IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night we drove almost an hour to eat some delicious Korean food (kal-bi and kim chee), and then to a performance of Cirque Du Soleil, Quidam. A lovely night! Tonight I seasoned, coated and browned some pork chops, put them on a bed of elbow noodles with mushrooms and cream and chicken broth. Top it off with thinly sliced onions and bake for a while, covered with foil. I don't know if it has a name, my mom made it for us when we were young.

Stir-fry made from leftover pork roast, broccoli and cauliflower with chow mein noodles.

Clam hash. Hot, fast, and very unhealthy I'm sure, but oh how delicious. Put it over a buttered English muffin, fry an egg on top, and - mmm!

Last night I made a veggie stir fry in Thai ginger sauce over rice. Last bit of butternut squash I had cut into matchsticks, broccoli, onion, rehydrated shitake mushrooms and carrots. Lots of ginger, garlic, fish sauce, dark soy and golden mountain seasoning sauce. Yummy.

It is hot. So we're having salade Niçoise, sort of-- in place of tuna or anchovy, I use cooked chickpeas flaked with garlic, olive oil, and a little broth. I'll have asparagus on mine; The Partner, who thinks it's vile stuff, will have extra fennel instead.

Rounding out the plate, romaine, cress, tomato, olives, red bell pepper, boiled potato, artichoke hearts, herbs (chives, parsley, lovage), and hard-boiled egg wedges. Mustardy vinaigrette.

Pizza casserole- penne, left-over tomato sauce, chopped pepperoni and mozzarella with roasted veggies (zucchini, tomatoes and onions) on the side

Mr Atheist helped his mom move some furniture today, so she sent him home with a lasagna, garlic bread, a salad, and tiramisu.

Does she ship over the border? :pray:

We did pizza buns. Had a massive migraine, so MrKnickers and the kids decided on that. I had a little bit of fruit. It was as much as I felt up to.

Tomorrow is a hash thing I make every once in a while, at the request of the rest of these people I live with - potatoes parboiled, sliced thin, then slow sauteed with corn, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, carrot coins and whatever seasonings strike my fancy. Also fry some ground turkey up and toss that in at the end.

Tomorrow is a hash thing I make every once in a while, at the request of the rest of these people I live with - potatoes parboiled, sliced thin, then slow sauteed with corn, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, carrot coins and whatever seasonings strike my fancy. Also fry some ground turkey up and toss that in at the end.

sounds yummy, I may have to try something similar.

Tonight I'm having leftovers from lunch. (The big boss took us out for Administrative Professionals Day -which is actually tomorrow). Half of a huge sweet potato and some steak. Also grapes, because I think eating fruit is good, or so I tell myself. :roll:

Does she ship over the border? :pray:

She probably would.

Tonight we had pasta salad, followed by strawberry shortcake.

Homemade felafel. Tahini sauce and yogurt sauce. Grated carrot salad.

Yum!

We had lemony, ricotta-filled ravioli tonight, with roasted fava beans. (Much easier than shelling and boiling favas, and they were tender enough to eat whole.)

It was kind of a fend for yourself night. No one was terribly hungry so I didn't see the point in cooking a full meal. So for me, I just had some steamed cauliflower and broccoli. Hit the spot.

i have no idea. i have list of the weeks planned meals, but none of them sound good. no produce that is begging to eaten before spoilage, no leftovers, nothing exciting. i'll have to figure something out soon. all i know is protein + veg +veg +fruit. maybe frittata since it is quick and easy- that covers the protein and vegetables.

Peapods and Chinese cabbage dressed in a tahini-miso sauce (a recipe from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook). Rice alongside. It'll make leftovers and won't take forever to prep, which is what I'm going for tonight.

Peapods and Chinese cabbage dressed in a tahini-miso sauce (a recipe from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook). Rice alongside. It'll make leftovers and won't take forever to prep, which is what I'm going for tonight.

I adore the Smitten Kitchen blog, and hope to take possession of her cookbook in the near future. Her olive and artichoke crostini is to die for, not to mention her lasagne.

It is a cool rainy day so soup will make an appearance at dinner. Now i just need to figure out what kind... cream of celery, Italian spinach, something spicy and Thai-like, the possibilities are endless. I'm leaning towards "cream" of celery (almond milk instead of dairy, hence the quotes on cream) since it seems to fit with well with anything else i feel like adding to the meal.

The ultimate in healthy eating: Deep dish pizza and beer-batter fries.

The pizza had mushrooms, so that excuses the rest of it, right?

Only if you served Diet Coke as well.

Pizza casserole- penne pasta with left over pizza sauce and chopped up pepperoni topped with mozzarella served with roasted zucchini and peppers.

Woot! We're doing healthy tonight too - wings, cheesy bread and chocolate lava cakes. :lol: ;)

The trip out for Cajun food we were planning to have last night was replaced by a trip to urgent care, where we ate a couple of deli salads while waiting for The Partner to be seen for what turned out to be bronchitis. (SO glad he does not have flu.)

By his request, tonight we had garlic rasam, along with rice and sundal. (Sundal, which I adore, is cooked chickpeas quick-fried with mustard seeds, asafoetida, chilis, and unsweetened coconut, then seasoned with salt and mango powder and/or lemon. It makes very good leftovers.)

Archived