IGNORED

How Michelle keeps the kids busy on long plane trips.

Lillybee

The mother of the year is lying again. Jordyn reading? since when?

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-travel/how-michelle-duggar-keeps-her-kids-happy-while-traveling.html#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Megan, OMG. How the hell did the editor miss that?

My readers that are still learning team up with an older child to practice: Johannah, who’s 7 years old, teams up with Jennifer, who's a bit younger and still learning her phonics; and Jordan loves to read out loud to the little ones.

Wrong child altogether. My mom frequently ran through a list of both siblings and the pets when calling me. She never wrote it down wrong, best of all SPELLING IT WRONG. Either Michelle doesn't know her kids, or someone else who doesn't know her kids is writing her aricles.

ETA Jordyn is the second youngest Duggar, 12/18/2008. Unless they mean Mack and Mike as well, this is a FAIL.

Can anyone tell from the photo in the article if they are in first or business class?

I'm guessing business because of the leather-look upholstery. The little boys would be swimming in first-class seats, which IIRC are lots roomier than cabin or even business class. YMMV, my mileage in planes has been pretty minimal since I retired! :D :D

ETA JMHO the operative word in that article is "buddies." I doubt any of them see their biological mother between take-off and landing, but rely - as usual - on the sister-mom to keep them occupied, quiet, etc.

I also bet Jim & Michelle don't sit in front of any of their offspring -- no kicking the seats for them!!! :roll:

It might be coach, tbh. There are a handful of airlines that have leather seats in coach still, including some with headrests. Those chairs just don't look roomy enough to be business - those kids are skinny and still don't have elbow room. Plus business class is pretty small - fiveish rows of four chairs each. Imagine trying to get 20 seats on one plane in business? I'm betting that Boob and Mullet are in business and the kids are stuck in coach.

I think it's trying to say that Johannah reads to both Jennifer and Jordyn because she, Johannah, likes to read to the younger ones. It's a very poorly written sentence.

I really don't believe she writes these articles. There are just too many inconsistencies and mistakes in each one of them. Moms just don't spell their kids' names wrong. Grandmas and grandpas and aunts do, of course, but not moms.

What a worthless, stupid article.

How do you keep kids entertained on long trips? We read, the little ones color, and we pack snacks.

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.

:roll:

I think it's trying to say that Johannah reads to both Jennifer and Jordyn because she, Johannah, likes to read to the younger ones. It's a very poorly written sentence.

But the buddy system is a one-on-one thing, right? Johannah, it seems, is partnered with Jennifer.

If it were a mere misplaced semi-colon (ignoring the poor grammar), there wouldn't be a subject for the second part of the sentence. It would look like this:

"My readers that are still learning team up with an older child to practice: Johannah, who’s 7 years old, teams up with Jennifer, who's a bit younger and still learning her phonics, and Jordan; [missing subject] loves to read out loud to the little ones."

I suppose she could be going for "Johannah, who is 7 years old and loves to read out loud to the little ones, often teams up with Jennifer, who is still learning her phonics, and Jordyn." If that is the case, I truly pity those stuck in the SotDRT.

I guess the takeaway is that Michelle needs a new ghostwriter and parentables desperately needs a better copyeditor.

Do you think any of the Duggars would be allowed to watch any of the movies shown on flights? I guess not even the Disney ones would pass muster.

Do you think any of the Duggars would be allowed to watch any of the movies shown on flights? I guess not even the Disney ones would pass muster.

That must be a real challenge for them. Even without the headphones to hear the movies, it's pretty hard to miss seeing the things on that big screen. All of those immoral scenes right there, bigger than life. Of course I may be dating myself. Is it all just those personal seatback tvs now? I need to go on a real, noncar ride vacation...

I see one of the boys has headphones. Aren't they only allowed to listen to Christian gospel music or something? God, I would kill myself.

It's coach class, actually. Business class seats are slightly smaller than First Class seats. (I'm sure JimBoob and J'chelle were in business class, though)

If kid friendly movies are shown on the flights, I can see the Duggars being ok. I also recall that many R rated and PG-13 movies are edited for airlines.

It's coach class, actually. Business class seats are slightly smaller than First Class seats. (I'm sure JimBoob and J'chelle were in business class, though)

I hope that they treated Grandma to a business class seat. Flying in coach would be very hard for someone her age.

If you can't remember how to spell your children's names, you've had too many.

There are airlines that have leathery seating, and these seats look way too small to be anything other than economy, imo.

As for reading, there are four year olds who can read - at least falteringly. It's not that rare. My SIL taught herself to read at three by looking over my husband's shoulder while he was being taught (he continued to struggle for a few years, while SIL was good to go).

If you can't remember how to spell your children's names, you've had too many.

There are airlines that have leathery seating, and these seats look way too small to be anything other than economy, imo.

As for reading, there are four year olds who can read - at least falteringly. It's not that rare. My SIL taught herself to read at three by looking over my husband's shoulder while he was being taught (he continued to struggle for a few years, while SIL was good to go).

My 4 year old granddaughter can read. Her mom was a elementary ed major who now works in a library and dad is a fledgling writer so there's that. I sort of wanted to get her a chapter book for her birthday, but I wasn't sure what she would like. Harry Truman was supposed to have read through every book in the Independence, Missouri Library by the time he was 7 so maybe my granddaughter could handle something tough.

It's just plain stupid to say that Jordyn reads aloud to the younger kids. FFS, she is one of the youngest kids. She's at the age to read aloud to.

The one commenter on the Parentables site called Mullet out in both her comments. Good for her!

I just can see Mullet or anyone else taking time to teach the mostly ignored Jordyn how to read.

I just can see Mullet or anyone else taking time to teach the mostly ignored Jordyn how to read.

I dunno. I taught myself with no special intervention. It's possible that Jordyn did too?

I dunno. I taught myself with no special intervention. It's possible that Jordyn did too?

At 4? In the TTH? No.

They must have been referring to Hannie.

I think they make up this stuff to make them self sound good.

I bet their idea of "keep them busy" is a handful of Benadryl stuffed pickles :roll:

That must be a real challenge for them. Even without the headphones to hear the movies, it's pretty hard to miss seeing the things on that big screen. All of those immoral scenes right there, bigger than life. Of course I may be dating myself. Is it all just those personal seatback tvs now? I need to go on a real, noncar ride vacation...

Modern flights to Japan from the US usually have seat-back screens now (so each person can watch their own selection from the stuff offered by the airline). If you don't want to watch the movie, you don't have to. You might see a glimpse of your neighbor's screen but the angle really makes it hard to see anything unless you're looking right at it (that can be a pain when you're TRYING to watch your own screen's movie, for that matter).

Though as far as I know there's not a way to disable the screen, so maybe that's worse for the kids out of Mom's reach? :lol:

Even coach seats are quite pricey for a trip like that though. Without TLC there is no way in the world all the Duggars would be flying to Asia in a million years.

Archived