IGNORED

Bates Motel on A&E

lilwriter85

Dang! I forgot and could just kick myself. I have been seeing the promos and really wanted to check it out. The review in People wasn't very good, but I usually don't agree with their reviews anyway. I don't understand why it was set in present day, but if it's good enough I can overlook that. I actually stuck with Lost when the WTF-crazy-train was going full tilt boogie.

Dang! I forgot and could just kick myself. I have been seeing the promos and really wanted to check it out. The review in People wasn't very good, but I usually don't agree with their reviews anyway. I don't understand why it was set in present day, but if it's good enough I can overlook that. I actually stuck with Lost when the WTF-crazy-train was going full tilt boogie.

I didn't read the review in People. Other magazines like EW gave it a good review. I think the reason it is set in the present day is because of budgeting reasons. The show does pay homage to the original movie series by having Norma and Norman dress in vintage type clothing and their car seems to be from the 50s. The pilot will be airing tonight at 11 pm est, tomorrow night at 11 pm est and Saturday at 6 pm est.

• 1 year later...

I had to go back 6 pages to find this thread. Is no one watching this or did the thread just get buried and no one wanted to search for it or risk starting a new one?

I didn't watch the first season when it aired, but I did a binge watch on On Demand and now I'm watching the second season as it airs. I can't quite decide if I like it, but I keep watching, so I guess there's that.

I had to go back 6 pages to find this thread. Is no one watching this or did the thread just get buried and no one wanted to search for it or risk starting a new one?

I didn't watch the first season when it aired, but I did a binge watch on On Demand and now I'm watching the second season as it airs. I can't quite decide if I like it, but I keep watching, so I guess there's that.

I'm liking this season so far and I forgot about this thread.

The last couple episodes have moved me from the "watching out of obligation" category into really liking the show. I really like Vera Fermiga as an actress, so getting to see her every week is nice. I think the show is really starting to hit it's groove now. For the first time, I'm really excited about next week's episode.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one that, against all odds and reason, really wanted Norman not to be bad? lol I really kept hoping it was all Norma or some misunderstanding.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this show. Vera F. Is a brilliant actress, I think she nails it every single time down to the tiniest details. I know how it ends but I keep thinking there is hope for Norman and it doesn't have to end the way it does.

• 2 years later...

OK, I'm totes necro-ing this thread, since @AliceInFundyland recently posted something about this show in a status update.

Yes--Farmiga and Highmore are awesome actors, and this show just keeps getting better. We don't have cable, so have to wait for the new seasons to show up on Netflix, so I have only watched through the end of Season 3.

My favorite comic moment of Season 3 (in "The Last Supper"):

Norman and his mother are at the cell phone store where Norma is getting a replacement phone. Norman is whining about something (I can't remember what), and Norma cuts him off by saying:

"Stop it, Norman. You're acting like a twit. It's not attractive and it's not masculine."

On their way out of the store, Norman isn't moving quickly enough, so she tells him to hurry, and he replies:

"I'm following after you, *mother*, in a very *attractive* and *masculine* way."

:pb_lol::pb_lol:

Anyway, I am super anxious to see Season 4 (though I'm a cheap ass and won't break down and purchase the episodes until they're available on Netflix).

@EyeQueue, you will not be disappointed in Season 4.  It was terrific! Things are coming to a head. I can't wait until Season 5.

Just now, PennySycamore said:

@EyeQueue, you will not be disappointed in Season 4.  It was terrific! Things are coming to a head. I can't wait until Season 5.

I've just read some really exciting news about Season 5, so now I'm *really* anxious to get caught up! I may have to re-think my cheap ass ways. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

OK, I'm totes necro-ing this thread, since @AliceInFundyland recently posted something about this show in a status update.

Yes--Farmiga and Highmore are awesome actors, and this show just keeps getting better. We don't have cable, so have to wait for the new seasons to show up on Netflix, so I have only watched through the end of Season 3.

My favorite comic moment of Season 3 (in "The Last Supper"):

Norman and his mother are at the cell phone store where Norma is getting a replacement phone. Norman is whining about something (I can't remember what), and Norma cuts him off by saying:

"Stop it, Norman. You're acting like a twit. It's not attractive and it's not masculine."

On their way out of the store, Norman isn't moving quickly enough, so she tells him to hurry, and he replies:

"I'm following after you, *mother*, in a very *attractive* and *masculine* way."

:pb_lol::pb_lol:

Anyway, I am super anxious to see Season 4 (though I'm a cheap ass and won't break down and purchase the episodes until they're available on Netflix).

I don't have cable, either. I managed to keep up with S4 on Watchseries.

• 10 months later...

To revive an old thread:

Is anyone watching Season 5?  It's good with some unexpected turns.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:15 PM, PennySycamore said:

To revive an old thread:

Is anyone watching Season 5?  It's good with some unexpected turns.

Yep! It's so dark and wrenching, but Vera and Freddie are so incredible together, and though I dread where it's all headed (and have been since the beginning), I'm really enjoying it.

Archived