IGNORED

Intervention to get J'Uterus Preggers?

Mela99

they could claim immaculate conception, except i think god has more sense than that!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see her doing IVF or donor eggs (which I would think would be needed).

I can, however, see her attempting to go the embryo "adoption" route through an organization like "Snowflakes".

They didn't say. They defended their approach as helping the child to come to being.

When did she say this? I didn't know that

I could see them trying IVF, but I doubt it will work. I think that her uterus is just worn out.

Is there any actual evidence that a uterus gets 'worn out' by having babies? It seems to me like pregnancy is a normal uterine function. Do stomachs get 'worn out' by eating?

Is there any actual evidence that a uterus gets 'worn out' by having babies? It seems to me like pregnancy is a normal uterine function. Do stomachs get 'worn out' by eating?

If I'm wrong I will gladly let one of the medical people here correct me, but from what I understand women who have had more children are more prone to problems like postpartum bleeding, which may be because the uterus does get worn out a bit. Plus, she's had several c-sections which will cause scar tissue and that can make it harder to implant or carry another child. I believe our stomachs have a different musculature and aren't under as much stress as a uterus goes through.

I honestly think she will nto have any more kids herself, but I would not put adoption past them. Of course Michelle is addicted to pregnancy (AKA attention) not really to the kids, but I could see them using an adoption story line to keep their show on the air.

I think the number of previous c-section scars would be the issue as far as being worn out. If I remember what little I've read on the subject correctly, the uterus can become very thin in the areas with the scars. More thinning increases the risk of rupture, which is incredibly dangerous for mother and baby.

As for adoption, I don't know how they would pull it off. Unlikely that the state would allow a placement because they'd want to see that the child would get plenty of parent attention. the number of kids plus age would likely rule them out for a lot of international adoptions. Private domestic.... they might be able to find an attorney who would work with them, but can you imagine how long it would take to find an expectant mother who wanted to place her child as the youngest of 20 and the only adoptee?

When we were looking into private adoption, we were told that the agency very rarely has expectant mothers who want their child placed in a large family. If they do, it's usually someone who grew up in large family herself and wants her child to have siblings. Seems unlikely to find someone from that size family, though!

If I'm wrong I will gladly let one of the medical people here correct me, but from what I understand women who have had more children are more prone to problems like postpartum bleeding, which may be because the uterus does get worn out a bit. Plus, she's had several c-sections which will cause scar tissue and that can make it harder to implant or carry another child. I believe our stomachs have a different musculature and aren't under as much stress as a uterus goes through.

From my non-medical understanding, in addition to the c-section scars the placenta scars the uterus where it is attached so that further placentas can't attach in that same location (I'm not finding the citation for this at the moment, sorry)

I vote for J'chelle taking a page from Dede's book and going the miracle pregnancy (!!eleventy!!) route. Just think of all the marketing, I mean ministering, opportunities and media appearances Jim Bob could generate from this. :roll:

When did she say this? I didn't know that

Gil gave quite a long explanation about doing everything possible to keep a fetus alive once conception had occured. He still drew the line at helping (or preventing) conception. I have never heard Kelly say anything that contradicted this. Does anyone actual have evidence of her using something to get pregnant?

I could see her using meds but not any type of assisted procedures.

I remember reading the book the McCaughey's wrote (the ones who had septuplets), and the farthest of their extent was using Clomid and other ovarian stimulating drugs because they were just "putting the body's natural hormones back in that her body didn't produce on its own." Similar to what the Bates do with progesterone.

And I apologize, but I have to nit-pick - and only because I've been there/done that. Embryos from IVF aren't implanted - they are transferred to the uterus. The embryo has to attach itself to the uterine wall on its own. I personally know couples who have done IVF and have had multiple failed cycles, and their families can't understand how it didn't work - once the embryo is transferred to the uterus, it is still up to nature/God/divine intervention/whatever ever as to what happens to it from there.

Gil gave quite a long explanation about doing everything possible to keep a fetus alive once conception had occured. He still drew the line at helping (or preventing) conception. I have never heard Kelly say anything that contradicted this. Does anyone actual have evidence of her using something to get pregnant?

I couldn't find the article or video about the it. But Kelley used progesterone to keep the pregnancy going. It is really not an uncommon problem. I had several miscarriages due to low progesterone and I had to use it with my last pregnancy. The hormone is not covered by insurance and is quite expensive and it has to be used past the first trimester. It is a suppository that has to be used twice a day.

Also, there is the issue non-used fertilized donor eggs. How do the Duggars deal with the left-over tiny blessings?

What a silly question. They'll use the "left-over tiny blessings" for J'Chelle's subsequent pregnancies. :roll:

they could claim immaculate conception, except i think god has more sense than that!

Have you forgotten about Dede? Oh wait! Her stillgay husband xgaygreg impregnated her. :roll:

SoybeanQueen

As for adoption, I don't know how they would pull it off. Unlikely that the state would allow a placement because they'd want to see that the child would get plenty of parent attention. the number of kids plus age would likely rule them out for a lot of international adoptions. Private domestic.... they might be able to find an attorney who would work with them, but can you imagine how long it would take to find an expectant mother who wanted to place her child as the youngest of 20 and the only adoptee?

Perhaps a young fundie who finds herself unmarried, in a family way, and thinks her child would be blessed to be raised by the Duggars? I realize there's still a 'sin of the parents' problem but I can imagine them being willing to take the child if its background (aside from being made to exist) was otherwise OK.

My grandma had a hysterectomy due to prolapsed uterus a few years back. She had eight pregnancies, no twins, and only her last was a cesarean.

My Grandma explained this as, "my uterus fell out of my vagina!" Although I'm pretty sure that's not, the technical description. She's always said it was because of all her pregnancies.

Perhaps a young fundie who finds herself unmarried, in a family way, and thinks her child would be blessed to be raised by the Duggars? I realize there's still a 'sin of the parents' problem but I can imagine them being willing to take the child if its background (aside from being made to exist) was otherwise OK.

Don't let the leghumpers know that. I bet they'd get knocked up for the solejoy of having their kid be a Duggar

My grandma had a hysterectomy due to prolapsed uterus a few years back. She had eight pregnancies, no twins, and only her last was a cesarean.

My Grandma explained this as, "my uterus fell out of my vagina!" Although I'm pretty sure that's not, the technical description. She's always said it was because of all her pregnancies.

:o :shock:

I am never uncrossing my legs ever again.

Don't let the leghumpers know that. I bet they'd get knocked up for the solejoy of having their kid be a Duggar

That and a lot of fundies adopt from Liberia, which has on of the sketchiest international adoption programs out there.

I dont think a regular domestic infant adoption would work, because yeah, most peopel wouldn't be super stoked for their child to be #20 and filmed. But I agree that a leghumper that chooses adoption might be a possibility for them as well.

*sinks under the cover with legs twisted like grape vine*

I'm sorry, but I have to get a few thoughts out there.

1. They are quoted as "trying" for another child. I think it's squicky when people I know say this, let alone strangers on tv. The very phrase is referencing your sex life, which, call me a prude because it's 2013, but isn't that something that shouldn't be shared with the world?? I understand when you have "real" fertility problems (not after 21 pregnancies, 19 living children, and you're 46) and you mention your situation to a few close friends or family members, but how does this fit their modesty profile?? Yes, sex is natural, but I don't need to hear about it.

2. Let it go, already. Yes, women have had children in their late 40s, but often only with medical intervention and lots of money. That doesn't sound like you're leaving it in God's hands. Well, unless you hypercritically now say that God has provided the doctors to help you conceive. Remember how at first, they only credited "God" but not the doctors and nurses who (in my opinion) called these men and women to spend years in school to work in healthcare, and save and care for you and your sick baby??

3. Aside from all of the above, who wants to be 60 and have a 13 or 14 year old kid? I get it, the daughters would be raising them, so she probably doesn't care, but I know several people who were born to older parents and lost them while they were still teenagers. Sure, you don't want to outlive your children, but give them a fighting chance to have parents alive and in their lives at least until they're old enough to be out on their own (or of the legal age which is anywhere from 16-18 in the U.S.).

4. Really, "Today Show"??? Who the f*ck cares the the oldest son of a family with 19 living children knocked up his young-20-something wife. That's what happens to young adults - they make kids pretty easily. Millions of families have 3 kids, many of them born to younger couples (especially in more rural areas where people tend to get married a bit younger). You are nothing special. Please, NBC, stop giving them a stage.

Phew, had to get that out. Thanks.

What a silly question. They'll use the "left-over tiny blessings" for J'Chelle's subsequent pregnancies. :roll:

Well, if they did embryo adoption , they could use up someone else's "leftover blessings"

Well, if they did embryo adoption , they could use up someone else's "leftover blessings"

But they'd have almost no chance of carrying to term! Which family, even fundie family, would agree to that?

ANother perk of international adoption? Children are usually older - at least no longer infants - so J'Uterus can hand them off to a buddy the second they get home!

Archived