IGNORED

37 Percent of People Completely Lost

doggie

I think at least some of these misunderstandings – e.g., that ‘cloud computing’ involves actual clouds – can be corrected with education. A simple lack of education isn’t nearly as big a problem as the fierce, proud ignorance we often end up deconstructing here. (And there are few places where this studied, intentional ignorance is on greater display than among those who think Obama is some sort of super-secret Muslim.)

I think at least some of these misunderstandings – e.g., that ‘cloud computing’ involves actual clouds – can be corrected with education. A simple lack of education isn’t nearly as big a problem as the fierce, proud ignorance we often end up deconstructing here. (And there are few places where this studied, intentional ignorance is on greater display than among those who think Obama is some sort of super-secret Muslim.)
cated

The cloud thing may have some substance. I have all Apple products. I have no idea what my cloud thing is. WAIT am I being silly?

Education tends to correct most things. Except for those that have no interest in being educated. Those that are prevented from getting an education. By those that control their education. Shame.

6% of Americans believe in unicorns??????????

The stupid. It burns.

I know! The other 94% should be flogged for not believing.

The cloud thing may have some substance. I have all Apple products. I have no idea what my cloud thing is. WAIT am I being silly?

all it means is data and in some cases apps are stored remotely. you run the app through a wireless connection instead of on the device.

Love dragons. Love elves. Apparently there's a strong common belief in trolls. Not me, though. I totally reject that, man, oooobbbbbviously complete fantasy.

Christians love Chronicles of Narnia. Hm.

Cloud = software + programming language + internet.

p.s. ...no, heuristic programming cannot take over the world, replace human cognitive thinking and stuff like that. All it can do is turn the lights on for you.

There is no such thing as HAL, the Red Queen, Skynet or The Architect.

...sort of...

p.s. ...no, heuristic programming cannot take over the world, replace human cognitive thinking and stuff like that. All it can do is turn the lights on for you.

There is no such thing as HAL, the Red Queen, Skynet or The Architect.

...sort of...

Well of course that's what you would say to keep us all unsuspecting and complacent until the alien robot takeover of our world is complete. :techie-hal:

"Beliving in some form of creationism" couldn't be vaguer, could it? I am curious as to how the questions were posed. (And I also don't think that believing in god, elves, ghosts, angels means you are an idiot. Now, if you believe you are a vampire, or are a transpecies, transracial, transgender otherkin, that sounds terribly time consuming and another belief system might be in order.)

Well, as UFOs are simply Unidentified Flying Objects of course I believe in them. Whether these objects actually turn out to have to do with aliens is another story entirely, and one that has yet to be proven as anything other than fiction. But yeah, sometimes shit flies around that the government can't immediately figure out. Meanwhile, they gotta label it something, so UFO it is.

I also believed a man in a red suit who lived in the North Pole with his reindeer and toy-making elves would slide down my chimney Christmas Eve and leave me presents.

STOP IT!! I heard the reindeer on my roof and you aren't going to tell me Santa Claus isn't real. :occasion-xmas:

Archived