IGNORED

M Baby Names For Smugger And Anna -MERGE

ljohnson2006

Julie/Julia

Jim Bob has wanted a Julie for so long that I don't think he would allow the potential last child to get any other name, in fear of never being able to use it. Then again, I was surprised when Jubilee and Josie weren't named Julie. Jichelle would choose "Julia" instead of "Julie" just to exercise control and be a total bitch.

Yeah, I don't get the feeling JimBob gets much of a say in anything.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that they don't use the name Matthew. My son's name is Matthew, and it just makes me cringe to think that they'll have a Matthew too. I know that sounds odd, but that's just how I feel, ya know? :pray:

I like Julie if JimBob and Michelle had another baby, but I kind of hope they don't.

Do we know what Josh is having?

I like Julie if JimBob and Michelle had another baby, but I kind of hope they don't.

Do we know what Josh is having?

It has been announced to People Magazine that it is a boy.

I think it was a fat joke -- "Anna's having a boy, now what's Josh having?" It took me a minute too.

Poor Mikayla (the one who obsessively posted on Josh's Twitter and Instagram, begging him to name the baby after her). She must be crushed.

Of course, we don't know for sure, since I think she was eventually blocked from both sites.

It has probably been said by now but Josh confirmed on his twitter account that they were:

"Excited & blessed to welcome another blessing from the Lord! We have 1 'big' girl & she'll now have 2 lil bros to lookout for her! "

Poor M1, she's already seen as a M'slave ...

Poor Kenzie. Did God give Smugger and Anna their Howlers early in the line up? That'd be the opposite of what he did to J'Chelle and Boob. Maybe that's a sign from God that Anna and Smugger should stop at three kids.

I have a 3 month old daughter named Madison- but I got her name from the guy on Million Dollar Listing on Bravo (and because all my kids have city names, unintentional but we have been going with it) so it could very well be a boy's name, but J+A would probably never use it since it's typically a ~girl's name and heaven forbid their manly men have anything feminine about them.

I'm definitely thinking Mark or Matthew, I considered Mason but doubt they'd go for such a cool name. They'd probably spell it Maysyn or Maisin.

Oh and 3 kids 3 and under- I sympathize a teeny bit for her. I literally am in the exact same shoes, married young, 3 3 and under, almost mid twenties, but am not a fundy (anymore) and truly feel our family is complete. I see them having more though, it must be hard to be the DIL to Michelle and NOT want a big family. I feel like she (Anna) can't feel any other way about it, at least not publicly.

And I echo- poor Mackynzie.

I have a 3 month old daughter named Madison- but I got her name from the guy on Million Dollar Listing on Bravo (and because all my kids have city names, unintentional but we have been going with it) so it could very well be a boy's name, but J+A would probably never use it since it's typically a ~girl's name and heaven forbid their manly men have anything feminine about them.

I'm definitely thinking Mark or Matthew, I considered Mason but doubt they'd go for such a cool name. They'd probably spell it Maysyn or Maisin.

Oh and 3 kids 3 and under- I sympathize a teeny bit for her. I literally am in the exact same shoes, married young, 3 3 and under, almost mid twenties, but am not a fundy (anymore) and truly feel our family is complete. I see them having more though, it must be hard to be the DIL to Michelle and NOT want a big family. I feel like she (Anna) can't feel any other way about it, at least not publicly.

And I echo- poor Mackynzie.

I love Madison from Million Dollar Listing! Fortunately, he got out of Pepperdine U relatively unscathed. I have no idea how strict they are, but IIRC, they are affiliated with the Church of Christ.

michelle- josh, jana, john david

anna- mack, mike, m pee 3

same difference. it will only get dicey for mack if the next in line is another boy.

It's a boy? Poor Mack :(

Mhari

That goes with the theme of screwing with Scottish names, like they did with Mackynzie, as I doubt they know the Mh is pronounced V. Along similar lines I'd suggest Meredyth or Madyson for their next girl, as they, like MacKenzie, are both traditionally male names, and I find it incredibly ironic that they unwittingly gave their daughter a name meaning "son of Kenneth", considering how clearly they value boys over girls in that family.

For a boy, Matthew, because it's one of Josh's siblings middle names, this being the family that gave one kid his father's first name, which was also his older brother's middle name AND gave two kids the same middle name, which was also the father's middle name. This, as well as the Jana/Joy-Anna/Johannah, is why I don't think Michael's name is a reason for them not to call another girl Michelle.

I really hope they stop with the theme naming, though. It treats the children as a collection, or part of a set, rather than individuals. Which IMO is the real reason the Duggars gave all their kids J names, rather than because they were afraid of leaving anyone out; there's no way they thought Jill, born when Jichelle was 25 and Dim Bulb 26, was going to be their last baby if they weren't using contraception.

I can imagine them having two boys right after each other named Moses and Mosiah

Edited because its after, not aer

This thread keeps reminding me of the family from Tom and Trix Plus Six (a parody of Jon and Kate plus 8, from when that was still a thing, done using The Sims). Trix did a Wife Swap with the mother of seventeen children (a Michelle Duggar parody). All the kids in that family had "M" names:

Matthew, Mary Martha, Mark, Mary Miriam, Mary Lydia, Mary Mariah, Michael, Malachi, Mary Bethel, Mordecai, Methusael, Methuselah, Micah, Malchus, Moses, Mary Rachel, and Mary Rhoda

Later, they have an eighteenth: Merry Christmas Moesha

That should be enough to keep Smuggar and Anna going for a while.

Here's the first of four posts about them (3 parts plus the Christmas Special): http://tomandtrix.blogspot.com/2008/06/ ... ouses.html

This thread keeps reminding me of the family from Tom and Trix Plus Six (a parody of Jon and Kate plus 8, from when that was still a thing, done using The Sims). Trix did a Wife Swap with the mother of seventeen children (a Michelle Duggar parody). All the kids in that family had "M" names:

Matthew, Mary Martha, Mark, Mary Miriam, Mary Lydia, Mary Mariah, Michael, Malachi, Mary Bethel, Mordecai, Methusael, Methuselah, Micah, Malchus, Moses, Mary Rachel, and Mary Rhoda

Later, they have an eighteenth: Merry Christmas Moesha

That should be enough to keep Smuggar and Anna going for a while.

Here's the first of four posts about them (3 parts plus the Christmas Special): http://tomandtrix.blogspot.com/2008/06/ ... ouses.html

This reminds me of Marie Antoinette, whose birth name was Maria Antonia. Her mother was Maria Theresa and she had several sisters, all called Maria X. Apparently her family called her Antonia.

I have the perfect name for when they have a girl. Mary for Grandma and Sue to honor Anna's mother. That will give us MarySue which really is the perfect name for a fundie girl.

They announced in June that they are expecting again? Ooooookay.

:?

I'm in for Malachi or Matthew.

I have a family member called Mason Matthew and his parents are pretty smug as well. I'm not sure why Mason has been as popular as it has with Christians though.

Wow, that would be a gestation on par with Dede's.

I think Mason is just popular in general.

Archived