IGNORED

Joseph Duggar at ALERT

roddma

No, ALERT is not journey to the heart. ALERT is more about discipline and hard work than about conditioning the heart to follow Christ.

Josh must have flunked out. He certainly did not attain discipline and a work ethic.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does ATI have against the Red Cross? Why are their disaster response teams not good enough for Joseph to join?

It seems wasteful & inefficient for ATI to set up their own disaster response infrastructure when such things already exist.

[Never mind the National Guard and Army Reserves. We know what fundies have against those]

What does ATI have against the Red Cross? Why are their disaster response teams not good enough for Joseph to join?

It seems wasteful & inefficient for ATI to set up their own disaster response infrastructure when such things already exist.

[Never mind the National Guard and Army Reserves. We know what fundies have against those]

Guessing... it was founded by an ebil heretic unitarian woman?

This video is from 2010 at an ATI conference. It looks like most of the howlers are wearing the ALERT cadet t shirt.

ETJjyBPx-vc

thealertstore.com/Cadet-Logo-T-Shirt

LOGO.jpg

This video is from 2010 at an ATI conference. It looks like most of the howlers are wearing the ALERT cadet t shirt.

thealertstore.com/Cadet-Logo-T-Shirt

LOGO.jpg

The eagle looks like it's about to tear up/poop on the bible.

What's the point of ALERT? To teach boys self-discipline? It sounds like a bunch of parents who want to give their boys the military experience but replace female CO's with fundie-Jesus. I don't see how any of this prepares boys to enter the "real world", not even the military.

Fundies often deride public schools for being an unnatural environment where people are segregated by age and skill levels (although I'd argue that's the easiest way to teach in a group). And yet, they think boys placed in a hyper-Jesus environment devoid of any females authority figures or non-fundies is good preparation for the real world? Forget the military, a males-only, fundies-only environment will not prepare you anything but working for ATI. Think of the cultural shock if any of these boys entered the military and had to salute a female officer? Or had to work with a gay soldier? Or a nonChristian? Hey, at least at my ebil public school, I got used to working with people different from me.

There are secular government versions of programs like this too. Except often the young people are paid a stipend instead of having to pay to go. They help out in different emergency and wilderness and environmental programs.

For really physical, hands-on type young people it can be a good experience - but this version seems particularly intense.

I don't think the Red Cross does some sort of in-depth emergency training program everywhere.

Archived