IGNORED

J'chelle wants more!!! What a shocker!

theCR

Not surprised she's on record saying she still wants to go for #20, but I wonder if she knows down deep she's not going to succeed. I agree that all these sudden Duggar articles and their travel all over the place is an attempt to prop up the show, including throwing out something about baby no. 20. Things must not be going well for the show.

Yes, some of the little girls have toddler beds now (as seen on a recent episode). They have a bunk bed in the girls' room with the bottom bunk removed and two or three toddler beds sideways in the space where the bottom bunk would be. The side of the bunk bed is against the wall and the headboards of the toddler beds are against the same wall, if that makes sense. It looks like some of the little girls are sharing beds too. It's not a great setup, but it beats sleeping in a pack-n-play.

They'll have to come up with a better solution once the girls get older. It would be nice if the older girls were allowed to pursue a future and move out.

That actually sounds like an ok setup, as long as the little girls are short enough for the toddler beds....Hannie on the top bunk, Jennie, Jordan, and Josie on the little beds. I do have doubts if Jennie can fit on a toddler bed now, she's 5.

J'chelle said:

It's no news for us, but here she finally publicly admits that they are not leaving it up to God. What a bunch of hypocrites :roll:

Precisely.

They are not just enjoying each other as a married couple but they are "trying". That is not leaving it up to god.

I wonder if she still tracks her period. It can't really be that regular if she is going through menopause. :?

"she still yearns to have a 20th child."

No.

She still yearns to have a 20th BABY.

She doesn't want children. She wants babies.

Michelle, who tragically miscarried their daughter Jubilee in 2011, said that she thinks her age may be a factor.

No shit, Sherlock...

I imagine there will plenty of room in the dorms when all the boys leave to get married and the live in cooks/housekeepers are shuttled around to serve as unpaid midwives/nannies to their bothers' kids.

I doubt that J'chelle is very happy for Anna. She probably gives Anna the stink eye as soon as her back is turned. How dare she have another baby when J'chelle can't have another one! It's just not fair!

I doubt that J'chelle is very happy for Anna. She probably gives Anna the stink eye as soon as her back is turned. How dare she have another baby when J'chelle can't have another one! It's just not fair!

I'm sure she's sad that she isn't having any more, but Anna's kids are her grandkids. I'm sure she's happy about that. While she's always been in a blessings race with Kelly Bates, I really haven't seen the signs that Michelle is particularly jealous of other mothers. She's always been open about wanting more, but I think that she genuinely thinks that every pregnancy is exciting, not just hers.

I think she's wrong and abusive in other ways, but I don't see any stink eyes coming off her towards pregnant women. She reserves that for her daughters who talk out of turn.

I'm sure she's sad that she isn't having any more, but Anna's kids are her grandkids. I'm sure she's happy about that. While she's always been in a blessings race with Kelly Bates, I really haven't seen the signs that Michelle is particularly jealous of other mothers. She's always been open about wanting more, but I think that she genuinely thinks that every pregnancy is exciting, not just hers.

I think she's wrong and abusive in other ways, but I don't see any stink eyes coming off her towards pregnant women. She reserves that for her daughters who talk out of turn.

Especially if they talk about moving to New York or other city larger than Washington DC.

Not surprised she's on record saying she still wants to go for #20, but I wonder if she knows down deep she's not going to succeed. I agree that all these sudden Duggar articles and their travel all over the place is an attempt to prop up the show, including throwing out something about baby no. 20. Things must not be going well for the show.

I agree, I don't think things are going well for the show. I think it's apparent to many that Michelle will never have a live child again and America has seen how they live daily with such a large family - it's no longer a draw. So instead, they show how they travel extensively as such a large family.

I honestly don't see the show lasting much longer.

I don't understand the point of the show to be honest. Setting them up with some situation like world travel isn't real so what does anyone get out of it? I said the same thing about JonandKate...the original story was interesting, the annual updates were entertaining, the "we are no longer real we are now a tv show" is pointless.

I agree, I don't think things are going well for the show. I think it's apparent to many that Michelle will never have a live child again and America has seen how they live daily with such a large family - it's no longer a draw. So instead, they show how they travel extensively as such a large family.

I honestly don't see the show lasting much longer.

vviii, not to get OT just noticed you made a first post. Welcome!

This has nothing to do with the baby itself. Women in Quiverfull become utterly valueless once they can no longer get pregnant. Michelle likes the attention and praise of being a high producing Quiverfull mother and wants to stay relevant. She is now being shoved aside in favor of the younger, still producing, quiverfull moms and she does not like it.

This is, of course, why you don't place all your personal value on a quality that fades with time, like beauty, athletic prowess or reproduction. There is absolutely no difference between Michelle and a 40 year old beauty queen who's just figured out she's 5 years past expiration.

I find the idea of having grandchildren older than some of your children bloody weird. Particularly when it's done intentionally.

Might be just me, though.

It happens. My FIL was born an uncle.

If someone was a teen mom, and then got married to the love of her life in her late 30s, should she base her decision on whether or not to have another child on whether the first child had procreated?

My youngest aunt is the same age as my oldest cousin. My grandmother was Catholic and was pregnant at least 13 times. She bore 12 children.

I can see the damage having 12 children first hand in my mother, aunts and uncles. The damage caused to the younger children when their sister-mother left for marriage or college. The children were devistated. My youngest aunt, who is just 11 years older than I, told me that when she was a baby she did not know who her mother was because she had so many caregivers. Quite a few of my younger aunts and uncles were like lost children, some for most of their life. One if my aunts married a man who did unforgivable things to her. I attribute it to not getting all the love and care she needed as a child. By the time the youngest children came along even my grandfather was emotionally neglectful because of the breakdown in the marriage.

I do love my family. There are a lot of wonderful people and there is a lot of love.

I thought that she already had 20 21 children? Remember in that ridiculous recorded message she said that "anytime someone asks, she will tell them 20 21", including Jubilee and J'Caleb??

If she wants to see her grandchildren grow up, she shouldn't put her health at risk AGAIN by having another child. That should be a no brainer to anyone, fundie or not!

My youngest aunt is the same age as my oldest cousin. My grandmother was Catholic and was pregnant at least 13 times. She bore 12 children.

I can see the damage having 12 children first hand in my mother, aunts and uncles. The damage caused to the younger children when their sister-mother left for marriage or college. The children were devistated. My youngest aunt, who is just 11 years older than I, told me that when she was a baby she did not know who her mother was because she had so many caregivers. Quite a few of my younger aunts and uncles were like lost children, some for most of their life. One if my aunts married a man who did unforgivable things to her. I attribute it to not getting all the love and care she needed as a child. By the time the youngest children came along even my grandfather was emotionally neglectful because of the breakdown in the marriage.

I do love my family. There are a lot of wonderful people and there is a lot of love.

My extended family sounds a lot like yours in terms of age ranges, and children staying with various relatives at various times, but in our case, it seems to have strengthened us as a family. Regardless, the sentiments in your last two sentences are what really matter!!

Regarding doing anything like IVF, given her age, overall reproductive health after having 20 kids, and nearing menopause, would there be any responsible doctor that would agree to doing it? IIRC, wasn't she moving from doc to doc during her pregancies because she was so high risk and in addition so hell bent on having the babeez in spite of the risks, that she was having trouble finding docs? Can anyone confirm?

Of course she wants to make it an even 20. She seems like a perfectionist to me, I dunno. But I hope to all goodness that she doesn't have anymore kids. Her age and history just isn't in her favor.

Archived