IGNORED

Another Ken Alexander guest post on Lori's blog

Ken "Unabomber look alike" Alexander did another guest post on Lori's blog in which he says that the purpose of marriage is to raise "godly offspring".

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/is-raising-godly-offspring-gods.html

Certainly marriage has a number of purposes including companionship, intimacy and to prevent lust and fornication, but nothing comes even a close second to the ultimate purpose of marriage than to create godly offspring. Where do Lori and I get this concept from? What verse exactly besides the clear verse of Malachi 2:15? I submit it is found from cover to cover of the Bible, and in hundreds of verses all strung together where God sets and achieves His purpose with creation.

I see in the scriptures the fundamental purpose of God as Making All Things New. There can be little doubt for the student of the scriptures that God had no interest in creating a world without humankind. Beyond this, that no matter how fun it would have been for God to have walked the garden each day with two perfect humans in Adam and Eve, the thought of God having just two children for eternity makes little sense when God can have millions or perhaps billions of children who are called by His name, the sons and daughters of God.

Imagine just for a moment that no offspring came forth from Adam and Eve and it becomes much easier to begin to feel that perhaps, just perhaps, the creation of a family of God IS at the very center of all that God is doing with His creation and why he commands “Be fruitful and multiply.” This command was not a command to fulfill man’s interest, but the design and purpose of God in creating His eternal family.

Honestly, I believe that is the official Catholic church's stance. We were in church several months ago, and the Deacon who I'm eh about was giving the sermon that day. Somehow he morphed into talking about, "And do you know what the number one purpose of marriage is?" and I snarkily whispered to my husband, "To have good children," and sure enough, it was something about procreating!

Honestly, I believe that is the official Catholic church's stance. We were in church several months ago, and the Deacon who I'm eh about was giving the sermon that day. Somehow he morphed into talking about, "And do you know what the number one purpose of marriage is?" and I snarkily whispered to my husband, "To have good children," and sure enough, it was something about procreating!

Hm. About 20 years ago, my priest told us that the primary goal of marriage was companionship--per Genesis--and that children were a secondary benefit. The Catholic Church is slipping ever more rightward.

Imagine it is the end of time and gathered around you is generation after generation of your family. Along the path comes Jesus who walks up to Grandpa and says,

"The Falk family... all 383 for grandma Ellen! Well done, all my good and faithful servants, enter into the joy of your master. The family of God is complete because of your faithfulness with Art to raise godly offspring."

For some reason, I can't quite see Jesus doing that. At least not the Jesus I grew up with.

You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me

EDIT: Hit submit before I was finished.

Hm. About 20 years ago, my priest told us that the primary goal of marriage was companionship--per Genesis--and that children were a secondary benefit. The Catholic Church is slipping ever more rightward.

Can your priest come talk to my deacon? He's a lay deacon (not sure what the exact term is, he's married and I guess since he's too old to be an altar boy any longer, he does this instead) and you know how there's that one family that is THE Catholic family where they take up the entire pew? That's his family.

Well, that's what the Bible says it's about. God didn't talk about children until Eve was already there. The reason that God created Eve was that it's not good for Man to be alone. You think they'd read their own book before they make up shit that can be easily checked.

Can your priest come talk to my deacon? He's a lay deacon (not sure what the exact term is, he's married and I guess since he's too old to be an altar boy any longer, he does this instead) and you know how there's that one family that is THE Catholic family where they take up the entire pew? That's his family.

In the Catholic Church deacons are clergymen. I believe they spend 2 to 3 years studying theology and they are ordained by bishops if they complete the process.

Ken "Unabomber look alike" Alexander did another guest post on Lori's blog in which he says that the purpose of marriage is to raise "godly offspring".

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/is-raising-godly-offspring-gods.html

Don't these people have about 3 kids? Did they decide that the whole fruitful thing was important after they were too old to have kids?

Don't these people have about 3 kids? Did they decide that the whole fruitful thing was important after they were too old to have kids?

They have 4 kids. Lori said she stopped having kids due to health problems. She was probably in her early 30s when her youngest kid was born. She occasionally does postings where she encourages others to have large families. But when it comes to her own kids, I don't see any of them having large families. Her married daughter will be 30 soon and doesn't have kids. Her married son is 27 or 28 and will be having his second child soon. I bet her kids will have 4 or 5 kids at most. I don't see them having 6 to double digit amounts of kids.

Where are my godly offspring? They need to take out the trash and clean their rooms.

:P

Like Lori is so hesitant to express her opinions that she has to have her headship speak for her.

Unless Ken thinks matters even vaguely related to theology can only be understood by men...

Riffles

Ken said once that they stopped having kids for "selfish" reasons, as well as Lori's health. Meaning, I am sure, "I'm going to go broke and crazy if she has any more!"

The Alexanders are allowed to feel this, but others are not.

Certainly marriage has a number of purposes including companionship, intimacy and to prevent lust and fornication, but nothing comes even a close second to the ultimate purpose of marriage than to create godly offspring. Where do Lori and I get this concept from? What verse exactly besides the clear verse of Malachi 2:15? I submit it is found from cover to cover of the Bible, and in hundreds of verses all strung together where God sets and achieves His purpose with creation.

I've never been able to comprehend the grammar, voices, etc of bible versions, so I looked up Malachi 2:15 at bible.cc/malachi/2-15.htm, which gives 12+ translations. It doesn't make much sense, still. I suppose if you knew God was one half of the conversation, eh?

My actual point: Ken claims there are hundreds of verses, he managed to cite the above and Genesis 9:7. I'm not buying it, especially since there are plenty about killing children. (Please don't make me research and cite the stories about the children teasing a bald man and God sends a bear to kill them, and sacrificing your own children, because God said to. Ew.)

Ken said once that they stopped having kids for "selfish" reasons, as well as Lori's health. Meaning, I am sure, "I'm going to go broke and crazy if she has any more!"

The Alexanders are allowed to feel this, but others are not.

I also think finances might have played a part in why they stopped. They live an expensive state. Their children were born in the 80s and it was a bit cheaper back then in California, but Ken had to known that having a bigger family would have put a strain on his income. Ken and Lori do enjoy traveling, eating out, and doing other expensive things. If they had more kids, I doubt they would be doing that stuff today. Lori said that one of her sons attended a Christian college and one of the daughters attended Biola for a year or two. Lori may preach for others to have big families, but I suspect that she and Ken are secretly satisfied with their family size.

Archived