IGNORED

Intervention to get J'Uterus Preggers?

Mela99

Curious to know -- where would J'Uterus draw the line in "trying" to get pregnant? Would she try natural methods - I know there is an herbalist school of thought where you can influence with diet and vitamins. Or would she try genuine medical intervention? If some crazy doc was willing to implant Octomom, chances are there is someone willing to do to her. Unless it would be a sin for Boob to "obtain" his semen. :?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medical interventions would go against their belief system but I wouldn't put it past them to use "natural remedies" if they felt "called to it" by God.

I'm still surprised her uterus hasn't fallen out yet...

I have a relative who is big on natural therapies including herbs and stones. Give it time until they practice healing stones.

No type of intervention is going to change the fact that Michelle's eggs are very elderly. At 46 she has less than a 1% chance of getting pregnant on her own. She could find a disreputable fertility doctor who would be willing to implant donor eggs using Boob's sperm (do wifely hand jobs meet with the approval of Gothard?), but given the condition of her uterus, the odds of that working out are very slim.

She can pine away as much as she likes, but Josie is going to be her last ever buddy.

I think she still might try Clomid and/or Progesterone to try. They are both very easy to get.

I think "trying" will be limited to timing intercourse. I think other forms of "trying" would strike them slightly as cheating, and would without a doubt be unethical to any medical personnel involved. I could see them using progesterone, as that helps to prevent miscarriages, and also because Kelly Bates does. I definitely don't see them using Clomid - primarily because what Clomid helps (non ovulation) probably isn't their problem (age of released eggs, nasty used-up uterus).

I think "trying" will be limited to timing intercourse. I think other forms of "trying" would strike them slightly as cheating, and would without a doubt be unethical to any medical personnel involved. I could see them using progesterone, as that helps to prevent miscarriages, and also because Kelly Bates does. I definitely don't see them using Clomid - primarily because what Clomid helps (non ovulation) probably isn't their problem (age of released eggs, nasty used-up uterus).

But Clomid can increase the number of eggs released and that plus Progesterone could be helpful for her. I don't think Michelle is ruling out anything, including IVF. Its not like anyone if the IFV office or any RE office could say anything. And let's be realistic. Octomom found a RE doctor to help her. Michele could find someone.

But Clomid can increase the number of eggs released and that plus Progesterone could be helpful for her. I don't think Michelle is ruling out anything, including IVF. Its not like anyone if the IFV office or any RE office could say anything. And let's be realistic. Octomom found a RE doctor to help her. Michele could find someone.

The issue is also the quality of the eggs, not just the quantity. She'd probably have to use donor eggs. She could find a facility to do it, but given the state of her uterus, she may not be able to carry one baby to term, never mind multiples. She's not going to do selective reduction in the case of multiples, so that would further complicate matters by making it less likely for her to carry to term.

Also, there is the issue non-used fertilized donor eggs. How do the Duggars deal with the left-over tiny blessings?

I think it's all too much for them to consider.

Based on a reply she gave to someone who asked her about IV, I would say that she may be thinking about it. She was so ambiguous with her answer. She said she could not give advice because she was not in that position. It may be her way out for getting intervention.

I could see them trying IVF, but I doubt it will work. I think that her uterus is just worn out.

I've always wondered how fundies draw the line regarding medical interventions. Without extensive intervention, Josie would not be alive. But reproductive assistance is frowned on. I suppose the two can't be fairly compared, though. Thoughts?

Also, there is the issue non-used fertilized donor eggs. How do the Duggars deal with the left-over tiny blessings?

Non used? This is Michelle we are talking about. She will want to use them all. Like the eggs in her ovaries.

I dont know whether Michelles eggs are that good because shes getting towards menopause and has probably nearly used them all up on having babies, so I think her best chances would be with a donor. I cant see that happening because of Gothard-hes against adoption because the sins of the parents can pass down to the child, so she might have a sinful baby through it.

Even if she does manage to get pregnant, her uterus is so worn out that it would be very unlikely for her to even carry a fetus to viability.

I have joked about her stealing other peoples babies from the hospital or going after the M'Baby, or threatening rebellious Jslaves with talk of uterus transplants, but I think its over. The baby factory has dried up and her shrivelled and abused uterus can rest in peace now. Off to a life of carrying round a reborn and calling it Josie or becoming a crazy cat lady and denial that Jayden, Julie, Jade and Jacob are actually cats.

Based on a reply she gave to someone who asked her about IV, I would say that she may be thinking about it. She was so ambiguous with her answer. She said she could not give advice because she was not in that position. It may be her way out for getting intervention.

Mullet is definitely baby-addicted enough to be a total hypocrite and use IVF, but her responses to questions about it are probably a result of TLC handling. Pissing on parents with fertility issues would be frowned upon even more than the standard racist, sexist, homophobic fundie party lines that TLC works to squelch.

Well every fertility drug mimics "natural" hormones in some way so I can see J'chelle seizing on this "naturalness" to help her get pregnant - after all Kelly Bates had no problems with progesterone. If she is motivated enough - she find some way to justify whatever she wants to do.

There is no way they would use IVF. IVF leaves "orphan" embryos because you can only implant a few at a time. For Michelle's condition, I am convinced that a doctor would only implant one at a time, because having another multiple pregnancy would certainly kill the babies and maybe kill Michelle. They would never leave some of their embryos unimplanted, because they think those are their actual children waiting to be born. And I'm pretty sure Gothard would severely frown on surrogacy. I just think those issues alone would rule out IVF. And it's almost the same with IUI. Definite more chance of multiple pregnancies, which she just couldn't handle.

I think don't think they disapprove of the science behind it, there's just too much that could go wrong at this point. I think as crazy as she is, Michelle has no death wish. I think it's simply too dangerous for her at her age/ condition. I think the only way we'll see another J'baby is if Michelle's own ovaries betray her and offer up another blessing for the picking.

Curious to know -- where would J'Uterus draw the line in "trying" to get pregnant? Would she try natural methods - I know there is an herbalist school of thought where you can influence with diet and vitamins. Or would she try genuine medical intervention? If some crazy doc was willing to implant Octomom, chances are there is someone willing to do to her. Unless it would be a sin for Boob to "obtain" his semen. :?

The Bates have used medical intervention to get pregnant. Their last son was a result in a birth, but it did not help with the child after that. It is possible that if michelle is adament on having a child then Jim will do all he can to make it happen. They could just adopt.

The Bates have used medical intervention to get pregnant. Their last son was a result in a birth, but it did not help with the child after that. It is possible that if michelle is adament on having a child then Jim will do all he can to make it happen. They could just adopt.

I know she used something to stay pregnant. What did she use to get pregnant?

Adoption in Gothard's circles is a big no-no.

I know she used something to stay pregnant. What did she use to get pregnant?

They didn't say. They defended their approach as helping the child to come to being.

Adoption in Gothard's circles is a big no-no.

Not just that, but it's highly unlikely they would be considered for adoption. Agencies want to send kids where they're going to get the stability and attention they need. Aging parents and nineteen siblings definitely brings that into question.

If she hadn't already had so many prenancies I'd think there would be a chance of her pulling it off again -- one of my great-grandmothers had a great-uncle of mine at 46-ish but said great-uncle was her sixth (and last) child, not her twentieth. And no I don't know about any miscarriages she might have had but I know he was a good ten years younger than the rest of his siblings so he was certainly a surprise. I should ask my maternal grandma, one of his older sisters, about how that went down but I know that she was already out of the house, teaching school, by the time he came along. Sadly I can't ask him as he's now gone; he was a well-known journalist in Hawaii, and quite the party animal from what I know, and said great-grandma died in 1984 so I can't ask her. (Hijack: if only I had had the courage to ask my other maternal g-grandmother about why she only had one kid...we don't know, but we do know she never wanted kids and was unhappy when she had the one...oh, if I had a time machine! I'd like to know how she had only one, if nothing else! But trust me when I say we were all too scared to, she was a force of nature, and lived to be 102. My mother says I remind her of Grandmother. There is no higher compliment!)

Michelle can keep dreaming, but I think that's all she'd be doing. But she's certainly not going to say anything else, even if she is told straight-out that no more are coming. I only hope for the sake of her own health that her body is DONE. And I hope she doesn't do anything dramatic once she realizes that the production line is permanently shut down. I consider my great-grandmother, and my great-uncle, to both have been very lucky to have done as well as they both did considering how old she was when he showed up.

I just had a horrible thought.

What if one of the J-slaves is "called" to carry a child for her parents? It's probably a stretch, but if they don't want to let these kids go and the purpose of women is to fill up quivers... The older ones are certainly not getting any younger.

I think if she manages to get pregnant again she will start injecting herself with progesterone.

Its ridiculous that fundies will use progesterone, but are against using a synthetic form (progestin) of it to prevent ovulation.

I just had a horrible thought.

What if one of the J-slaves is "called" to carry a child for her parents? It's probably a stretch, but if they don't want to let these kids go and the purpose of women is to fill up quivers... The older ones are certainly not getting any younger.

I can't see them allowing a doctor to violate their virgin daughters. It would pretty much make them pariahs in their circle.

Archived