• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Ralar

Westboro Equality House: Merged

Ralar

The Westboro Baptist Church is about to get a big surprise in the form of a new neighbor who plans to give the notoriously anti-gay group a taste of its own medicine.

Aaron Jackson, one of the founders of Planting Peace, a multi-pronged charity that has in the past concentrated on rainforest conservation, opening orphanages and deworming programs, bought a house that sits directly across from the church's compound six months ago. On Tuesday, March 19, he and a team of volunteers are painting it to match the gay pride flag.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/westboro-equality-house-aaron-jackson-rainbow_n_2906337.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009#slide=more286389

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

longskirtlotsakids

The Thinking Atheist, a radio show which puts its broadcasts on Youtube, has a wonderful interview with Nathan Phelps that lasts about an hour long.

debrand

I have though about signs that I'd like to post to reach the kids of Westboro.

"Your parents are wrong. The world is not evil and we do not hate you. Hate and fear does not have to be part of your life.When you are 18, you can leave."

Enraged
Loveday
The Westboro Baptist Church is about to get a big surprise in the form of a new neighbor who plans to give the notoriously anti-gay group a taste of its own medicine.

Aaron Jackson, one of the founders of Planting Peace, a multi-pronged charity that has in the past concentrated on rainforest conservation, opening orphanages and deworming programs, bought a house that sits directly across from the church's compound six months ago. On Tuesday, March 19, he and a team of volunteers are painting it to match the gay pride flag.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/westboro-equality-house-aaron-jackson-rainbow_n_2906337.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009#slide=more286389

I love this. I just hope they've made absolutely sure they're not going to be violating any city codes whatsoever in painting the house or anything else they do with the property. The Phelps clan is notorious for finding that one tiny little loophole and nailing people with it. :?

Patsy
I have though about signs that I'd like to post to reach the kids of Westboro.

"Your parents are wrong. The world is not evil and we do not hate you. Hate and fear does not have to be part of your life.When you are 18, you can leave."

I think this gets at the heart of how their hatred system works and I wish someone would do it. I think it might make a difference.

Alice_Fraggle

I love this. I just hope they've made absolutely sure they're not going to be violating any city codes whatsoever in painting the house or anything else they do with the property. The Phelps clan is notorious for finding that one tiny little loophole and nailing people with it. :?

I second everything you said. :geek:

LainieR

The guy from Moxy Fruvous has a radio show?! Good lord, I love Canada.

He often interviews a bunch of authors. ;)

Go look up his interview with Billy Bob Thorton on youtube. Classic Jian.