IGNORED

NieNie the American hero

lilwriter85

To be clear, I am not judging him either, but I wonder if Nie secretly does and that's why she presents him the way she does on her blog.

I also wonder the same thing too. It has been known that she hero worshiped him before the crash, but I think when she returned to blogging after the crash, she knew had to continue talking about manly hero Mr. Nielson. The Clark family had anger towards Christian after the crash. IIRC part of it stemmed because of Christian's role as a student pilot in the crash and another Clark relative died in a small plane crash many years ago. I think it was Nie's mom who had always hated the idea of Christian taking private flying lessons.

Nie and Christian have pissed off people with their lawsuit against the city of St.Johns and the power company who put up the poles. The official crash report cited Christian, the instructor, and mechanical problems as the causes. Christian shouldn't be crucified for his role in the crash, but I still think their lawsuits are bullshit. Yes, NieNie will long term medical care, but I don't think St.Johns or the power company should be compensating her. I also remember hearing that the town they are suing has a heavy Mormon population. I wish Christian and Nie would at least own up more to his role in the crash. It also seems that the flight instructor's widow hasn't filed any types of lawsuits. I think the widow has accepted the crash for what it was and knows the Nielsons' lawsuit is stupid.

Court records about the lawsuit are online. A couple of posters at GOMI tried to interpret the legalese of the records and they said that the cases were advised to settle, but recently on GOMI someone said that the settlements didn't happen. It is hard to tell what is going on. NieNie mentioning a budget plan recently has lead to some speculation that the settlement didn't happen.

]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did one of her sisters not buy the house? Mortgage free. Must be nice.

Yup, Paige and her husband bought the house. Paige's husband is a CEO of a company.

If Nie has a post with 3 sentences, there will be 8 spelling errors and 3 grammatical ones. She pats herself on the back for having "put off her education" to have her kids, then proceeds to waterboard the English language daily. CJane's a little irritating, but she knows "there" from "they're".

A few months ago she and "Mr Nielson" were cleaning out her office and she took pics...there was a picture of a Baggie with some bills and change in it, with a note from a little girl she'd unearthed in the mess (the Baggie, not girl). Some fan girl out there let her daughter EMPTY HER PIGGIE BANK FOR THAT WOMAN AND SHE COULDN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO TAKE THE DAMN MONEY OUT OF THE BAGGIE. That was it for me. I guess if its not enough to buy a couple of those huge $40 bowls from Anthropologie she collects, it's just not worth it.

And when the Mister decided he had to learn to fly and they were joyriding around with his incompetent ass at the controls, they had zero life insurance. 4 kids, a hubbie who digs motorcycling and piloting...and no coverage. Now they continue their braintrust ways cruising on his bike, taking the kids boating sans life jackets (because hey, how could THAT go wrong), and making seat belts optional.

Cannot stand her. Utterly smug and complete ignorance wrapped up as "blessed".

If Nie has a post with 3 sentences, there will be 8 spelling errors and 3 grammatical ones. She pats herself on the back for having "put off her education" to have her kids, then proceeds to waterboard the English language daily. CJane's a little irritating, but she knows "there" from "they're".

A few months ago she and "Mr Nielson" were cleaning out her office and she took pics...there was a picture of a Baggie with some bills and change in it, with a note from a little girl she'd unearthed in the mess (the Baggie, not girl). Some fan girl out there let her daughter EMPTY HER PIGGIE BANK FOR THAT WOMAN AND SHE COULDN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO TAKE THE DAMN MONEY OUT OF THE BAGGIE. That was it for me. I guess if its not enough to buy a couple of those huge $40 bowls from Anthropologie she collects, it's just not worth it.

And when the Mister decided he had to learn to fly and they were joyriding around with his incompetent ass at the controls, they had zero life insurance. 4 kids, a hubbie who digs motorcycling and piloting...and no coverage. Now they continue their braintrust ways cruising on his bike, taking the kids boating sans life jackets (because hey, how could THAT go wrong), and making seat belts optional.

Cannot stand her. Utterly smug and complete ignorance wrapped up as "blessed".

NieNie's arrogant attitude towards safety in many situations has pissed me off. I also remember pics on the blogs of the kids not wearing helmets on ATVs or bikes. The one pre-crash incident that I read about that shocked me was when Nicholas at age 2 somehow managed to get out of the house and Nie didn't notice and a cop brought him home. NieNie said something about touching the cop's arm and that it wasn't a good idea. She also ignores some of her children's behavior. Her kids currently have a pet toad and she thought it cute when baby Lottle was strangling the toad. I mentioned the tackling incident with her son and that pissed me off. I get that her son wanted to defend her because a classmate said that she looked funny. But her being proud of the fact that her son tackled the classmate and wasn't seen by a teacher was awful. She doesn't realize that condoning her son's behavior might make things worse in the future if another classmate fights back.

GOMI is Get Off My Internets. Its a snark site/forum about blogs and bloggers.

Has something happened to it? I just googled it and when I try to access the site, I get errors.

Kind of off-topic, but I actually work as a RN on a Burn ICU. We get a *lot* of big burn survivors like NieNie -- victims of tragic accidents, etc. I don't think any of them really consider themselves heroes 'tho, even the ones who truly were heroes & saved other people from airplane crashes, house fires, car crashes...

I don't know if Nie considers herself a hero. I can see why her daughter might view her as a hero. But I think Nie should have at least told her daughter to stay on track with the topic of American heroes. Maybe years from now, Claire will realize that she shouldn't picked Nie for that project. I think Nie's kids don't realize that their mother isn't as well known as they think she is. Sure, their mom is well known around Provo and Utah.

I wasn't familiar with NieNie until coming here to FJ though I do remember hearing of the plane crash in the news. I didn't realize it was her until reading here a bit.

While I do have sympathy for what she had to endure after the crash and I can give her kudos for persevering and trying to reclaim her life, the stories surrounding her solicitation and use of donations post-crash turned me off on her as that wonderful Mommy blogger. I don't fault people trying to help but feel that she's taking advantage of good peoples' sympathy and being a Mormon she knows there's plenty of good folks in Mormon land who will go for it. I also got really ticked off at the lawsuit against the town and power company and feel that it is a complete money grab. I certainly hope that there wasn't a settlement for that reason. Yes, she will need ongoing medical care and money for that, but that doesn't stop her from spending on all kinds of toys and then continuing to relay on other people's money and questionable lawsuits to fund that.

As far as her husband's role in the crash, I wonder how much of her hero worship prevents her from truly acknowledging his role. When I read her version of the crash story, it came across to me as rationalizing his actions in a way that maintains her view of him. Though it may be fair to say that she had enough to deal with as it was, so that could be understandable.

A lot of things about Nie rub me the wrong way, but what really pissed me off was the part of her book in which she describes her reaction to hearing that a teenage burn victim in the hospital had died (this was while Nie was also in the burn unit). The girl's mother let out a wail of despair. Did Nie write about how awful it must have been for that woman and her family? Nope. She blathered on about how scared she was about her own situation. I understand she had every right to be scared given the condition she was in, but she couldn't spare a fucking fraction of an ounce of empathy for that family. Not even for show. Selfish seems to be her default setting.

I honestly think one of the only reasons her blog is so popular (despite the much-discussed poor writing) is that her family is photogenic. People are shallow and they like the pretty-pretties. I'm generalizing, of course.

Edited for fat fingers and clarity.

I wasn't familiar with NieNie until coming here to FJ though I do remember hearing of the plane crash in the news. I didn't realize it was her until reading here a bit.

While I do have sympathy for what she had to endure after the crash and I can give her kudos for persevering and trying to reclaim her life, the stories surrounding her solicitation and use of donations post-crash turned me off on her as that wonderful Mommy blogger. I don't fault people trying to help but feel that she's taking advantage of good peoples' sympathy and being a Mormon she knows there's plenty of good folks in Mormon land who will go for it. I also got really ticked off at the lawsuit against the town and power company and feel that it is a complete money grab. I certainly hope that there wasn't a settlement for that reason. Yes, she will need ongoing medical care and money for that, but that doesn't stop her from spending on all kinds of toys and then continuing to relay on other people's money and questionable lawsuits to fund that.

As far as her husband's role in the crash, I wonder how much of her hero worship prevents her from truly acknowledging his role. When I read her version of the crash story, it came across to me as rationalizing his actions in a way that maintains her view of him. Though it may be fair to say that she had enough to deal with as it was, so that could be understandable.

Some people on GOMI have the theory that lawsuit is basically a money grab so Nie and Christian can build a new house on the property they have. A couple of people on GOMI know where Nie lives and one of them said that the house is a bit small. They think NieNie and Christian want a bigger house to keep up with some of their relatives which I also think is possible.

If Nie and Christian do get a settlement, I hope they sock away some of that money for college funds for their kids at least. Knowing how proud Mormons they are, maybe they would sock away money in case one of their kids becomes a missionary. Nie has has mentioned how Christian was a missionary and how some of her siblings also served. I can see years from now bragging like that blogger Jenny Denton whose annoying son is serving a mission right now. Overall, I still think the lawsuits are bullshit and we know if they get a settlement some of that money will go to toys. NieNie has been talking about and postings pics of vintage Mustangs. I guess she is hoping for money grab to get one.

A lot of things about Nie rub me the wrong way, but what really pissed me off was the part of her book in which she describes her reaction to hearing that a teenage burn victim in the hospital had died (this was while Nie was also in the burn unit). The girl's mother let out a wail of despair. Did Nie write about how awful it must have been for that woman and her family? Nope. She blathered on about how scared she was about her own situation. I understand she had every right to be scared given the condition she was in, but she couldn't spare a fucking fraction of an ounce of empathy for that family. Not even for show. Selfish seems to be her default setting.

I honestly think one of the only reasons her blog is so popular (despite the much-discussed poor writing) is that her family is photogenic. People are shallow and they like the pretty-pretties. I'm generalizing, of course.

Edited for fat fingers and clarity.

I haven't read Nie's book, but that burn unit incident has been mentioned on GOMI several times. Nie even lacks empathy in regards to friends and relatives. One of her friend's husband died in a car accident and she blogged about it. Of course, she had to turn the entry to herself and talk about how she was glad she survived the plane crash. That irked me a bit. She should have paid tribute to her friend's husband and left her plane crash story out of it.

I agree her family is photogenic and they are always on the go with activities. But I kind of don't find them to be extremely attractive. I was kind of shocked when a couple of GOMI posters said that NieNie was very beautiful before the crash. I thought she was a bit average looking. Chrisitian has never been a good looking man. This might sound weird, but I think her CJane is very attractive and better looking that pre-crash NieNie. In one of Nie's pre crash entries, there was a pic at some family event and Nie labeled herself, Paige and Lucy as "the beautiful sisters" while CJane was also in the pic. I thought that was a bit messed up.

Archived