IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

It must be so frusterating to live in that household! Jinger has a dream to get out, and her parents just discourage her! I would hate to have parents like the Duggars and the Maxwells that just DISCOURAGE DISCOURAGE DISCOURAGE all the time. Must be so draining.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we know the new spin on the reality show for the Duggars-- The Duggars do DC.

The Beverly Hill Billies was a very popular show--excpet Jed was wise vs josh being smug.

I"m trying to figure out what in the world Josh is qualified to do in DC< other than walk around with Cameras trailing him. Interns and Aids are usually college students (though, who knows in the teaparty) and the not for profits are usually pretty high powered-- with the key employees all educated and connected.

Assuming he's working at a Christian Not for Profit, his preaching isn't yet up to the high dollar level, but maybe he'll be assigned a ghost writer to pump out a standard christian manual, plop his picture on it an go on a national tour. Prayer Warrior doesn't require too much in the way of eduation, and some of the most unlikely tv ministries make boatloads of money.

The cost of housing is astronomically higher in DC & the surrounding suburbs. Unless he has a really high paying job (I doubt it) or is willing to blow whatever he's saved from filming, they will be looking at small condos or townhouses at best. There are a lot of nice condos & townhouses in and around NOVA/DC/MD but it's going to be pricey even then. I think Anna will also find it somewhat isolating; the closer they are to the city, the more liberal the area & even conservatives would find it hard to digest the fundie culture.

I think this is the first time we've really seen DQ show how much control they have over their adult children...scary.

I was just thinking about this.

I think he'll be moving to VA. MD is way too liberal for him.

I poked around a real estate website, there are some good affordable deals right now. I think once we learn where he is moving to, that will be quite telling. But I bet you that he'll be using the TLC money for it. I'm sure he's got a nice fortune to spend on housing.

I really hope he takes this opportunity to do something with his life, besides live off the fame of being the first one to escape from Mullet's uterus.

PokaDot, I don't see how he has a nice fortune saved up of TLC money. He eats out all the time and spends his money on toys.

I think this is the first time we've really seen DQ show how much control they have over their adult children...scary.

Oh yeah, I found J'chelle's comments very disturbing. I am coming to the conclusion that JB and J'chelle really don't want to let their adult children go; they are too vested in being parents to a large brood that has brought them fame and money. In the past, during various FJ speculation threads on any Duggar kid escaping, I was of the view that the girls would most likely will escape via marriage provided they get with someone who is fundie-lite. I am now seeing that as pretty unlikely. They will never let those kids, particularly the girls, go. They don't want to lose control and with that in mind, JB will never find a suitor "good enough", i.e. one that is willing to go along with the dog and pony show post marriage.

I've lived in DC. Those people are going to eat Josh alive. Status, education, and job title is really important there. The fact that Josh doesn't have a college education is going to put him on the bottom of the totum pole. The only thing he qualifies for is a page boy for a congressman.

The only good thing that might come out of this is that there are great museums for the kids. They might actually learn something!

Unfortunately for Josh, Congressional pages are far better educated than he'll ever be. :?

If they really are moving to the DC area, I predict they won't last long there. They won't be able to afford the lifestyle to which they'd like to become accustomed. They won't even be able to afford the same lifestyle they have at home in Arkansas. And if Josh thinks he can continue snapping and posting Instagram pics while driving on I-95 or the Capitol Beltway... :laughing-rolling:

Free Jinger!!!

Although, it was only a matter of time before Boob and Mullet shut that shit down. Jill the snitch was trying to shut Jinger down while the words "I want to live in a city" were still coming out of her mouth!

I cannot imagine he would have more than an unpaid internship. He has no work experience to speak of, other than waltzing in late and playing with his helicopter in the office.

That does free up Grandma's rental. JD has his own house, so my guess is Jana will be married off and get that home. Then it is her turn on the birthin' toilet!

Do you think that maybe he's going to be working for Patrick Henry College or HSLDA, in Purcellville VA and they just said, "Washington, DC" That wouldn't surprise me.

I cannot imagine he would have more than an unpaid internship. He has no work experience to speak of, other than waltzing in late and playing with his helicopter in the office.

That does free up Grandma's rental. JD has his own house, so my guess is Jana will be married off and get that home. Then it is her turn on the birthin' toilet!

I predict she'll be engaged just in time for the book release.

Unfortunately for Josh, Congressional pages are far better educated than he'll ever be. :?

If they really are moving to the DC area, I predict they won't last long there. They won't be able to afford the lifestyle to which they'd like to become accustomed. They won't even be able to afford the same lifestyle they have at home in Arkansas. And if Josh thinks he can continue snapping and posting Instagram pics while driving on I-95 or the Capitol Beltway... :laughing-rolling:

I always thought Congressional pages were at least college grads in terms of education. Josh's SOTDRT education nowhere comes close. Even in the very unlikely possibility that he does become a page, he's not going to mix in well with other pages on the Hill. Plus I can't see that job paying enough.

Wanna bet that Josh gets into a traffic accident while snapping Instagram photos the very first week he's there? After that there will be more lopsided photos of folks on the Metro when he decides he's too scared to drive around there.

:shock:

Well that was quite the eye opener. I always thought the morons at least loved their kids and weren't quite as bad as the maxwells. To me it always seemed the girls had boob wrapped around their fingers and could get away with a least a tad bit of freedom (say the kind a 12 year old normal kid has). After this its pretty clear Juterus runs that house and is a total bitch.

I can't figure out who would actually hire smugger but maybe the reason hes been such a lazy ass with the car lot is because he hates it. IF this is an actual job and they really move it will be interesting to see if he starts acting like a Dad of 3 and gets his act together. Part of me kind of hopes this works out for them because getting a taste of the real world will be good(unless of course hes working for some uber religious organization like ATI, then nothing will change).

I hope Jinger does spend the summer in DC. Josh enjoys regular society in a way that his parents do not. He wouldn't supervise her the way they do. She would love the privacy and freedom.

I always thought Congressional pages were at least college grads in terms of education. Josh's SOTDRT education nowhere comes close. Even in the very unlikely possibility that he does become a page, he's not going to mix in well with other pages on the Hill. Plus I can't see that job paying enough.

Wanna bet that Josh gets into a traffic accident while snapping Instagram photos the very first week he's there? After that there will be more lopsided photos of folks on the Metro when he decides he's too scared to drive around there.

That's assuming Josh can even figure out the Metro. :lol:

I just hope he doesn't try to pull the Instagram crap while he's got his family in the car. Traffic in northern Virginia is truly terrifying. :?

I honestly wonder what politician would hire him... he's not educated or particularly smart... I assume it would be only to appease pro lifers to have him on the payroll.

Agree!!!

It also really amuses me to think about josh in DC amongst some of the most educated, experienced people in the world. Imagine him trying to explain college plus to them. He could end up realizing this and embrace education for his kids, but I think it will terrify him and he will be back in AR before you know it.

“Jinger would love to spend time with her brother and all their children in Washington,†she says — explaining that that’s about as far as she is allowed to go!

“New York City is way above what we would ever consider a city where she should move!†The devoutly Christian mom of nineteen vows.

Fuck you, J'uterus. She's your adult daughter, there isn't a 'we' or 'allowed to' when it comes to making decisions about where she lives if and when she breaks free from your clutches.

:shock:

Well that was quite the eye opener. I always thought the morons at least loved their kids and weren't quite as bad as the maxwells. To me it always seemed the girls had boob wrapped around their fingers and could get away with a least a tad bit of freedom (say the kind a 12 year old normal kid has). After this its pretty clear Juterus runs that house and is a total bitch.

Always got the feeling that J'chelle was really the one in charge. In spite of giving JB adoring looks and pretending to be the proper, submissive fundie wife, blah, blah, blah, I always got the feeling that she really called the shots and could be a real screaming banshee behind closed doors when she didn't get her way. The whole family, including JB, have been emotionally blanket-trained by her.

This is their version of Maxhell. Still think they love their kids, just as actually I think Steve Maxwell love his kids, just in a very unhealthy, fearful and controlling way.

frc.org/get.cfm?i=PR13A19

Josh Duggar spoke at a Family Research Council anti abortion rally in DC a few weeks ago. Maybe they are going to use what little fame the duggars have left. They would have the ghost writers and supply the gigs for him to hone his snake oil salesman ways.

If they really do go and live in D.C., I predict that at least one sister/mother will stay with them all the time. Someone will have to help with the new babeeee.

Maybe it's worth it to spend all their savings to get out from under Jim Bob? I mean, we know they control their adult children - maybe Josh has never been as okay with this as we thought? In that case, good for him. I hope some others join him.

Edit: sp

I think what you are saying might be a possibility. Maybe Josh has had his breaking point with being controlled by Boob and Mullet. It is also possible that Anna is fed up with always having to say "how high" whenever Boob says "jump". But, on the other hand, Josh and Anna seem to enjoy the perks that they get from TLC and Boob. Boob is the real owner of the car lot and Josh has had the freedom to do whatever or whenever he wants to do with the car lot. Anna comes off as the type who constantly likes showing off dates with her husband. If Josh wasn't working for Boob, he might not have the freedom to take her out for lunch during the week. Josh and Anna enjoy traveling around with the dog and pony show. If there was no 19kac, their trips would usually be the annual ATI Big Sandy event. The show is the reason they get extravagant trips.

If they are indeed moving to DC, reality will smack them in the face hard in a few ways. As others have mentioned, Anna will lose her free babysitters aka the J'Slaves. Josh might have to answer to a boss who will want to be at work on certain times, no Duggar time bullshit. It has been speculated here on various threads, that they pay rent for Mary Duggar's rental house. But depending on where they move to, they might be paying higher rent than they did back in Arkansas. I can see both Josh and Anna being eaten alive by people around them in DC. Josh might end up in a job with people who are much more educated than him and they might not a give shit that his family has a reality show or that Boob used to be in politics. I recall some article from the last 90s where Boob was slammed by other politicians because he focused too much on issues like abortion. Anna has developed a bit of a smug attitude and she might not be able to find a lot of fundie SAHMs to hang out with in DC. I can see her being looked down on by other women. Let's not forget that Anna's "college degree" is from an unaccredited Christian college. I can already picture other women talking shit about Anna and her "degree".

Archived