IGNORED

Attended a Maxwell Conference yesterday

marywrathers

Only if he IS your equal...one Y chromosome does not a better make.

The I think that the Y chromosome is just a broken X chromosome. Somehow, one of the bottom legs got cut off.

The I think that the Y chromosome is just a broken X chromosome. Somehow, one of the bottom legs got cut off.

That is kind of awesome.

You have been buying Duggar and Maxwell books for quite some time, were interested enough in their contents to attend a conference just yesterday and were impressed enough to buy yet another book, and today you're ready to throw them all out because we here at FJ don't agree with them?

If you are genuine you need to start thinking for yourself and stop being so mind blowingly gullible.

That said, I don't believe that anybody who has read that amount of Maxwell and Duggar material would wear tight jeans to a Maxwell event and be surprised that they felt uncomfortable in them.

I sent this in PM as well:

The Maxwell way of life is not what Jesus wanted for us. Jesus does not call us to have no friends and live an isolated life to be more holy. Jesus never said that sports are evil and an idol. Jesus treated women as equals. Jesus never said that watching a movie was evil. Jesus would not edit people's words to make them say something completely opposite what they actually said, but still leave their name on it. Jesus had nothing to say about your jeans, or your shoes. Jesus never said dresses only. Jesus never said to break your children's spirits. Here is what Jesus did say:

But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together. One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ “This is the great and foremost commandment. “The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ “On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:34-40)

I urge you to read your Bible and decide for yourself and your family what is appropriate based on what JESUS said, not what some blowhard in a bus says.

*cough* troll *cough*

That's my initial thought but I'm just getting started on this thread.

I've read the Duggar books and something by the Maxwells and have never seen either of them actually use the word "defrauding". Yet the OP uses it, questioning whether the Maxwells thought her clothes were defrauding. I call B.S. We at FJ know about the word "defrauding" because it is mentioned on a single episode of 19 Kids and Counting and it is taught in Gothardism, which many of us are familiar with. The O.P. claims to only know about the Duggars and the Maxwells through their own publications, yet she can use "defrauding" correctly in a sentence. This is a fake post for sure.

I guess you could say I am young. My mom resides in a nursing home. My father is not really in my life much (mom and dad divorced when I was younger). So, I am married and have young children. I'm trying to figure out the best ways to raise my family. I'm searching, reading, researching, finding, looking, learning, etc. But, I feel like I kind of entered a trap recently with the whole Maxwell stuff. I feel caught up in it all. I feel like I'm trying to copy the Duggars and Maxwells (some aspects).

I spoke to my neighbor about it today (about the conference and parenting and trying to find my way, etc.). He spoke a lot about confidence. He listens to classic rock and roll (what I grew up on). His children are not isolated (they go to public school and are all karate champs). They are friendly and happy people, and they are really strict or cut off from society like the Maxwells. So, there is hope!

I need to do what one poster said on here - follow my heart, and what another poster said on here - turn to the Bible.

It's bathtime for the kiddos, so I don't know when I will be back on here, but thank you to everyone for your input and help. It is appreciated!

In my opinion fundies are so obsessed with following the man-made rules and standards than actually following Christ. I think it's pretty ironic because they end up acting more like the religious Pharisees that Christ preached against. They're not aiming to be like Jesus, they're trying to be pious by their communities standards. They feel very proud of themselves for it too which is where the smug/arrogance comes in. They believe they've chosen the "higher standard" for life (and have said so!) They say things like "this is our personal conviction" to wear skirts/homeschool/shelter/not date but really it's their way of erasing God's grace for us and trying to earn favor. The skirts really get me. Pants didn't even exist in biblical times yet they proclaim them to be pleasing to God. The scriptures literally say that a person's heart is what matters not their clothes. They've made their own God to worship and it's not Jesus. I think they're fans of the idea of Jesus but they don't really follow him and enjoy his grace. I think they just use Him as an excuse to manipulate and control their community. If you want to raise your family to be Christians the only literature you need is the bible. If you feel drawn to follow Christ, these groups are not going to be the ones to point you towards him.

I've read the Duggar books and something by the Maxwells and have never seen either of them actually use the word "defrauding". Yet the OP uses it, questioning whether the Maxwells thought her clothes were defrauding. I call B.S. We at FJ know about the word "defrauding" because it is mentioned on a single episode of 19 Kids and Counting and it is taught in Gothardism, which many of us are familiar with. The O.P. claims to only know about the Duggars and the Maxwells through their own publications, yet she can use "defrauding" correctly in a sentence. This is a fake post for sure.

The Duggars have used the term defrauding on their TV show before.

That was the bat signal for me....

Awww, sweety you need a hug and a cleanse. I have never attended their conferences, but appears they are selling a lifestyle that is not meant for everyone. If you are creating a Christian lifestyle for yourself, the Bible is sufficient. I'm sure the maxwells and duggars offer a few ideas that can improve you, but take it as a grain of salt. Too many people hold them as a god and try to live up to their ideal of living. Believe me, they can't maintain their own ideal of living, so take what he said with a very small grain of salt and seek God and bible for what is best for you.

I really don't think they do.

Anyway, this troll flounced quickly.

I too believed this woman was a troll. I just don't understand why anyone would go to a Maxwell conference & believe the crap that they say!!

they are mostly preaching to regular fundies who want to be fundier...not that hard of a leap to make to max ways if you are 75% there in your mind and lifestyle already.

Guest Anonymous

My hunch is that trolly troll may be Mrs Mari, who always seemed to be quite ambivalent about the Maxwells, slagging them off here, while sucking up to them IRL. The troll registered on Aug 7th which is within days of Queen Mother and Dowager Duchess being banned for sock puppetry. It seems possible that she may have registered from a different IP address around that time, but not actually had a need to use the account until Alectogate happened and the board was shut down to unregistered users. The trolly backstory could be partly based on (Mrs Mari's niece?) Elle who is of a similar demographic grouping as "Mary".

As another FJer noticed recently, Mrs Mari has started posting again on the Titus2 blog. Maybe her alter-ego needed an outlet too....? :D

[/conspiracy theory]

My hunch is that trolly troll may be Mrs Mari, who always seemed to be quite ambivalent about the Maxwells, slagging them off here, while sucking up to them IRL. The troll registered on Aug 7th which is within days of Queen Mother and Dowager Duchess being banned for sock puppetry. It seems possible that she may have registered from a different IP address around that time, but not actually had a need to use the account until Alectogate happened and the board was shut down to registered users. The trolly backstory could be partly based on (Mrs Mari's niece?) Elle who is of a similar demographic grouping as "Mary".

As another FJer noticed recently, Mrs Mari has started posting again on the Titus2 blog. Maybe her alter-ego needed an outlet too....? :D

[/conspiracy theory]

May this is already known, but I noticed a Mrs Mari commenting on the davidlovespriscilla blog.

If you feel that you lack the knowledge or discernment or motivation to set your own spiritual path, let me suggest going to a church led by an ordained minister with training in theology and divinity, and with a transparent, participatory system of governance. Churches affiliated with the United Church of Christ tend to be sound and welcoming to people raised in different religious traditions.

This. Not to sound dismissive, but we are a snark forum. Many of the posters are not Christians. We're not set up to help you answer some of the spiritual questions you have and if you are not trolling, I think talking to a (real) minister would help you sort out a lot of your spiritual concerns better than a bunch of (possibly non-Christian) strangers on the internet. ETA: We can provide info on the dangers of the Maxwells' and Duggars' beliefs, but I assume most posters are simply not trained to help you with spiritual discernment.

Guest Anonymous

May this is already known, but I noticed a Mrs Mari commenting on the davidlovespriscilla blog.

Yup, I have seen her a couple of places recently and noticed that she has opened a new Google profile that allows her to comment where an ID is required, but it no longer links to her blog. blogger.com/profile/09680606625436297281

She has posted at Rebecca's blog in the last couple of weeks, and she was asking about the Kleins.

so marywrather, i was at the conference and i did not see anyone in a bright pink jacket and tight jeans. if you were there, which i doubt, on what side of the church was their bus parked and which way was it facing? and what did the big sign inside the door say?

Guest Anonymous
so marywrather, i was at the conference and i did not see anyone in a bright pink jacket and tight jeans. if you were there, which i doubt, on what side of the church was their bus parked and which way was it facing? and what did the big sign inside the door say?

I thought you didn't go in because you were offended by the toothless hillbillies?

My hunch is that trolly troll may be Mrs Mari, who always seemed to be quite ambivalent about the Maxwells, slagging them off here, while sucking up to them IRL. The troll registered on Aug 7th which is within days of Queen Mother and Dowager Duchess being banned for sock puppetry. It seems possible that she may have registered from a different IP address around that time, but not actually had a need to use the account until Alectogate happened and the board was shut down to unregistered users. The trolly backstory could be partly based on (Mrs Mari's niece?) Elle who is of a similar demographic grouping as "Mary".

I was thinking along this line too.

Archived