IGNORED

What's For Dinner - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I can get it prepped in time, tonight's dinner will be mushroom and wild rice soup. I've got a new recipe that looks promising.

Roasted cabbage wedges, crash hot potatoes (Pioneer Woman), sliced tomatoes, and something with protein that has yet to be decided.

If I can get it prepped in time, tonight's dinner will be mushroom and wild rice soup. I've got a new recipe that looks promising.

This sounds yummy. High School Atheist doesn't like mushrooms, so I'd have to make it on a night when he's going to be out. He's pretty good about eating a few when they're a component in something, but as the main attraction he would not be happy.

Spaghettini with meaty tomato sauce for hubs (will be repurposed into lunch for him tomorrow), pesto sauce and slices of grilled halloumi cheese for me. Salad made of whatever vegetables could go into a salad and need eating.

Last night I found myself craving comfort food, so I got takeout from a vegetarian American Chinese restaurant. I had Mongolian Beef and some of the pictured deep fried appetizers. I was amused, horrified, and delighted when I opened the lid and saw this.post-1829-14451997246268_thumb.jpg

Using the last of our St. Paddy's corned beef to make Reuben sandwiches.

Mexican salad- lettuces, kale, spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado, black beans, cucumber, red onion, tofu, hot corn relish, cilantro, and shredded cheddar topped with a chipotle-lime dressing.

Either fish tacos made with grilled tilapia, a sauce like this, and some shredded cabbage on a tortilla, or some of this soup with matzo balls. (This soup recipe is amazingly similar to one of my own called "Cures-Everything Chicken Soup." I usually throw in some barley for "body.")

Hot dogs, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans and Girl Scout Cookies.

It was supposed to be meatloaf, or maybe chicken, but we got back late so I just made veggie filled eggs and pie. It was blueberry apple pie, so that's, um, healthy, right? (Well, the nieces gorged on apples all day long, so believe me, I'm not crying over it.)

Tonight was an "assembly" dinner rather than cooking. I had spaghetti with butternut squash sauce and some garlic-stuffed olives from a jar. It was all even better than I had been hoping for.

My oldest took us all out for supper, so it was assorted - I had a Ceaser salad, dh and ds#2 had burgers, ds#1 had a steak, and Dd had fettucine Alfredo. It was all very good.

Salad using up some lettuce odds (arugula and frisee), herbs, and spring veggies (fennel, carrot, green onion), topped with croutonified goat cheese (dredge in egg and seasoned bread crumbs; pan fry). The Partner omeletted what remained of the egg.

went out for dinner with my parents and had an amazing "Asian Fusion Salad." tons of veggies, some rice noodles, tofu, peanuts, and cilantro all tossed in a wonderful thai-like dressing. and since i wasn't driving- a few glasses of wine.

Pig Stomach (It's MUCH better tha it sounds, has no stomach in it, but a definate no no for dieters)

cubed potatoes

1 lb. pork sausage

about !/2 head to 1 head cabbage

cook potatoes until almost done

cook sausage, drain about half the fat

julienne cabbage (raw)

mix together, cut half stick of butter over top, bake in foil pouch at 450 for over an hour, or until you can smell the taters and cabbage are cooked. Ideally the potatoes will be a bit crispy where they were touching foil pouch.

I guess I should have mentioned the foil pouch, first! I guess this dish was actually cooked inside of a pig stomach back in the old country, now weh have foil!

Homemade macaroni and cheese. Comfort food!

I also baked some chocolate chip cookies today, so we'll have those after if we want.

A riff on pasta primavera: elbow noodles, peas, asparagus, and green garlic in a light shallot-wine-butter-saffron sauce. It's all gone.

It was finally nice enough to grill outside tonight. MrDrPusey grilled hamburgers for him. I made a vegetarian paella thing with grilled vegetables. You make the saffron rice separately, combine with the grilled veggies, and then heat it all together in a cast iron skillet back on the grill.

Easter Dinner: steaks on the grill, baked potatoes w/sour cream and chives, steamed broccoli w/mock Hollandaise, hot cross buns, and strawberries with Danish junket for dessert.

Tonight we're having:

Cottage pie, with carrots and sautéed leeks.

It's one of my favourite things to cook and one of hubby's to eat. Win win situation!

Archived