IGNORED

Duggars Do Dr. Oz

sophrosyne

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buzzard, I think I owe you at least 2 dozen cupcakes for not only enduring to the end (I tried with Duggars Do Asia but couldn't handle it) but for the excellent play by play. How these people end up with TV time and all the free trips, I do not know.

I only caught from the pickles on. I call BS on all of the food too. (especially as nutritional yeast on popcorn is a favorite treat of mine, but my dad, who is pretty adventureous with food won't touch if I told him what it was, I doubt that Jim Bob would touch it.)

Buzzard, thank you for your heroic efforts. I just couldn't bring myself to watch the Duggar-Mozzie love fest.

I read the reason the Oprah segment didn't air is because they couldn't agree on anything with the production team.

I think Oprah wa going to ask them so hard questions.

Buzzard, what color would you like your thank-you scarf in? Without ropes, I wouldn't sat still through that mess.

Duggars Do Dr. Oz

Kinky! At least they're branching out. Is he pregnant now? What will he name it? J'Oz?

Soon-to-be medical professional here. Dr. Oz has a TERRIBLE reputation among physicians/my professors. He's a total sellout. He's the butt of a lot of mockery and snark here. Although he does possess the requisite scientific knowledge, he is perfectly willing to pretend it doesn't exist when lucrative opportunities come up. As such, much of what he promotes is pseudoscience because he is being paid by companies to do so, even though he knows it's wrong.

In other words, there is no way Dr. Oz would make the Duggars look bad ever. MAYBE he might criticize their diet and put them on a diet plan. MAYBE he'll talk with Anna about eating right for her baby. MAYBE he'll talk about Josh and Dim Bulb's competition in order to "inspire" others. If anything he'll use the Duggars as an example of healthy eating on a budget. The kind of guy he is, the kind of guy who is willing to compromise his values to make money / please people - is not the kind of guy who would EVER say a negative thing about the Duggars OR throw them under a bus.

That's hilarious that you consider him to be the butt of a lot of snark. My husband worked with him in the OR back in NYC just before/early stages of him getting famous. He said that he was so conceited and clueless. Fast forward to now and we'll sometimes watch his shows and just laugh.

Well, that's depressing. I hate Dr.Phil, but he does the make people look stupid thing pretty well. Maybe he should have the Duggars on and talk about mooching and crappy parenting and independence.

They seem to be doing a lot more publicity than usual for this season.

Desperation. They know the show's lifespan is ticking away, much like J'chelle's biological clock did a few years ago.

One of my coworkers was on Dr. Oz in the "most eligible doctors" episode. He said that basically all of the advice nuggets were given out to them before hand and they just acted like it was their own idea. So I am pretty sur they did the same thing on this episode. Which is why the advice sounds like bullshit.

Dr. Oz's show is an hour of bullshit. Everything comes down to how often you shit. I cant even stand listening to his voice for the 3 minutes before the noon news comes on here. Eat more tumeric! Have some cinnamon!

:lol:

I still prefer it to "The Doctors". In that show it's all follow a low-carb diet, get a boob job and a c-section. Not necessarily in that order.

WTF???? Where can we find accurate information about this garden or the cows?

My uncle was a dairy farmer who was unable to stay for my brother's wedding reception. Church ceremony, truck, back to the farm because the cows needed their evening milking. You can't, for example, go to Asia and just leave cows.

Or maybe they're raising beef? Livestock still needs daily attention. So do vegetable gardens.

I AM SO CONFUSED!

If they have animals they probably have the Query family take care of them when they are gone.

They're gone so often that the Querys are likely the de facto caregivers.

This would make good television IF the Duggars actually have some part of their 20 acres used as farm/garden land. People could learn what that's like. Surely the producers would have highlighted that, rather than showing the wall o' canned veggies, if it actually existed.

They're gone so often that the Querys are likely the de facto caregivers.

This would make good television IF the Duggars actually have some part of their 20 acres used as farm/garden land. People could learn what that's like. Surely the producers would have highlighted that, rather than showing the wall o' canned veggies, if it actually existed.

The Duggars will have to hire someone to do that because they are always on the go with: appearances, mission trips and whatever else.

Bless you Buzzard, its only 11:30 AM but I'd like to buy you a martini right this minute.

There was on episode where a friend of theirs helped them start a garden--never ever mentioned again.

Cows? What a mountain of Bullshit!!! Unless they just happen to a have a tenant farmer raising cattle on some Duggar acreage.

Kinky! At least they're branching out. Is he pregnant now? What will he name it? J'Oz?

J'Oz sounds good--or, Jehmet (rhymes with Jam-it, to 'make a memory' of their kink in name too).

Dr. Oz's first name is Mehmet, of course, and the "M" name that he offered to Josh and Anna as a perfect choice for Smuganna #3.

Bless you Buzzard, its only 11:30 AM but I'd like to buy you a martini right this minute.

There was on episode where a friend of theirs helped them start a garden--never ever mentioned again.

Cows? What a mountain of Bullshit!!! Unless they just happen to a have a tenant farmer raising cattle on some Duggar acreage.

I'm wondering if they didnt mean for that screenshot to get aired but even so, there is no fucking way in hell any duggar is raising cows. If they were keeping dairy cows, they would have blathered about wholesome milk. Then we can have a raw milk conversation. No J'slave is getting up and milking them daily. If they're raising them for meat, we would have heard all about buying in bulk... but then we'd have the conversation about slaughter, packaging etc. I think raising livestock is WAY too much responsibility and effort for the Duggars. If they're going to do it, they'd start with chickens.

My guess is that "check on cows" is likely JD's instruction to call whatever farmer they're buying a side of beef from. Michelle is feeling the need for something that bleeds.

The garden thing fascinates me. We never saw or heard about it again after that single episode. I seriously doubt it exists. So, yet another thing they lie about...

It was talked about after that. A few of the boys are trying to grow some fruits and veggies in what had been the garden. They said that someone use to come and help. They don't know why he stopped coming over. It was sad and awkward. It was discussed oh FJ so you may be able to find the clip.

Archived