IGNORED

Poetry

LilMissMetaphor

Write it?

Don't write but read?

I wrote poetry in high school (very angsty, natch) and university. I dabbled in most of the forms. I wrote a couple of sonnets (which were actually quite good for meter and scansion). I fancied myself Walt Whitman for a while. Favorite poem ever is Ulysses. I'm not much for modern poetry in general though I do love me a good Canadian poet like A.J.M Smith.

I love poetry and do occasionally write it (spoiler alert: it's terrible), but am much more suited to prose. A good book of poetry is always a treat, though - I am especially fond of Sylvia Plath. However, I'm also really into the Romantic period.

• 2 years later...

I have enjoyed reading poetry since I am 12 and I also started to occasionally write poems myself at that same age even though I haven't done that for many years.

I haven't met many people in my real life who enjoy reading poetry as much as I do. Actually I think I have never met anyone. I mostly read german poetry because that is my mother tongue. I have to say that I believe that the german language is suited better for poetry than the english language but the english language is much better suited for singing than the german language. (But I am going to look into A.J.M. Smith and Walt Whitman :)

I have come across some Sylvia Plath quotes at tumblr but I didn't like them because they gave me eerie and maybe also slightly twisted vibes.

I am not much into modern poetry either and I also like the romantic period.

Archived