IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

Only if you served Diet Coke as well.

Alas. Regular coke with a generous helping of Southern Comfort.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burmese chickpea soup with ginger, lemongrass, lime, shallot, and cress.

Rice.

Shredded carrot salad tossed with shallot oil, fried shallots, toasted peanuts, quick-pickled ginger, cilantro, and lime.

I could eat that carrot salad twice a week for lunch and not get tired of it, I think.

We had roast chicken, stuffing, a veggie mix of baby corn, baby peas, baby carrots and broccoli. And because I figured I needed even more veg, we had a green salad too. :lol:

Green pea soup. Oil, shallots, mint, pack of frozen peas, veggies clippings stock. Once cooked gave it a whirl in the food processor and hit it with some lemon. Garlic bread on the side.

Green pea soup. Oil, shallots, mint, pack of frozen peas, veggies clippings stock. Once cooked gave it a whirl in the food processor and hit it with some lemon. Garlic bread on the side.

Yum!

We are having a lentil salad and a pasta dressed with tahini-yogurt-lemon sauce.

Mock fish tacos- heavily seasoned tofu, shredded cabbage, pico, avocado, topped with a cilantro-lime sauce.

What seasonings do you use for you tofu when you use it for fish tacos? Also, what shape do you cut it into? Pretty please?

Turkey and rice soup

This thread always makes me hungry. Can we do an FJ potluck some time? :D

Tonight's offering will be Vietnamese spring rolls, because I'm feeling lazy and have a surplus of rice paper.

I just came to see if I can get an idea for tonight's dinner :lol:

My aunt is visiting from Blaine, WA and brought some gorgeous crab with her straight from the coast. We made a salad, melted some butter, cut up a baguette and had a feast. She also brought five dozen oysters for tonight! Thank goodness for coastal relatives.

What seasonings do you use for you tofu when you use it for fish tacos? Also, what shape do you cut it into? Pretty please?

I use extra firm tofu and try to squeeze some of the liquid out with a towel. Then I marinate it overnight in a mix of the following: lime juice, ground cumin, crushed red pepper, cayenne, Mexican chili powder (the spicy kind, but regular chili powder would work fine), black pepper, oregano leaves, fresh cilantro, and minced garlic. Shape depends on how I am cooking it. If I grill it, i cut into 1/4" thick slices, then cut into bite size pieces after grilling. If I am cooking it on the stove in a skillet w/ olive oil, I cut it into pinkie-finger sized strips before marinating.

Spinach/eggplant curry over riced cauliflower (less calories and carbs, but not nearly as good as rice!).

I use extra firm tofu and try to squeeze some of the liquid out with a towel. Then I marinate it overnight in a mix of the following: lime juice, ground cumin, crushed red pepper, cayenne, Mexican chili powder (the spicy kind, but regular chili powder would work fine), black pepper, oregano leaves, fresh cilantro, and minced garlic. Shape depends on how I am cooking it. If I grill it, i cut into 1/4" thick slices, then cut into bite size pieces after grilling. If I am cooking it on the stove in a skillet w/ olive oil, I cut it into pinkie-finger sized strips before marinating.

Thank you!

This sounds DELICIOUS.

I'm making grilled veggies, beans, and pasta in pesto for dinner. Maybe there will be wine as well.

Israeli couscous with artichoke bits, herbs, lemon, and chopped toasted almonds. I'm headed out of town tomorrow, and this seemed like it would make good leftovers for traveling.

Life being uncertain, I have already eaten dessert (a half scoop of orange-cardamom frozen yogurt paired with a half scoop of Mexican chocolate ice cream).

I had guacamole with blue tortilla chips. Probably not the healthiest, but not the worst, right?

Last night I made Beef Merlot with a portabello and sun dried tomato ragout. I'm trying to expand my cooking horizons and skills, and I felt like a freakin gourmet! Having the leftovers tonight. God, it was awesome.

I took a nap instead of packing my dinner for work tonight. So I'm going to get Jimmy Johns delivered.

Archived