• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
GenerationCedarchip

Fundie Ranks are Growing

GenerationCedarchip

I know lots of our favorite bloggers bemoan the fact that their children and grandchildren might leave the faith. However, I've noticed that most fundie congregations near me are actually growing - as are the fundie-lites for that matter. I wondered what was behind it and when I was talking to one of the pastors at my church (PC[uSA]), he said that it's actually something that gets a lot of comment in pastoral circles. He said that while many of the Asian immigrants who are Christian end up going to mainline or churches that we would call fundie-lite, there's actually been a large and growing trend of Hispanic immigrants leaving the Catholic Church and going pretty hardcore fundie.

Given how racist some of our favorite anaconda-hunting fundies seem to be, I wonder how that's going to play out.

gustava

That's interesting. I can't see too much mingling in the offing.

hearyoume08

Considering the fact I've heard people say that the southern Baptist and catholic official positions are to liberal, I can believe it. This should be very interesting.

thebestusername

hmm interesting indeed any report thats not anecdotal "no offense"

RosyDaisy

Here in my town two very fundie Churches of Christ are luring Hispanic/Latinos by having a special hour on Sundays for worship in Spanish. There is also a small predominantly Hispanic/Latino Church of Christ which is very fundie. My neighbor went one time to that church and said her family will stick with the Catholic Church.