IGNORED

Fundie marriage/baby timelines

teachergirl

I was thinking about all of our favorite couples and how quickly they seem to get pregnant. There are however those who have ( IMHO) adequate spacing between their children. Whether this is on purpose or not, I have to wonder if someone like the Turleys look at the Peter Bradricks at envy or a sense of relief.

What do you all think?

Couples with little to no spacing

Peter and Kelly Bradrick: married 2006, 5 kids

Blair and Taylor Tsanltes: married 2010, 2 kids

Monica and David Brown: married 2010, 2 kids

Lise and Cleve Morton: married 2011, 1

Bethany and Danny Lane, married 2011, 1 and 1 on the way

Prentiss and her hubby, same as the Mortons

Katie and Alan Smith: 6 in 6 years

Ben and Tiffany Hector: married 2010, 2 kids

Tait and Lauren Zimmerman: 4 kids in 5 years

Raising Olives: 11 kids in 15 years

Priscilla and David Waller married 2012, just had baby

Spacing: Valerie and Adam Waller: married 2012; just announced pregnancy

Justin and Melissa Turley: married 2008, 2 kids

Rebecca and Steven Loomis: married 2009 1 and maybe one on the way

Anna and Christopher Maxwell, married 2010, 1 child

Audri and Ben Botkin: married 2010, 1 child

Nadia and David Botkin: married 2011, 1 child

Have I missed any?

How about Nathan and Melanie Maxwell, with the late Suzannah, and then Abigail, Bethany, and Christina?

Jacinda at Growing Home just had her third and they have been married four years. She had a miscarriage in there too. Also Kim at Life in a Shoe. Eleven kids (plus a stillbirth) in, what? I am not even sure how long they have been married but the eldest is less than 20 I think

And how can we forget Kristina? I am pretty sure she had three under the age of 1, or maybe 14 months, and is now well into her pregnancy with her fourth. Married mid-2009

Thanks!

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk: 4 in 4 years

Josh and Anna: 3 kids in 5 years ( come September)

Josh and Lisa Wilkes: married 2011, one child

Kressant Morton has 5 kids, married 6ish years.

Rachel Morton has 3, one late term loss, and one on the way in about 5 years.

On the other hand, Dorothy Sanders has 1 in over 2 1/2 years, with maybe 1 more on the way.

Steve and Zsuzsanna Anderson. Married 2001, 7 kids. And they actually seem to space better through attachment parenting and lactation than most QF couples.

I don't think the Popes are fundie but have been discussed here. I read on her blog earlier this week they are finished after2, both premature.

Why are the Mortons and Prentiss under no spacing, with 1 kid since 2011, while Valerie and Adam Waller are under spacing with a pregnancy and a 2012 marriage, as are Nadia and David Botkin with 1 since 2011?

I'm not familiar with these families, so maybe I'm missing something (early vs late in the year? known miscarriages?), but it's hard to say if there is spacing when they've only been married a short time.

I don't think the Popes are fundie but have been discussed here. I read on her blog earlier this week they are finished after2, both premature.

I think they've been discussed here because they were shown on 19KaC when the Duggars had Josie, not due to any perceived fundie-dom.

I put them there as getting pregnant IMMEDIATELY after saying the vows. I agree with you that we dont know specifics but I guess I was looking at some time before/between children.

Another example: Katie and Phillip Bradrick: married 2008, 2 kids. Although we dont know the reasons, they are not 5 kids in six like his brother.

Bethany and Dan Beasley; married 2009, one child. Same thing.

I guess I would love to know how they REALLY think after they have a few. Can they think for themselves and stand up to their ideology? Do they feel a sense of relief when they aren't pregnant? I know the women are supposed to always be joyful about another "blessing". Do the men feel relief as well knowing there isnt another mouth to feed yet?

All just questions I wish we knew the answers too.

I put them there as getting pregnant IMMEDIATELY after saying the vows. I agree with you that we dont know specifics but I guess I was looking at some time before/between children.

Another example: Katie and Phillip Bradrick: married 2008, 2 kids. Although we dont know the reasons, they are not 5 kids in six like his brother.

Bethany and Dan Beasley; married 2009, one child. Same thing.

I guess I would love to know how they REALLY think after they have a few. Can they think for themselves and stand up to their ideology? Do they feel a sense of relief when they aren't pregnant? I know the women are supposed to always be joyful about another "blessing". Do the men feel relief as well knowing there isnt another mouth to feed yet?

All just questions I wish we knew the answers too.

Bethany had a miscarriage in 2010.

Thanks!

Sweet Tea and Buttermilk: 4 in 4 years

Josh and Anna: 3 kids in 5 years ( come September)

Josh and Lisa Wilkes: married 2011, one child

I believe Sweet Tea and Buttermilk had a miscarriage before her 1st son was born.

I believe Sweet Tea and Buttermilk had a miscarriage before her 1st son was born.

I think u r right! But 4 kids in 4 years, I wonder how bad her insides r. Her body barely had time to recover & she pregnant again.

What about our Emily, doesn't she have five boys under 7. I am pretty sure she added two after she closed her blog.

Rebecca and Steven Loomis: married 2009 1 and maybe one on the way

Have I missed any?

They had a miscarriage in 2010, about 5-6 months after their wedding. I doubt they're spacing their children out on purpose, unless maybe they needed to wait for a while after the miscarriage. OTOH, I think she's well into her 30s, so even if they wanted "only" 3-4 kids, they might not feel like there's much time to space them out.

Archived