IGNORED

666 is WWW

katthevamp

I found this gem on my facebook today:

You guys you are going to think i am crazy but in the language the bible was actully written in 666. is actully WWW. and the internet is becomeing a required isue to survie such as finding a job finding homes etc i think its time will all stop useing the internet as a personal toy before we all get destracted by what is actully going on in the world So i am on strick with facebook now.

Just...ugh. This girl will believe any conspiracy theory given to her. When I googled it and found this: http://www.av1611.org/666/www_666.html and shared it, she tried to pretend that's not what the bible says.

You guys you are going to think i am crazy

No. Not at all. :?

Some people will believe anything that's presented to them, won't they?

You guys you are going to think i am crazy but in the language the bible was actully written in 666. is actully WWW. and the internet is becomeing a required isue to survie such as finding a job finding homes etc i think its time will all stop useing the internet as a personal toy before we all get destracted by what is actully going on in the world So i am on strick with facebook now.

Just...ugh. This girl will believe any conspiracy theory given to her. When I googled it and found this: http://www.av1611.org/666/www_666.html and shared it, she tried to pretend that's not what the bible says.

I'm on strick with facebook too!

:violence-guntoting: :violence-blades: :violence-hammer: :violence-guntoting: :violence-blades: :violence-hammer: :violence-guntoting: :violence-blades: :violence-hammer:

I'll show that facebook who's boss!

I'm on strick with facebook too!

:violence-guntoting: :violence-blades: :violence-hammer: :violence-guntoting: :violence-blades: :violence-hammer: :violence-guntoting: :violence-blades: :violence-hammer:

I'll show that facebook who's boss!

Guess who contacted me a day later by facebook?

Actually 666 most likely stands for Nero in Hebrew numerology, and the whole Book of Revelation is most likely about that time in Roman history and has precisely zero to do with anything happening today.

But why let Biblical scholarship get in the way of your exegesis?

I've heard of this also. I just don't get how easily these people fall for BS, but when presented with the facts, they just bury their heads up their arses. :?

Fun fact! (Or not):

I use SOTDRT in our homeschool. I give fundie posts to VooDooTeen to edit into proper English. :lol: I might have to cut back because the dumb just drives her mad, and I think too much exposure might actually be considered child abuse.

So she's using the Internet to tell everyone the Internet is evil and they should stop using it? SOTDRT fail. :doh:

You guys you are going to think i am crazy...

Nah. She seems very reasonable. She also uses spectacular grammar.

So she's using the Internet to tell everyone the Internet is evil and they should stop using it? SOTDRT fail. :doh:

The phrase "making a pact with the devil" springs to mind.

Between this place, Facebook and my email, I apparently sold my soul to the devil years ago. Oh well, it's warm and fiery in hell right? I may as well just stock up on marshmallows, graham crackers and Hershey bars and make S'Mores for all eternity... :twisted:

The WWW is 666 thing has been around forever; I remember hearing about it in high school, when the Internet was in it's infancy. There was also another one that had to do with http, but I can't remember what that was.

I've heard of this also. I just don't get how easily these people fall for BS, but when presented with the facts, they just bury their heads up their arses. :?

Reason, logic and factual evidence? Oh noes!

[As a side note - my personal FB feed is full of stuff like this. That's actually a big reason I joined FJ - to talk to others who see how ridiculous it is!]

Archived