IGNORED

Who is Zsu Zsu?

johnhugh

I first came across FJ after first seeing the Duggers a few years ago and knew there was more to them than that was shown on television and wanted dirt. After that, the Maxwells - getting one over on Stevie, the Man boys, 7 sisters and The camp Pecan Thief are so much more entertaining - though some of their situations are sad.

Can someone explained who Zsu Zsu is? I've seen her mentioned a lot, but her visiting the latest Maxwell show has made me want to know more about her and I can never get my head around who she is.

Cheers John

Get ready to fall down a rabbit hole. She's my favourite crazy. Her blog is Are They All Yours, and her husband's church is Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona.

Get ready to fall down a rabbit hole. She's my favourite crazy. Her blog is Are They All Yours, and her husband's church is Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona.

You're cheating on Sparkling Lauren? tsk tsk

Lauren is my favourite hippie crazy. She reminds me of home and the local crazies. Zsuzsanna is my favourite fundie crazy. Anyway, Lauren has read The Ethical Slut in a women's circle. She'll forgive my straying.

• 2 weeks later...

Who is Taryn? Is she just someone who replies to Zsu Zsu's threads? I saw the crazy thread with her comments on it.

Zsu's hubby's church is, I think, listed as a hate group by SPLC.

Yes, it is.

*Faithful Word Baptist Church

Tempe, Ariz.

Steven Anderson, formerly affiliated with Sacramento, Calif.-based Regency Baptist Church, started Faithful Word Baptist Church in Arizona on Christmas Day 2005 as a “totally independent†organization. With “well over a hundred chapters of the Bible memorized word-for-word,†Anderson quickly led his congregation into a series of extremely radical stands.

Much of his venom was aimed at homosexuals, who he suggests should be killed (“The biggest hypocrite in the world is the person who believes in the death penalty for murderers but not for homosexualsâ€). In an August 2009 sermon, he attacked the United Methodist Church, saying “10% of their preachers are queers†and adding, “they got a dyke and a faggot behind the pulpit.†He has described gays as “sodomites†who “recruit through rape†and “recruit through molestation.â€

Anderson is also a virulent government hater. As operator of the True Sons of Liberty website, the pastor calls for abolishing the IRS, the Federal Reserve, Social Security and Child Protective Services state agencies. In April 2009, he refused to get out of his car or answer questions from Border Patrol agents at the California-Arizona border. Agents broke his window and tased him as a result.

Anderson brought his church national notoriety in August 2009, when a member of his congregation, Christopher Broughton, went to an Obama appearance in Phoenix legally carrying an assault rifle and a pistol. It turned out that Anderson had preached a day earlier to Broughton and others that he “hates Obama†and would “pray that he dies and goes to hell.†Two weeks later, he told openly gay columnist Michelangelo Signorile that he “would not judge or condemn†anyone who killed the president. Then, for good measure, he told Signorile at the end of the interview, “If you’re a homosexual, I hope you get brain cancer and die like Ted Kennedy.â€

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... ard-liners

We maybe need a link to the SPLC somewhere? I've never looked at their site before, but I looked at your link and that page alone seems rather topical for us.

We maybe need a link to the SPLC somewhere? I've never looked at their site before, but I looked at your link and that page alone seems rather topical for us.

Sounds like a good idea. Don't know where you'd want to "store" it, but here's the home page:

http://www.splcenter.org/

Who is Taryn? Is she just someone who replies to Zsu Zsu's threads? I saw the crazy thread with her comments on it.

Taryn is a commenter on Zsu's blog. She seems to have gone away, which is unfortunate for us all, because her comments are hilarious. She sees Satanic conspiracies in basically anything and her comments make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The crazy is strong in that one. If you look up some of Zsu's older posts you'll find one of her comments at some point.

Sounds like a good idea. Don't know where you'd want to "store" it, but here's the home page:

http://www.splcenter.org/

Thanks thoughtful :)

I don't know what to make of Zsu. She should be a quiet, meek, submissive fundie wife... and she's not. She keeps telling people off like no tomorrow. Her husband is constantly away from home because I guess he's afraid of her. Her blog is a neverending amusement. She seems to hate the world very much. Her own life, too. She's like the movie "Mulholland drive" to me. I can't get enough of it and when someone asks me what's it about I say: "dunno"....

Taryn is a commenter on Zsu's blog. She seems to have gone away, which is unfortunate for us all, because her comments are hilarious. She sees Satanic conspiracies in basically anything and her comments make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The crazy is strong in that one. If you look up some of Zsu's older posts you'll find one of her comments at some point.

Ah Taryn. My greatest fundie love. Please see my avatar, a tribute to Taryn that will live forever, inspired by her claim the OK symbol you make with your hands is evil. Anyway, if you want all of Taryn's comments in one handy place check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1038

And just a teaser of the unusual comments:

I agree with you. Thank you for making me laugh. I showed my son(18) your post. My daughter,Angela, called me two nights ago and told me that our third son,Jonathan,texted and asked if I was watching the news-at about 11:30 at night-May 1st. When was the last time a President gave a speech that late? I called a Christian friend in Kentucky the next day-she agrees with us.

Our children took kickboxing because of a friend of theirs but then we took them out-it became too much like the martial arts. Our sons were aggressive enough. My Bible concordance says fist fighting-punishment of:Exodus 21:18,19-we don't like boxing. We don't celebrate April Fool's Day/All Fool's Day-Matthew 5:22(KJ),Eph.5:4(KJ),Eph.6:11(KJ),I John 3:7(KJ),etc. Do you celebrate May Day-May 1st? Pranks remind me of Halloween tricks-"trick or treat". We don't celebrate Halloween.I remember years ago my atheist uncle called me up and told me the family had fun playing a board game and that I wouldn't like it because it taught the art of lying. I don't remember the name of that game. PTL

• 2 months later...

Zsuzsa Facebook page is interesting. Highlights include her 6 year old daughter loading the dishwasher, pictures of the girls new aprons and the joy of decluttering....

facebook.com/zsuzsanna.anderson?hc_location=stream

I don't know what to make of Zsu. She should be a quiet, meek, submissive fundie wife... and she's not. She keeps telling people off like no tomorrow. Her husband is constantly away from home because I guess he's afraid of her. Her blog is a neverending amusement. She seems to hate the world very much. Her own life, too. She's like the movie "Mulholland drive" to me. I can't get enough of it and when someone asks me what's it about I say: "dunno"....

I don't think the PP is afraid of Zsu. The main reasons he seems to be gone is because he does most of fire alarm business in California. There is speculation that he is at least mentally abusive of her.

Zsu is very aware of PP's image and the possibilities for the future. I think she is aiming to elevate her family into fundie royalty, but might have to drink a little more kool aid to cultivate that glassy eyed look...

• 1 month later...

Zsu's blog is very interesting. I read the whole thing back to the inception recently - sometimes she has post after post about nice family events and you start to forget she is a bigot, then BAM, here comes the homophobia (amongst other things)! She doesn't seem to post anywhere near as much about her hateful views now as she used to, though.

• 2 months later...
Zsu's blog is very interesting. I read the whole thing back to the inception recently - sometimes she has post after post about nice family events and you start to forget she is a bigot, then BAM, here comes the homophobia (amongst other things)! She doesn't seem to post anywhere near as much about her hateful views now as she used to, though.

I'm sorry :( Are you ok? Do we need to send a detox team? Do you need cake? Heavy liquor? A therapist? :brain-bleach:?

We are here to help you through what must have been a very traumatic experience :mouse-shock:

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry :( Are you ok? Do we need to send a detox team? Do you need cake? Heavy liquor? A therapist? :brain-bleach:?

We are here to help you through what must have been a very traumatic experience :mouse-shock:

I am a Zsu expert, psychologist and a European like Zsu.

If I can be of any service to someone, either answer questions or assist in mental distress regarding Zsu, don't hesitate to ask.

Archived