IGNORED

IBLP has a new FB page.

MerryHappy

facebook.com/basiclifeprinciples

It takes roughly 4 minutes to be banned if you say something less than flattering about the Institute.

:lol: The Pecan thief is the first picture. I imagine he is in charge of this lovely page?

Im so tempted to troll the page about how Gothard is supposed to be an expert on marriage and children, yet has neither, and also how he is a creepy old pervert who likes his interns the younger the better.

I swear I thought he had said FB was evil.

Interesting! Maybe the people who work for them said it would be get more people to listin to them.

In the poll asking when people "accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior," I typed, "Never, and I'm none the worse for it." Expecting bannination in 3...2...1...

I swear I thought he had said FB was evil.

god probably laid it on their hearts to reconsider to spread their message/snerk.

Is Gothard on FB? Because I would definitely appreciate the opportunity to tag him in things...

In the poll asking when people "accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior," I typed, "Never, and I'm none the worse for it." Expecting bannination in 3...2...1...

Still there an hour later, and I actually got Liked!

Yeah, the x-ATI crowd is watching the page pretty closely.

One guy posted a direct challenge to Gothard to contact him about the damage done to his family.

His comment was removed in about 20 minutes or so.

IBLP is so hated by former students that they will have to have a person whose full time job it is to delete negative comments. Or they will end up taking down the page and going back to FB being evil.

Emily really needed to fix the collar of her jacket. I just want to reach through the screen and fix it for her.

Yes, Bill Gothard has often expressed concerns with Facebook and IBLP encourages both parents and young people to be aware of the dangers that can result from Internet usage and to exercise wisdom and discretion in their use of social networking.

12 hours ago · Like

:lol:

I give this page 24 hours. There is a commenter Rachel who is delightfully giving them a polite hard time :lol:

If they just want the FB page to be a page about IBLP news, then they should have set it up to not allow comments from others, like the OMM page (though I don't think they can prevent comments on IBLP posts.)

Emily really needed to fix the collar of her jacket. I just want to reach through the screen and fix it for her.

Im sure Gothard will fix that for her

Is it me or is it quite hard to work out which comments on there are for real and which are just completely deadpan sarcasm? I really don't think this page can last long.

You now have 5 likes,. On the tab showing the young ladies at "Vessels of Honor"* (vomit) I wrote "My sincerest condolences to them". Let's see how long that lasts.

*Edited because it's not Vessels of Purity.

I'm one of the likes! :dance: I think I was the first.

six likes now, and right now the only comment that has not been edited...it appears.

However, my LOL moment was this gem about IBLP even having a a page: "What's next? Girls wearing pants and cutting their hair?"

Oh! Hi everyone, this is my first post, one of the long time lurkers, that was forced (kicking and screaming) out of the shadows, because I missed the snark way too much not to register!

You now have 5 likes,. On the tab showing the young ladies at "Vessels of Honor"* (vomit) I wrote "My sincerest condolences to them". Let's see how long that lasts.

*Edited because it's not Vessels of Purity.

VESSELS OF HONOR??????? And its full of pictures of young ladies??????

Maybe they thought that "Gothards Wank Bank" was a bit of an innapropriate name

Well, I've liked all the snarky comments and answered that I accepted Jesus as an adult. How long before I'm banned? :D I think my user name and avatar would be enough to get the axe.

Ha, I'm having fun reading the comments. It's like Ray Comfort's page, he banhammers anyone who cusses or blasphemes.

So the "Never and none the worse for it" comment is still up. I am soooooo tempted to post, "Can't. I'm Jewish." on the when did you accept Jesus question...

Maybe I'll do it from my fake facebook.

(BTW, this is my first post ever. I've been lurking for a while, and I missed the snark too much to stay unregistered.)

Interesting! Maybe the people who work for them said it would be get more people to listin to them.

Or, maybe IBLP is evil due to its association with FB. :o kidding

Archived