IGNORED

IBPL dark secrets

tkr322

Ive heard of the horrible things that went on in there on a few other sites about cults and for survivors of cults.

It is absolutely disgusting how this was allowed to happen, especially to children as young as 10

Do you know when the article was written? I can't see a date on it. Are these investigations recent?

Do you know when the article was written? I can't see a date on it. Are these investigations recent?

The article says that Gothard is 66. So it was written about 12 years ago. He's 78 now (according to Wikipedia...)

The article says that Gothard is 66. So it was written about 12 years ago. He's 78 now (according to Wikipedia...)

I'm guessing they got away with it then...

This is the center here in Indianapolis. The TV station that did this story is really good about going undercover and exposing things. Too bad they won't go back and see if any changes have happened or if Gothard and his Minons have just tried to keep things quiet. Too bad I don't remember this series but, it was 12 years ago, and I've slept a lot since then.

Are they still taking kids out of the court system? I suspect not, and if only the children of koolaid drinkers are being sent there they aren't have any complaints.

Aren't we all glad that Hobby Lobby helped Gothard purchase that center in Indianapolis???

And, you can have government sending children without it being formal. A common plea bargain in juvenile cases is that the parents agree to send the children somewhere the court deems is acceptable. Faith based centers and "group homes" are nothing but privatized juvenile jails that evade regulation and still get children channeled from the courts into them.

It pisses me off beyond measure that courts in this country were sending kids to a fundamental "Christian" camp as their only alternative to jail. Basically, go to jail or become a Christian. F THAT. Now I want to know if IBLP is still being sent kids from the Juvie Courts. What separation of church and state?

And the fact the circuit judge required his employees to attend character building sessions there is dispicable.

Sort of off topic here, but the Juvenile Judge, James Payne, who was sending so many kids to the training center went on to run the Indiana Department of Child Services. However, he had to resign after he used his position as director to keep his grandchildren in his care (after they had been taken from his daughter) and misappropriating funds, etc. You can read more about his exploits here:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012092 ... ily-matter

The national media needs to jump on this. All that negativity will bring Gothard to his kness (if not to his grave) and his ministry would be disbanded. I wonder if the same can be said of Vision Forum and Doug Phillips the Tool?

I'm not completely sure, but I think the Indianapolis training center is shut down and sold now.

I wish some big media would make the connection between Gothard and the Duggars while showing how abusive and cult like ATI is.

They do some events here because a fundie family with a blog posted stuff last year and they were here in Indy at the center and hanging out on the Eastside of town eating at the DQ in Cumberland. I'm sure they don't realize the Eastside is sort of shady and can be dangerous- I did live on the Eastside and got out when it really started to go downhill. They must only use it for regional events- it's a lot cheaper to come to Indianapolis than other cities, especially if you live within driving distance. They have events scheduled for 2013.

iblp.org/seminars-conferences/regional-conferences

From the IBLP website (on the registration site)

*Please register as a family, with at least one parent in attendance.

*Final details will be posted on the ATI website 1-2 weeks before the conference.

*Please bring your smiles. Our photographers will be taking pictures of bright, smiling faces, which might appear in future IBLP promotional materials, products or slideshows.

GAG!

Thanks for sharing, tkr322 (is that right? :)). I don't know enough about Gothardism and their antics so this was a useful (if not depressing) read.

Aren't we all glad that Hobby Lobby helped Gothard purchase that center in Indianapolis???

And, you can have government sending children without it being formal. A common plea bargain in juvenile cases is that the parents agree to send the children somewhere the court deems is acceptable. Faith based centers and "group homes" are nothing but privatized juvenile jails that evade regulation and still get children channeled from the courts into them.

I had no idea hobby Lobby was in bed with Gothard. How did I miss that?! This makes me feel dirty; why did they have to have a 50%off sale the Saturday after Thanksgiving and why did I give them any of my money? Now I feel guilty :crying-yellow:

I once read an article about the Dallas training center and how creepy it was, but I can't find it now.

The most recent thing I could find was a blog entry in aug 2010 on "a litre of encouragement" called "final days at ITC" with a bunch of photos of various fundies. It must be closed now.

I had no idea hobby Lobby was in bed with Gothard. How did I miss that?! This makes me feel dirty; why did they have to have a 50%off sale the Saturday after Thanksgiving and why did I give them any of my money? Now I feel guilty :crying-yellow:

At the moment Hobby Lobby employees can get a free copy of one of Gothard's books via the lifepurposehealth site, the offer flashes up on the front page. I wonder how many have taken it up, given that there are several thousand employees.

I have no idea about Hobby Lobby and what they're like. I guess they haven't tried to take their business beyond the US. I'd never heard of them until FJ.

• 1 month later...

last word in the title is supposed to be scandal, maybe you already knew about it, i just read it last night, that's why i know what a 'prayer closet' is, it is bullshit & has nothing to do with 'prayer'

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s= ... =Printable

& i mean, what the heck is this thing, a school?? a juvie?? it just sounds so fucked up & weird it's hard to quantify....

if i am not allowed to post links yet, google 'indianapolis gothard' or something like that, it is a buncha part series of undercover reports on stuff that should never have been allowed.... wtf, wtf is wrong with these people????

i mean, ok; i am trying to understand how a parent could just hand over her kid to some dude. huh! just can't get there mentally.... just don't get it, don't see the appeal of this bullshit.... i dunno. :?:

because they are fooled By gothard. look at the duggers how suckered they are. you don't make 63 million by being a good person.

i.... dont wanna look at the duggars lol, never will, am delighted to say never have. did they make 63 mill from that show, holy shit!! lol that's stupid money!!! i gotta come up with a reality tv show!!!

... hmmmm... we live in an old house & have a lotta kids & a lotta guns. huh! haunted rescue! yeah!!! we shoot ghosts.. nah, fuck that. i'd need to hire maids to get the house tv ready.... and oh my stars! bullet holes in the walls?!???! huh! i'd kill someone & it prolly wouldn't be a 'ghost'!!!

Archived