IGNORED

All Things the Female Misogynist Said [Merged Topics]

AtroposHeart

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so, AtroposHeart, maybe think about whether it might not be a better idea to have a mod combine the several threads you've started with posts from this blog into one? The "post an entire blog entry from a terrible person's blog with no context or comment" approach isn't my favorite, especially with so many in such a short time.

Thank you, though, for delving into this clearly very rich mine of stupid and awful on our behalf. You are brave.

You are welcome.

I will think on it and ask a mod about it, that might be for the best

Long, rambling wall of text full of utter nonsense...is this the same woman who claims women are amoral?

A women-hating lesbian, huh? That's new.

Yes, it is.

Ah, so when the Muslims hereabouts stop being computer programmers / opticians / caterers and take over the country by violence, I'm going to be just fine with them killing my son?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw this thread and expected it might be the next step in the natural progression from the "Truth about Gender Stereotypes" and "Perks of Submission?" threads that have been plaguing the board of late. :lol:

Truth.

The "post an entire blog entry from a terrible person's blog with no context or comment" approach isn't my favorite, especially with so many in such a short time.

More truth.

I feel like I'm reading FSTDT or a fundie "lite" blog lately.

Hmmm...in this post, she sounds a lot like my 91-year-old grandma. Grandma had all those "rules": don't go to a boy's house, co-ed is bad, women need chaperones until they're married...

I didn't get it when I lived with Grandma, and I don't get it now.

My great-grandmothers were quite liberal when they were alive, as far as I knew them. (They were both born in Italy; in 1900s'-1920s'.) The only un-liberal about them was that they wanted their granddaughters to get married at an early age; and liked to go to Church more than than the average person.

I didn't read the whole of all that waffle, because it was starting to make my eyes bleed, but I did notice at the start she went to great pains to emphasise how she has such strong principles and stands up for her morals, even as a kid. So...all females are amoral except her? She might want to make sure she actually is being feminine enough, as we all know that falling foul of gender stereotypes is amoral in itself...aaand I think I've got a headache now from trying to work out her tangled web of warped logic.

My great-grandmothers were quite liberal when they were alive, as far as I knew them. (They were both born in Italy; in 1900s'-1920s'.) The only un-liberal about them was that they wanted their granddaughters to get married at an early age; and liked to go to Church more than than the average person.

I didn't know any of my great-grandparents, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were more liberal than my grandma. She's a bit...odd. :?

why all of those misogynist "articles" on the forum suddenly? all are the same crap written by a clearly illiterate person by the way

All posted by one person, too.

Basic science and history fail.

We inherit one set of chromosomes from the mother, one from the father. So yes, personality is partly genetic, but males and females did not evolve separately.

This woman reminds me of an office manager I worked under a couple of years ago. She had a row with one of the other temps (a guy who happened to be Muslim). When talking about it later on in the day, she was ranting about how it's "people like him who make me a racist". Well uh, no love, if you've got racist beliefs, you probably had those already. You don't just turn into a racist or a misogynist overnight. To be fair, this guy at work was being a bit of a prick, but he would have been like that whatever his religion or race. And this writer's friend didn't fail at university because she's a woman, but because she had problems which interfered with her studying. But I guess it's easier to stereotype by socio/political/economic-whatever group than it is to just treat people as individuals, with their own individual merits and faults...

I think you're supposed to move into a church basement and let the (male, of course) church elders think for you, in this case. :think:

Think Joanne will share her basement?

All posted by one person, too.

Well, this is a forum to snark on fundies. These articles aren't articles; but blogs mostly. Other fundies we snark on have blogs too.

She can just fuck right off.

Meanwhile, I'm sorry her friend was a failure at college. But don't blame the system, plenty of the rest of us did fine (in STEM fields even), got good marks, never murdered anyone, avoided the drunken party scene, and went on to have good careers.

Exactly...aren't conservatives all about personal responsibility?

She mentions this one person, and so this one example means the whole system is a failure? :roll:

Nod of the things that annoys me about this kind of thinking is the division of women into "nice girls" and "tramps", where usually "tramps"= poor girls. So the lower classes are meant to be used and cast aside. So poor daughters aren't daughters? They don't deserve protection? And young men don't have to worry about their sexual morality unless they're defiling a "nice girl", because poor people aren't real people.

Well, this is a forum to snark on fundies. These articles aren't articles; but blogs mostly. Other fundies we snark on have blogs too.

I think that a lot of people need to realize that there is a voting block that has deeply hateful beliefs about women.

A long time ago women weren't less susceptible to rape. Poor women, slaves, minorities were considered open targets for men who treated higher class, white women with respect but didn't extend that respect to all other women

I think that a lot of people need to realize that there is a voting block that has deeply hateful beliefs about women.

A long time ago women weren't less susceptible to rape. Poor women, slaves, minorities were considered open targets for men who treated higher class, white women with respect but didn't extend that respect to all other women

I just wonder why each blog post merits its own thread, and why they are presented without comment. However, if there are genuinely people on FJ who don't know the extent to which rampant misogyny exists both on the internet and in the real world, then I can just suck it up and ignore the (in my opinion) redundant posts.

Why? Why? Why did I click this post?

FFS, it doesn't matter what a woman (or man) wears, drinks, acts, looks like, where they live or sleep. NOBODY has the right to touch, kiss, fondle, or fuck them WITHOUT THEIR FUCKING CONSENT! PERIOD!! All stop! End of story. Thank you for playing. Goodbye.

I just wonder why each blog post merits its own thread, and why they are presented without comment. However, if there are genuinely people on FJ who don't know the extent to which rampant misogyny exists both on the internet and in the real world, then I can just suck it up and ignore the (in my opinion) redundant posts.

Yeah, it bugs me too. I feel if we're going to discuss this blog, we should just have a thread for the blog instead of three separate posts about three separate entries posted on the same day without comment. Atroposheart is a prolific thread-starter in general, though.

I don't see how I did anything wrong by posting these blog posts, Yes, since people have requested it I have messaged an adim about combining them into one thread, but I still don't see how I did anything wrong.

It is a hateful blog about women, and isn't that the purpose of Free Jinger, to expose hateful view points about women, children, non-christians, and POC's?

OT, but can avatars have warnings? As a severely emetophobic, I go into a panic at the sight of Shirley's avatar! :shock: A little embarrassing to admit, but why must there be an avatar of someone vomiting? :cry:

Changed! Would have done sooner but I didn't see this post until just now. NBD :D

Wait, so guys are moral because they need other tribe members to survive and get laid, but women are amoral because they need other tribe members to survive? So much fail. And i'm pretty sure most young people go "Screw this tribe, they don't get me11!!!!" as teenagers are wont to do and run off, not just dudes. Even if that running off is just to the neighbor branch of the tribe three miles down.

We shouldn't just ignore fundies beliefs being preached and think that most people know about them and will think that they're crazy; because some people can be sucked into these cultish ideas and think that in order to have a perfect world; these cultish patriarchal ideas need to be practiced. If we get the media attracted to these blogs; then maybe they'll wake up and the culture of fundie patriarchal culture will be exposed to what it is really all about. It's not a matter of not knowing that patriarch supporters exist, but exposing them in a funny aka snarky way and exposing the right-wing agenda to take dominion over politics.

I don't see how I did anything wrong by posting these blog posts, Yes, since people have requested it I have messaged an adim about combining them into one thread, but I still don't see how I did anything wrong.

It is a hateful blog about women, and isn't that the purpose of Free Jinger, to expose hateful view points about women, children, non-christians, and POC's?

I don't think people have a problem with the subject matter, I think they're just annoyed by 1) the fact you've started three threads about the same blogger when it would have been far better to just to create one "the worst of X" thread, and 2) the fact that on all three threads you just dumped a quote and didn't contribute anything of your own. At best, that's laziness and, at worst, leaves the situation open to a less-than-positive interpretation.

Archived