paulina apparently now have failed multiple courtships/marriages now - it's hard not to feel smug about that. I hope Paulina doesn't have a difficult separation (and hoping Taliban Tony doesn't act violent or anything towards her) but aside from her and the baby's basic welfare....that's about it.

I'm not surprised if they are divorcing, but I am surprised at how quickly it all went downhill. Especially if he was willing to go back to religion for her.

Interesting that she quoted Ratzinger. Catholicism would be an odd choice for her, as a new divorcee. I wonder if she will go back to blogging?

Hmmm, if she wanted to join the Catholic church maybe she could get an annulment? I could see her claiming AJ deceived her by turning Athiest after they were married. Would this cause issues with her son, though? I'm not too familiar with the annulment process so maybe a FJ lawyer or Catholic could provide better insight on the subject.

Hmmm, if she wanted to join the Catholic church maybe she could get an annulment? I could see her claiming AJ deceived her by turning Athiest after they were married. Would this cause issues with her son, though? I'm not too familiar with the annulment process so maybe a FJ lawyer or Catholic could provide better insight on the subject.

I'm not Catholic, but I suspected that they'd have to be married in the Catholic church for the church to have power over an annulment. However, this is not the case. Wikipedia tells me that if there was no priest at the wedding, they could have it annulled based on its "lack of canonical form." An easy out? I welcome the insight of anyone who knows more about this...

Also, the fact that her brain isn't even done developing gives her a bit more leeway in my book. She's got a lot of growing up to do, and unfortunately she's made some bad choices. She can still turn it around though. She hasn't done anything so bad that she doesn't deserve a second chance.

Just had a nasty thought: could the post about crouching death have been the apology/calm part of an abusive cycle? If so, thank FSM Lina had the sense to take the baby and leave.

I'm not Catholic, but I suspected that they'd have to be married in the Catholic church for the church to have power over an annulment. However, this is not the case. Wikipedia tells me that if there was no priest at the wedding, they could have it annulled based on its "lack of canonical form." An easy out? I welcome the insight of anyone who knows more about this...

Yes a church annulment if you were married outside the catholic church is very easy to get. They basically say the marriage wasnt valid to begin with since you aren't married in the church. I had one and a filled out a short one page form then gave them a copy of my divorce decree and my baptism certifictae (to show i was catholic). A church annulment also has nothing to do with a legal annulment so it would cause no legal problems for her child. My first marriage I was married in a Methodist church. I had a civil divorce and a church annulment. I then married my second husband in the Catholic Church. Neither of us are practicing Catholics at the moment

Sorry to be so long winded but hope that answered the question :)

Archived