IGNORED

Kelly's house was hit again

Want More Babies

I remember the postings from Kelly during the storm back in the spring of 2011. I know many FJers felt bad for her because her son was only a month old at time. I also felt bad for Kelly and I recall a few FJers donated money to her. She really pissed people off when she said something about how didn't smell like homeless people and she later trashed FEMA.

I'm sure Kelly will give you plenty of fodder for Tornado 2013 blog. :shock: :shock:

We all have trials.

Some of us even share secret trials that no one else knows.

Some of you are struggling through the deepest sorrows like death, hurting marriages or terminal illness.

Sounds like Kelly has some not me me me time?

And our family has trials too, beyond this one of reliving the nightmare and losing part of our house after losing it such a short time ago.

But this trial is quite visible and surreal and I’m so thankful how trials make us search intently for the truth, because if we don’t, our minds take us to a dangerous place of faulty, human logic.

Of course some trials are the results of our making wrong choices.

Like home insurance? OH wait you were being all magnanimous about other's trials. Sorry I got all sarcastic :(

As humans, it’s normal to experience fear and anxiety and sorrow. In the big scheme of our present trial, losing a roof is a small thing. Insurance will pay for it, the Body of Christ has been there, just as before, to meet our every need, and we will move on.

But there are no words to describe the emotional trauma–the overwhelming terror of the whole thing as it played out–and continues to repeat in my mind in an unguarded moment, and I’m not sure yet, about all the implications of that for our family for the future. It is a nightmare I wish did not exist in my memory and for me, that’s the much bigger trial now.

Apologies again. Insurance? Good. It is a generally responsible thing. God is good. But he does not build roofs or mend broken boilers generally. No matter how many fishies on your car he does not fix dents either.

But as Christians, we can move from those things into joy and peace, knowing that God is doing something bigger than our circumstances.

He is not protecting you from bad weather. Nor me. Just a fact not a question of faith.

I do though not living with the threat that those who live with such extreme weather and the fear of such, have a total sympathy and a wee bit of admiration for those who live in such areas of the world. I was in a very minor earthquake in California on a visit once, VERY minor apparently. We have a few extreme days weather wise but it would be not an expected thing.

I think though that most people who do live with these conditions are aware of the danger and don't expect GOD to protect them. OR pay for them :P

Archived