IGNORED

Victoria Jackson - O.o

rward

From a Salon profile of Victoria Jackson: http://www.salon.com/2013/03/10/can_vic ... he_fringe/

Sweeney Blum recalls waiting for one rehearsal to start and walking in to find Franken and Jackson mid-argument: “They’re sitting there steaming a little bit, and all of the sudden Al leans forward and says, ‘Victoria, surely as a Christian you care about people’s health care, surely you would believe in that.’ And Victoria says, ‘Well, if people died sooner, people will go to Heaven sooner.’

“And I start laughing because I thought she was being funny, and she says, ‘No. They will meet Jesus sooner.’â€

I can't even.

Has she always been nuts? Or did she have some sort of psychotic break? Was she like this on SNL?

I don't even know what to say about that. :evil:

Has she always been nuts? Or did she have some sort of psychotic break? Was she like this on SNL?

When she was younger, she was on SNL I don't remember her having any bits beyond taking the part of the cute girl. She wasn't a Jane Curtin, Tina Fey or Gilda Radner or any other great SNL female comedians. Basically, she played the same high pitched, cute girl in each skit. If I am wrong and she had a memorable part that couldn't have been filled by any other, blonde woman please let me know.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine is completely positive that she is just trolling, or doing some kind of weird performance art to keep her career afloat. I don't remember what (if any) evidence he had to support that belief, though...

For what it's worth, a friend of mine is completely positive that she is just trolling, or doing some kind of weird performance art to keep her career afloat. I don't remember what (if any) evidence he had to support that belief, though...

I have a friend that says the same thing about Rush Limbaugh. :lol:

Maybe, but she's been doing this for several years now. She gets attention, yes, but is she getting jobs? I can't say I've seen her on anything recently.

Maybe, but she's been doing this for several years now. She gets attention, yes, but is she getting jobs? I can't say I've seen her on anything recently.

I think he believed it wasn't so much to get mainstream acting jobs, but more to be able to hop on board the Tea Party gravy train and see how long she could ride that sucker while saying increasingly ridiculous things (and to determine at what point things would become even too ridiculous for them to accept).

I think he believed it wasn't so much to get mainstream acting jobs, but more to be able to hop on board the Tea Party gravy train and see how long she could ride that sucker while saying increasingly ridiculous things (and to determine at what point things would become even too ridiculous for them to accept).

This is the Tea Party we're talking about. Victoria's comments might not even be the weirdest things said by members of that party today!

I get sad when I watch UHF now. WTF indeed. Her tweets during the presidential election were way over the top.

This is the Tea Party we're talking about. Victoria's comments might not even be the weirdest things said by members of that party today!

I've considered that the entire Tea Party may actually be the largest piece of performance art ever. It makes me happier than considering there is an entire political party devoted to calling the POTUS a "n***er" without actually saying the word.

I've considered that the entire Tea Party may actually be the largest piece of performance art ever. It makes me happier than considering there is an entire political party devoted to calling the POTUS a "n***er" without actually saying the word.

I'd love to believe that's true, but sadly, I know too many people who've drunk the Tea Party kool-aid. Imagine how they'll foam at the mouth if the next president is a woman from the Democratic party.

I can't find a link, but I have a recollection of her story that her father considered her a failure because she was supposed to be a gymnast. He didn't want her to be a comedienne, but she was "too fat" to be what he wanted. I think she has had daddy issues ever since.

Maybe this crazy right wing christian thing is another way for her to try to buy his love.

I have read on a couple of gossip sites that during her SNL days, she wasn't as bad as she is now, but she wasn't pleasant all the time. It was rumored that Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn disliked her. I also recall reading something that she became more religious after her SNL run.

... (and to determine at what point things would become even too ridiculous for them to accept).

...which, as it turns out, will be approximately never.

Aha. She and I have one thing in common: we are both proud alumnae of Auburn University, which is a public school, but it's one that is chock-a-block full of fundies. This doesn't surprise me at all if her background is anything like 95% of the young women I met while I was a student there.

I have read on a couple of gossip sites that during her SNL days, she wasn't as bad as she is now, but she wasn't pleasant all the time. It was rumored that Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn disliked her. I also recall reading something that she became more religious after her SNL run.

The Salon article quotes Dunn as saying she did not find her pleasant :dance: :lol:

It's true she didn't get along with several of the other women on the show, but that was pretty typical. The competition for lines and characters was very fierce for the women who tended to be marginalized during those years especially.

I think the problem with assessing "is she for real or not" is that most people tend to look at it as an either/or situation. Either she's completely batshit, over-the-top insane or she's a liberal doing brilliant Andy Kaufman-esque performance art. I don't think it's that black and white.

I've spent some time watching her youtube videos and her "talk show" and I've concluded it's a shtick, but that she's also a craven, manipulative bitch. It's one thing to parody a Teabagger by exaggerating their insanity; it's another to actually say the Sandy Hook murders were essentially the same thing as abortions, even if that's something those idiots are thinking and spewing.

She's an actress, and we can't lose sight of that. The dumb blonde act has always been her thing and she rarely broke character during the years she was in the spotlight. But no one THAT stupid survives on a show like SNL for six years. And what's a washed up, dumb blonde gymnast/actress supposed to do when she gets older, gains a little weight and no one is interested in hiring her? This is the way she's decided to try to stay in the spotlight and it has worked to an extent so far.

I've not heard of anyone actually outing her, but a few people have implied she's "exaggerating", most notably her liberal friend Joe Piscopo who says she's actually "a very nice person" and friendly with several gay actors. Don't know why they'd want to be friendly with her considering the despicable things she says about them, but maybe they know she's FOS.

It isn't an act. I chat with her neighbor and the stories she has told me. She is a tea-bagger who spouts off all the time, apparently. She is NUTS! and stupid.

If I believed that she's playing a role for fame and notoriety I think I'd find her even more despicable than I already do.

If I believed that she's playing a role for fame and notoriety I think I'd find her even more despicable than I already do.

Yes, it's one thing to play a despicable bigoted character. Think of Carroll O'Connor playing Archie Bunker on "All in the Family." But, it's quite another to do it in real life and have people take you seriously.

• 10 months later...

I don't think its an act - I think she's Michelle Bachmann-crazy.

The one I always feel sad about is the actress who played Maggie on Northern Exposure. She's a rabid conservative too and I find it depressing to think how much I loved the character she played. At least she had some acting talent. I never thought Victoria Jackson was particularly funny or talented.

I always liked Patricia Heaton and her character on Everybody Loves Raymond too, and was so disappointed to find out she's a right wingnut too. Now I can't and won't watch her any more.

I always liked Patricia Heaton and her character on Everybody Loves Raymond too, and was so disappointed to find out she's a right wingnut too. Now I can't and won't watch her any more.

I have a friend in L.A. who met Patricia at a book signing event for Louis Zamperini, a few years ago. He said that she was friendly to people who approached her. Based on that, I think she is the type of person that is pleasant to be around when politics or religion aren't brought up. I admit I liked Patricia on Everybody Loves Raymond and I also watched the first two seasons of The Middle and enjoyed the show I find it hard to watch shows or movies that Patricia does. She has said a lot of crazy things over the years. She is very much against embryonic stem cell research and she bashed Michael J. Fox for his support of it.

I don't think its an act - I think she's Michelle Bachmann-crazy.

The one I always feel sad about is the actress who played Maggie on Northern Exposure. She's a rabid conservative too and I find it depressing to think how much I loved the character she played. At least she had some acting talent. I never thought Victoria Jackson was particularly funny or talented.

I just looked up the actress who played Maggie because for some reason I thought it was Dana Delaney who played her.

It was Janine Turner apparently (she and Dana did look a bit alike).

Anyway, I got a chuckle out of her wikipedia page that says she dated Alec Baldwin once upon a time. Wow, her politics must have changed drastically since then! Or Alec's did.

Archived