IGNORED

Google Knows Doug Phillips Is a Tool!

twin2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming out of lurkdom just to lol :lol:

Glad someone still gets that reference!

Doug, darling, Keats you ain't. Rhyme, scan, meter, depth, beauty -- all missing.

I can't wait for his next opus. Perhaps:

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

Sugar is sweet.

I won't go to Hell but I make no guarantees about you.

or:

There once was a self-righteous runt,

Who thought, when for men he would hunt,

"When I have a quorum

I'll form Jism Forum

And have all the interns I want!"

Oh, wait -- I guess he wouldn't admit to the latter (and how did it take me this long to think of "Jism Forum?").

Not to mention that I actually know how the meter of a limerick should work -- he'd probably just throw in as many syllables as he wanted, a la Tom Lehrer's Folk Song Army.

yygMhtNQJ9M

There once was a self-righteous runt,

Who thought, when for men he would hunt,

"When I have a quorum

I'll form Jism Forum

And have all the interns I want!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

After reading that virtuous woman drek, I have to know. Is Doug Phillips (is a tool) ghost writing the Botkinettes blog posts? The similarity in writing styles is striking.

I'm guessing it's because the VF crowd reads so much of each other's writing with the idea that "this is what Godly sounds like." Apparently, "Godly" sounds like breathless Victorian-era hyperbole with a turgid smattering of logic fail.

I'm guessing it's because the VF crowd reads so much of each other's writing with the idea that "this is what Godly sounds like." Apparently, "Godly" sounds like breathless Victorian-era hyperbole with a turgid smattering of logic fail.

Yep. They all just use the same Godly Pseudo-Victorian Writing Style Sheet.

Burma Shave.

LOL'd at the cultural reference! We old chicks have still GOT IT!

LOL'd at the cultural reference! We old chicks have still GOT IT!

I think the Burma Shave poems were better-written than Doug's poetry (or should I call it Douggeral?).

• 3 weeks later...

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing: the fact that little girls are submissively shaving their fathers, or the fact that these men forced their daughters into those horrid dresses and then let them wield sharp objects near their faces.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing: the fact that little girls are submissively shaving their fathers, or the fact that these men forced their daughters into those horrid dresses and then let them wield sharp objects near their faces.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'm astonished that any of these guys TRUSTED their daughters with sharp objects near their faces. Too bad none of the girls aimed the razors lower down, like below their belts.

In related news, Doug Phillips is still a TOOL

YES look at this:

generationdinosaur.blogspot.se/2013/02/we-are-all-tools.html

p.s. lurker, finally saying "hi" for the first time!!!

All this talk of shaving daddy, rubbing his hair/head :romance-caress: submitting to him until the husband shows up sounds very creepy, like emotional incest, at the very least.

post-315-14451997799695_thumb.jpg

I guess we should be in for some great status updates from Doug Phillips is a tool, or did he already forget about all those poor souls who put women and children first?

[attachment=0]directv.JPG[/attachment]

I guess we should be in for some great status updates from Doug Phillips is a tool, or did he already forget about all those poor souls who put women and children first?

Ye asked, Buzzard, and now ye shall receive (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/04/10748/):

An Appeal to You: Gather a Dozen Friends and Hold Your Own Titanic Dinner

This year, I also would like to encourage each of you to begin a similar tradition. It doesn’t need to be big; it doesn’t need to be complicated. Just gather a few or many of your friends together for an evening meal of prayer, thanksgiving, and commemoration as men. What a wonderful thing it would be to know that, in dozens of places around the country, men are gathering to honor those who went before us!

How to Host a Dinner

The elements are simple:

Gather your friends (men and boys).

Eat out or in, but make it a memorable feast.

Read excerpts from The Sinking of the Titanic or other historical accounts.

Let each person share a Scripture, prayer, poem, or toast.

Exhort each other to noble leadership and sacrifice.

Leave a record of your gathering in some form or another for the future.

Send us a picture of your event so we can select a few of the best and share them with thousands.

Feel free to show some of the many video clips at your event.

Remembering the legacy of an event from so long ago is not just about getting together, but it is about gathering, giving thanks, and applying the lessons to our own life.

Ye asked, Buzzard, and now ye shall receive (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/04/10748/):

Oh goody! Uploading pictures of manly gatherings!!!!!!

Why do your friends have to be ONLY men and boys?

How does a manly man have a "memorable" feast without inviting teh wimmenz? How awkward would this gathering be at a restaurant!

"Exhort each other to noble leadership and sacrifice?" What does that even mean? Here Doug Phillips is a tool, you may have my sourdough roll...

A "record of your gathering?" Is that like writing your name and number on the bathroom wall?

The women are allowed to cook the dinner for the manliest men-that's an honor! They just decline to eat any or join in the festivities. Girlish figure and emotional sensitivities after all!

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Ask and ye shall receive, Doug Phillips is a tool. I'm happy to oblige remembering your toolish legacy and leave a record for history that Doug Phillips is a tool.

:music-tool: Doug Phillips is a tool :music-tool:

Archived