IGNORED

IBLP has a new FB page.

MerryHappy

In the poll asking when people "accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior," I typed, "Never, and I'm none the worse for it." Expecting bannination in 3...2...1...

You're up to 16 likes! The IBLPers who are supposed to be monitoring the Facebook page are going to have ome serious explaining to do...

So the "Never and none the worse for it" comment is still up. I am soooooo tempted to post, "Can't. I'm Jewish." on the when did you accept Jesus question...

Maybe I'll do it from my fake facebook.

(BTW, this is my first post ever. I've been lurking for a while, and I missed the snark too much to stay unregistered.)

Me too :)

Or, maybe IBLP is evil due to its association with FB. :o kidding

IBLP doesn't need to associate with FB to be evil. I so wish it would be better know that the Duggars are paying members of an abusive cult so all their fans and the people who think that they are a nice family would see the light.

Love this very subtle bit of snark:

Quote: "Jonathan Owens: Thanks for the offer Robert, but a trip to Chicago to clean up a few cardboard boxes seems like a poor use of resources on my part. I am attempting to work even more diligently on my own paying job in order to provide for my wife and six children. I think at this point in time in the life of my family it would not be wise to make the drive from PA to Chicago. I did enjoy the short conversation of grace in another thread in this new page!!! Keep up the good work!".

Mr. Owens posted this after they suggested that he come and help clear the boxes out of their server room.

Hane, you're up to 17 likes!!!II!! Those IBLPERS are so busy praying for you that they've forgotten to delete your comment.

Check out the threads on Zach from the IT team. Stylin'!

Love this very subtle bit of snark:

Quote: "Jonathan Owens: Thanks for the offer Robert, but a trip to Chicago to clean up a few cardboard boxes seems like a poor use of resources on my part. I am attempting to work even more diligently on my own paying job in order to provide for my wife and six children. I think at this point in time in the life of my family it would not be wise to make the drive from PA to Chicago. I did enjoy the short conversation of grace in another thread in this new page!!! Keep up the good work!".

Mr. Owens posted this after they suggested that he come and help clear the boxes out of their server room.

Is "Jonathan Owens" an incognito Freejingerite?

Is "Jonathan Owens" an incognito Freejingerite?

I dunno, but if he should be reading this, I hope he knows that he'd be welcome here.

I'm so tempted to create another FB account and "pretend" to be a fan. But, I'm afraid, I won't be able to contain my contempt for very long and will end up being banned.

I'm interested in this comment -

James Throckmorton At 13 at an ALERT Cadet camp! What a great (and important) time in my life!

I wonder what kind of "persuasion" goes on at those camps to get naughty teens to give up and accept christ?

I wrote that they were in a cult and they were crazy and my post did disappear quickly. I was tired and couldn't think of anything FJ clever at that moment.

Found another gem on there this morning:

"Wes Keith Re: Work/Career

Here's some things I've learned...

I used to sometimes find myself asking permission a lot on things... I guess I acted at times more like a kid than an employee. My employer doesn't want a yes man. But someone who can think for themselves. This was an adjustment to my mindset that I should simply agree with my authorities on everything.

I used to find myself thinking my authorities are always right... Yet that isn't the real world. Sometimes people make mistakes and wow they actually admit them. It was refreshing.

It is also interesting because I've found "No" doesn't always mean no. People are willing to give reasons why something should be done a certain way. Or I, on the other hand, need to keep pushing if I want to be heard.

I've also found that while I was taught to let others praise me, in the real world, if I don't toot my own horn nobody notices.

While I was taught that people are more important than projects, in the real world, deadlines are important.

Wearing a smile is not always appropriate in the real world. If I'm trying to get my boss to take me seriously, more often than not having a goofy smile on my face doesn't always help."

This post is still there after more than 20 hours.

VESSELS OF HONOR??????? And it's full of pictures of young ladies??????

Maybe they thought that "Gothard's Wank Bank" was a bit of an inappropriate name.

I'm reminded of Lois Lowry's new dystopian novel, Son, in which "vessel" is the term used for young women selected to be "birth mothers" for their community.

There is A WOMAN on the IT team! Wow!

I feel I should ask why Emily isn't at home raising babies.

Maybe she's one of Mr Gothard's 'special helpers'. :puke-front:

Hane's comment is *still* there (28 likes--you rule!), and has even been joined by similar sentiments fom Alice Malice.

I would post there as well, but am too lazy to create a fake Facebook account.

Go Heathens!

The heck of it is, I felt the same way about the concept of "salvation" even when I was a devout Catholic. I could never see the logic of only getting into heaven if you'd "accepted Christ"--what about all the good animists/Buddhists/etc. in the world?

When I was a little kid in the '50s, there were a lot of TV shows about "the jungles of darkest Africa" and the cannibals who purportedly dwelt therein. (Gave me nightmares I can still remember!) I asked my mother whether cannibals would get into heaven. "Yes," she said, "because they don't know any better." Hence my formation as a situational ethicist and a Universalist.

I sum up my beliefs about divine judgment as "My God is smarter than your god."

• 2 weeks later...
Is this Facebook page already down? I'm not finding it. I'm finding the one from former members telling why they left.

No, it's still there, and so is Hane's comment to the "saved" poll--30 likes!

Do we "know" Amanda and Rodrigo who are being welcomed back from their honeymoon on the fb page? I'm looking now to see if they have a blog.

eta: and boom. Here's their wedding website complete with their love story. weddingwire.com/RodrigoandAmanda

edited again to add...odd, she went to college and she's wearing pants in one of the photos.

ugh I looked through it and the non-snark comments make me want to vomit. Under the picture of "Journey Ladies" some dumbass named Wes Keith commented: This picture reminds me of easter eggs. Such bright eyes! :). How eloquent.... :roll:

Do we "know" Amanda and Rodrigo who are being welcomed back from their honeymoon on the fb page? I'm looking now to see if they have a blog.

eta: and boom. Here's their wedding website complete with their love story. weddingwire.com/RodrigoandAmanda

edited again to add...odd, she went to college and she's wearing pants in one of the photos.

Wow, she is definitely into the nike clothing. There are photos of her in a sleveless dress and also in a tight shirt and jeans! How on earth did she get approved to work at the IBLP?

Also, OT but how does one style their hair to look like hers?

Archived