IGNORED

Head Trauma = No big deal when you've got souls to worry

Koala

I saw a kid on a bike get hit by a car right before Christmas. Not sure if he made it or not, but he did have a helmet on thankfully.

Her post is so stupid. 1. How hard is it for your kids to wear helmets. 2. Why blog about this??? I don't eat five servings of fruits & veggies every day, and sometimes I don't wear a seatbelt....but I sure as heck don't write about it on my blog like it's a badge of honor to be an idiot.

And the "oh big bad CPS come catch me" tease is so irritating. She wants to adopt, she should know that CPS exists for a reason and the vast majority of the time they're trying to do the best for the kids. But clearly she doesn't give a damn about children anyway. Gah. She's awful.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy fuck. I had a long day and did not think I had much energy left for blinding, irrational anger. But that damn country song did it even more than dumbass Kendal. Goddamn it, some things should not stay the same. Stop romanticizing child abuse and intolerance. The fact that we expect people to protect their children from bodily harm now - which includes both dressing them in protective gear and, you know, NOT BEATING THEM - is good. It is progress.

It reminds me of my advisor, a white man, waxing poetic about how there was "so much more freedom" in the early 60s. I thought: Really? In the 60s? Before Roe? Before civil rights? Before widespread desegregation? Back when the chance of my being his advisee would have been much lower? More freedom? For whom?

tumblr_m4hg6bYly91rrswwxo1_400.png

I used to think helmets were silly, I will admit it. But after dealing with the aftermath of a TBI in my husband, our kids will wear them now.

:lol: Of course I was thinking of Wile E Coyote when I typed that post, even hearing it in his voice!

I also admit I thought helmets were a bit much, since I survived without them. But then I had kids.

Her post is so stupid. 1. How hard is it for your kids to wear helmets. 2. Why blog about this??? I don't eat five servings of fruits & veggies every day, and sometimes I don't wear a seatbelt....but I sure as heck don't write about it on my blog like it's a badge of honor to be an idiot.

And the "oh big bad CPS come catch me" tease is so irritating. She wants to adopt, she should know that CPS exists for a reason and the vast majority of the time they're trying to do the best for the kids. But clearly she doesn't give a damn about children anyway. Gah. She's awful.

Kendal should probably understand CPS better than anyone. She's already had them called on her once, after she and her husband administered an all-day beating training session to their oldest daughter. Unfortunately CPS told her she has the right to spank her kids all day, and I'm pretty sure she'd already broken the little girl :(

The other pre K teacher I work with has a student with a TBI, though I don't know how she attained it. N is five and requires physical, occupational, and speech therapy. She only fully potty trained this year, and she often has major emotional meltdowns. N is a determined little girl with a great personality, but she struggles a lot, as does her family.

Without seatbelts, my husband would be dead. Full stop. Anyone who doesn't wear their seatbelt is a moron.

Kendal is a fucking idiot. Actually, she is an arrogant fucking idiot, which is a dangerous combination.

I'm no child and I ride bike a lot and have been doing so for a long time, I'm very attentive, and I ride with a helmet. I don't like riding on roads so I stay and the bike trails. The trail right behind my apartment is fairly isolated, though it does cross some small ally-way like roads, and I rarely see cars. Last summer I was riding my bike. As I approached one of the intersections with one of the ally-way like roads, my front wheel hit something on the trail. It caused my to inadvertently swerve to stay upright and I swerved right into a puddle, which was when I saw the car coming in the cross-road. My wheels and break were wet and I couldn't stop before I got to the intersection, the car wasn't able to stop. Somehow I swerved away in front of his car off into the grass. I came within less then 2 feet of getting hit. It can happen to anyone, anytime.

Kendal is a fucking idiot.

Bikes are tricky. You don't need to be hit by a car or even be going real fast to suffer a head injury. Just the fact that you ride them on solid concrete or something similar is the danger. My kids enjoyed wearing their bike helmets when they were little, I had a hard time getting my son to take his off even in the house! It was part of the experience for them I guess, since they didn't know any other way. When they got older my son stopped riding altogether, my daughter rides occasionally around her neighborhood and used to ride around her college town. She didn't always wear a helmet but as an adult who lives away from home there isn't much I can say or do but I did my part.

In my entire adult life I have never driven a car without wearing a seatbelt and don't plan to. I also never drive people who aren't buckled. Occasinally my mom has trouble when we put multiple people in a car and trys to tell me not to worry about it, to just go anyway and she will "hold the belt across her lap" as if that's going to do anything. I never let that happen.

I let my children play with matches because I played with matches as a kid and I turned out just fine. Sure we had a couple of little fires but nothing to write home about. Kids used to play with matches all the time. They had candles in their rooms and fires in the fireplace with no guard. What has changed over the past 100 years to suddenly make fire unsafe? We only play with matches as a family so it's totally safe.

:clap:

Whenever "the good old days were better" crap comes up, I can't help imagining generation after generation carrying on like this, all the way back to Og in his cave, ranting "When I was a child, nobody reminded us to stay in the cave when the Saber Tooth Tiger was hunting, and here I am!"

Oh, and I always think of this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkqivn ... T62IleReSo

We liked it!

This is so frustratingly irritating! I have two tragic bike related head injury stories:

When I was in 4th grade a boy in my class fell off his bike and got a traumatic brain injury. He was out of school for a year while recovering, and when he came back to school he was put into special ed. He went from athletic and one of the smart kids in the class to barely able to walk, write, read, talk. It was terrible.

My husband's uncle was a brilliant physicist, a college professor with a phD at a prestigious university and enjoyed traveling the world. He had a great life. He was an avid biker and he was hit by a car and suffered a brain injury and lost everything. He was never the same again, he went from living this amazing life to living like a child with his brother. About 10 years later he developed a brain tumor in the exact spot of his brain injury. I am not 100% sure it was related to the injury, but it sure seems like a wacky coincidence if it wasn't. He died a terrible painful death after battling brain cancer for quite awhile.

Listen all of you Jingerites! You didn't understand a word of Kendal's profound missive!!!! It is not about helmets at all!

knowsbest.com/2013/03/the-whys.htm

Christ ahorse, what a braindead couple this is. We already knew they are not the sharpest tools in the shed and that's fine, but don't pretend that you are and make yourself the laughingstock of the entire blog/snarkcommunity. She is right about one thing though, college has been a complete waste of time for this particular dynamic duo.

I'm sure the adoption agency would love to know about her cavalier attitude about child safety. Heartless bitch.

I hope the agency hear about this. In this time and age, it should be considered neglet what she is doing. I think thatvshe really does not care about te well-being of her children.

And in the comments she's all, "Well why don't runners wear helmets, too, if they're so important?" (paraphrased)

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because runners don't move as fast, fall or crash as hard, or share the road with cars as often? Come on, Kendal. The defensiveness about the helmets is distracting people from your alleged real point just as much as the original cavalier attitude.

Since when can't a parent pay attention to both a child's physical safety and his or her spiritual life?

And I love the one comment (from Danielle I think) about knowing scads and scads of parents who insist their child wear a helmet, but then lets the same child eat only "nuggets" and get up at 4:30 a.m.!!!

She sees this "often"!!!!

Damn Danielle, you sure know a lot of "bad" parents, don't you?

Since when can't a parent pay attention to both a child's physical safety and his or her spiritual life?

And I love the one comment (from Danielle I think) about knowing scads and scads of parents who insist their child wear a helmet, but then lets the same child eat only "nuggets" and get up at 4:30 a.m.!!!

She sees this "often"!!!!

Damn Danielle, you sure know a lot of "bad" parents, don't you?

That's Daniel, who is btw Kendal's husband.

Dynamic Duo my ass. If they combined their knowledge, these two couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag :roll:

Kendal:

As far as helmets, why don't runners where them?

It's "wear" not "where".

Kendal:

What's the difference..

Some of us would throw in a ? here. You know, for fun.

BTW, I don't typically criticize spelling, but when someone insist on homeschooling their children I expect them to know little things like the difference between "where and "wear". In one of their adoption things they put "new" where they should have put "knew". These children need a real teacher and a real school.

Dynamic Duo my ass. If they combined their knowledge, these two couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag :roll:

I meant it ironically ;)

and it continues:

i often wonder when people are afraid to leave their "real" name if it is in fact some one i know...

someone

The moment you speak a hard truth you will always get the "your being judgmental" label.

you're

Again, I wouldn't say anything if this lady wasn't denying her children a decent education.

My youngest son, now 21, had a pretty serious bike crash when he was about 13 and broke his collarbone. The only thing he had to say was, "good thing I was wearing my helmet, 'cause it cracked almost in half and I wouldn't want that to be my head." Interestingly, neither of my children grew up to be alcoholics or drug addicts. Kendal is an idiot.

Ah. I just assumed it was one of her leg humpers. Well that makes sense that it would be Mr. Kendal.

She states in the recent post that she and her husband hate mediocrity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: belly laughs!

Also, she was a complacent parent with their first-born and occasionally still sees the bad fruit of that season :roll: :?

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. You meant what ironically?

Dynamic duo :D :D

Dynamic duo :D :D

Oh :lol: I was talking about her reference :)

*side note* I can't imagine referring to my husband and myself as a "dynamic duo".

Archived