IGNORED

M Baby Names For Smugger And Anna -MERGE

ljohnson2006

Actually Mitt is a nickname for Willard. (Like that doesn't sound like a rich, white guy).

I vote for McGonagall, but only if we see footage of Josh at the golden arches trying to order one. :lol:

I'm always fascinated by nicknames that TOTALLY have nothing in the world to do with the original given name. I'm totally fascinated. Like Pepe for Jose. Really?! Pedro would make sense. But Jose?!

As to the name:

I suppose somewhere along the line a Michelle is coming up, out of respect, and Matthew is a gorgeous name for a boy. So far they have picked really nice names for their babies. Too bad Josh is the father. Madison is a "cool" name for either a boy or a girl. I think they'll go with hip names more than often.

BTW, I bought a shoe mitt one of these days and I almost snickered because I was thinking of Romney.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Mariah (a Gaelic variant of Mary) or Melody (music, song) for a girl? Possibly with crazy spellings?

I do believe they will stick with Matthew, Mark, etc., if it is a boy.

How about Mara for a girl. It's biblical and just so happens to mean "bitter". Which is what I would be if I was born early in the line of a fundie quiver

I've said it before and I'll say it again --

Marilyn Manson Duggar.

But only if it's a boy.

You are crazy. Cray-zee!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about M&Ms? For a gir? And Mninem for a boy. mm-yellow-onesie.jpg

I think that Mary may be a bit too Catholic for them so they might go with the Hebrew Miriam bit with a random y thrown in like, Myriam, Miryam or for good measure Myryam.

I know a Miryam, but since it's transliterated from Hebrew there's really no wrong way to do it.

How about Mara for a girl. It's biblical and just so happens to mean "bitter". Which is what I would be if I was born early in the line of a fundie quiver

In the same line of though: Melancholia

Crossing my fingers for Malachai so we can make "Children of the Corn" jokes.

Or Manna because that's Josh's favorite part of the bible.

If I had another daughter, I would have named her Mariel, it seems so melodic to me.

I just had a brain flash, how about Maxwell, to honor their friends.

Or Manna because that's Josh's favorite part of the bible.

Is it really, or are you just joking because it's about free food falling from the sky? :lol:

oh,i think it is a beautiful name and would name a daughter that...but I was kind of being snarky. look up the name ;) only I typed marie instead of mary by accident :oops:

The only one that would anger me is Meredith

If you don't mind me asking, why would Meredith anger you? Did I miss something, or...?

With the name, I agree with everyone who said Matthew or Madison. I could see Anna going with a variation on Megan, too.

I think that if any of the kids are going to name a baby after their grandmother, it won't be Josh. I don't know who all she's closest to, but I imagine one of the younger kids (hell, or even Amy) might.

Anybody say Muncheechee yet? Works for a boy or a girl.

I had one of those! They were adorbs!

l.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Morocco for a girl OR boy (with the accompanying announcement that Smuggar is a huge Mariah Carey fan)

Smuggar couldn't find the Kingdom of Morocco on a world map to save his life.

In the same line of though: Melancholia

I vote no M names. I think Josh should show that he is the man of his own house and just choose different names.

Archived