IGNORED

Domestic Discipline

JennJenn

I am new and joined because of my fascination with the Maxwells, Bates, Duggars, etc. I had never heard of the Pearl's until someone mentioned them here and I started researching. Holy Mary. Whoa! However, I am a little confused. It has been said that they subscribe to the philosophy of Christian Domestic Discipline. I understand that this means you can basically chastise or "hit" your wife for her "wrongs." Am I correct? I am astonished that it is not called domestic violence and that it is actually being justified in some circles. WTF?!?!!

Am I understanding the term Christian Domestic Discipline correctly?

The Pearls aren't into Domestic Discipline or if they are, they don't admit it.

So she doesn't get hit with the plumbing wire only the kids?

Isn't domestic discipline a kink? Although, reading the Pearls and others, it doesn seems that they get off on the power they have when hitting kids. The detail the Pearls go into when describing the rituals of hitting their kids read like spanko fiction. It is sick.

There was a very long thread about this on the old website, but I only skimmed it so I don't remember any details. I'm pretty sure that the Pearls aren't part of it, but some fundies are. The consensus from people who actually practice consensual S&M is that it all sounds very sexual in nature and it's a real problem that it is not limited to consenting adults, but also forced onto people who don't want that lifestyle.

Debrand is correct. The Pearls have not endorsed "domestic discipline" and aren't known to practice it.

That said, I believe that there must be a psycho-sexual basis to their obsession with beating children.

I came across this one while doing research for a case. I don't know which (if any) of our fundie bloggers are into this stuff, but it sounds pretty whacked out just from what I found online. This site seems to be full of information:

www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

And there's apparently such a thing as CDD fiction? Now that sounds kinky!

I came across this one while doing research for a case. I don't know which (if any) of our fundie bloggers are into this stuff, but it sounds pretty whacked out just from what I found online. This site seems to be full of information:

http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

Yes, I found that website when I googled the topic as well and it all sounded rather kinky to me. It sounds like spanking with a Christian twist. Yeah, ok....um....yeah....

Christian Domestic Discipline is BDSM with Jesus attached. What most fundie families do is just abuse.

CDD is BDSM for fundies
the submissive is actually in control because they could utter the safe word and it would stop. something tells me that the wives don't have a safe word

the submissive is actually in control because they could utter the safe word and it would stop. something tells me that the wives don't have a safe word

Well, anyone smart practicing BDSM has a safe word, but that doesn't mean everyone does. If you look more closely at CDD -- which I admit to having done because the whole thing seems so crazy and therefore curious to me -- the majority of women seem to be spankos themselves. They just have to pretend not to like it because it doesn't fit their Christian worldview. While this was a relief to me because some of the things I read seemed, on their face, so horrifying, it is also pretty wrong, IMO. Bbecause it muddies the waters when there is a potential mismatch in sexual interests in a relationship and a man tries to force his wife into going along -- which is so, so gross. Unlike regular consensual BDSM.

Just admit you like Jesus and a little recreational bondage and beating, and get on with your life.

Guest Anonymous

http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

The forum at the above site used to be open to anyone that registered. That was around 4ish years ago and I admit I joined it so I could browse the crazy. There were a lot of wives and girlfriends on there that were just hankering for their headships to give them a good trip to the woodshed, but the dude wasn't into it. Like some of our submissive fundie wives, they were the ones dragging the men into the lifestyle.

On the flipside, there were a few women posting about being scared and upset about spankings for minor transgressions or because their husbands were giving them "maintenance spankings" every day even if they hadn't done anything wrong. I really wanted to tell them to get the hell out, but I never had the courage to post anything. Not too long after I'd begun reading the forum they threw everyone out that wasn't a regular poster.

The whole thing was a big disturbing trainwreck. Some of the spanking stories read like erotica and some of them read like police reports.

Personally I would kick the snot out of a partner that tried to spank me for having a bad attitude, burning their dinner, whatever. That's fine for consenting people role playing in the bedroom, or consenting people anywhere, but for fuck's sake admit it's BDSM and have a safe word. And if someone is scared and doesn't want to play, and gets hit anyway, it is domestic violence.

wow, i forgot about this!

i guess i should dust off my low-rider crotchless pantaloons. it's been a while since i asked my husband to beat my ass in the name of the lord.

i shall purpose to stay sweet as i take my holy licks.

The forum at the above site used to be open to anyone that registered. That was around 4ish years ago and I admit I joined it so I could browse the crazy. There were a lot of wives and girlfriends on there that were just hankering for their headships to give them a good trip to the woodshed, but the dude wasn't into it. Like some of our submissive fundie wives, they were the ones dragging the men into the lifestyle.

On the flipside, there were a few women posting about being scared and upset about spankings for minor transgressions or because their husbands were giving them "maintenance spankings" every day even if they hadn't done anything wrong. I really wanted to tell them to get the hell out, but I never had the courage to post anything. Not too long after I'd begun reading the forum they threw everyone out that wasn't a regular poster.

The whole thing was a big disturbing trainwreck. Some of the spanking stories read like erotica and some of them read like police reports.

Personally I would kick the snot out of a partner that tried to spank me for having a bad attitude, burning their dinner, whatever. That's fine for consenting people role playing in the bedroom, or consenting people anywhere, but for fuck's sake admit it's BDSM and have a safe word. And if someone is scared and doesn't want to play, and gets hit anyway, it is domestic violence.

Yes, this. I've wondered how much of this is actually consensual.

Archived