IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Women Treated Better than Jews and Blacks

What about the poor girls who get sent to "Uncle Bob's" house for, oh, 10 months or so? Visit is never talked about again in Lori's circles -- that is definitely modern-day oppression of women but Lori, I'm sure, would say that feminism makes young girls horny and they end up misbehaving because they don't have a strong relationship with their headship. (He probably doesn't "train them up in the way they should go.")

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a man (says he's african american, wouldn't surprised me if he's a white 17-year-old troll) who comments on a blog I frequent this who claims this all the time. Women are whores (especially white women), they're the most catered-to group in the world, etc. I don't engage him in debate but I do sometimes fantasise about FJ tearing his 'logic' to shreds.

Lori is basically making identical erroneous statements here.

I can't believe she posted that thing - and it's still there, about an hour after it first appeared. I know other posters here probably brought up every point I kinda-sorta hid in my post, so obviously she didn't read those before deleting them or she would have seen what I did there.

I'm seriously...that is easily one of the dumbest things I have ever written. (Well, at least the dumbest thing I've ever written on purpose.) I basically said women's suffrage was worse than slavery and genocide. And Mrs. Delete posted it. I almost feel sorry-ish for her. Almost. But then I think, "Holy shit. She must agree with that."

I think it's hilarious she posted yours and it's still up. I do think she believes you are serious and even worse, she agrees.

My comment was:

"I read your blog often, but I am shocked by this one, mostly with this one line: Women were never treated like animals as the blacks and Jews were in the past.

This doesn't make sense because many Jews and blacks were women so women were treated as animals. I don't understand what you are trying to say here because you are right that white, upper class women did have some rights others did not and even white women in general had more rights than most. However, surely it cannot be denied that the poor, working class women and immigrant women and Jewish women during the Holocaust and black women or just non-white women in general did not have the same luxuries. Yet, you seem to be separating women and non-white and Jewish people as if they are separate categories and I do not understand why because women are still women no matter their race, right? Maybe I am misunderstanding?"

I really wanted to know why she separated the categories of gender and race because they do go together. There's not an "other" category. You are male or female no matter your race (Transgenders included because they identify as either male or female, not something else regardless of birth sex), so I want to know why Jewish and black women were not included because it's contradictory to say women were not treated as animals like Jewish and blacks, but there are obviously black and Jewish women, so if the Jewish and blacks were treated as animals, then logically by her statement (yes, I know, Lori and logic are antonyms) women have been treated as animals. I think Lori is clearly racist deep down, but she's not going to come out and just say "I see black and Jewish people as beneath me" just like she doesn't say she sees herself as above those in poverty or just much less well-off as she and her husband are, but it's obvious.

Charles Dickens tried to divorce his wife a few times. He also did some very unsavory things to try to offload her, I'm not sure if she was committed anywhere. She seems to have suffered from post natal depression, the physical effects of bearing and miscarrying many children, and her husband's rejection of her in favour of younger women. Quite the Victorian fairytale marriage so many fundies wax lyrical about.

She edited her post:

***To all you have sent me comments about black women being made to be slaves and beaten and Jewish women thrown into concentration camps, they were made to be slaves because they were black, not because they were women, and because they were Jews, not because they were women. I fail to understand how you can't understand the difference.

I fail to understand how anyone can be so willfully ignorant, Lori.

I can believe that, as I read once that during some of the witch hunt periods, there were villages that no longer had any women by the time the hysteria was over. That's because they had all been accused of being witches, which resulted in them being burned at the stake. If you think about it, it was easy for a man to get rid of a wife who refused to be submissive by accusing her of witchcraft.

Burning was the punishment for heresy, not witchcraft. Nobody was burned at the stake for being a witch.

Burning was the punishment for heresy, not witchcraft. Nobody was burned at the stake for being a witch.

I guess... That is technically correct... But witchcraft was considered heresy for a significant part of European history, at least. So though you were being burned for heresy, your heresy was an act of witchcraft. I would say that counts as being burned at the stake for being a witch.

Only in England. In England, witches got hanged. The rest of Europe burnt witches. eta: Maybe not the rest of Europe, but Germany definitely burnt witches thanks in part to the Caroline Code (1532).

She edited her post:

So, "multiple people pointing out the logic fails in your arguments" = "multiple people are stupid for not understanding me." Good to know.

She edited her post:

:lol: Awesome. I pissed her off. Yes, Lori, we are too dumb to understand how you can say women were never treated as bad as blacks and Jews while ignoring that there were black and Jewish as well, so her statement was contradictory. And is she so ignorant as not be aware that women were treated worse as either by being women. Add the "lower" status of being black or Jewish, and it's worse. Women cost more as slaves, but not because they were treated well, but as a possession because she can breed more slaves.

Lori cannot take any criticism. I believe pride is a sin. Humble yourself, Lori. No one is always right. Maybe you made a mistake. Own it, apologize and move on. You are not above others and you will no always be right. Most people learn that once they get into college if they don't already. She's older than my parents, yet behaves worse than my brother, who's 16.

Three words for Lori: Grow up already!

Hey Lori, I happily admit to being an extremely UNfeminine feminist. But your "logic" confuses me. I'm single, no kids, live alone and my boss is a woman. Where do I stand?

:lol: Awesome. I pissed her off. Yes, Lori, we are too dumb to understand how you can say women were never treated as bad as blacks and Jews while ignoring that there were black and Jewish as well, so her statement was contradictory. And is she so ignorant as not be aware that women were treated worse as either by being women. Add the "lower" status of being black or Jewish, and it's worse. Women cost more as slaves, but not because they were treated well, but as a possession because she can breed more slaves.

Lori cannot take any criticism. I believe pride is a sin. Humble yourself, Lori. No one is always right. Maybe you made a mistake. Own it, apologize and move on. You are not above others and you will no always be right. Most people learn that once they get into college if they don't already. She's older than my parents, yet behaves worse than my brother, who's 16.

Three words for Lori: Grow up already!

Well said. Lori is a such dumbfuck. She isn't the wise woman she thinks she is. She fails to see that past eras weren't how she thought they were and when it comes to today's society she is unrealistic about many things.

To all you have sent me comments about black women being made to be slaves and beaten and Jewish women thrown into concentration camps, they were made to be slaves because they were black, not because they were women, and because they were Jews, not because they were women. I fail to understand how you can't understand the difference.

Hey Lori, just how many black slaves were raped by their white masters? How many slave women were raped by other slaves to produce "strong" offspring?

How many Jewish, gypsy, lesbian, and "undesirable" women were raped or tortued? How many of them were forcibly sterilized because they were considered inferrior or undesirable?

Your willful ignorance terrifies me Lori.

The perfectly lovely (and one of my girl crushes) Rashida Jones is black, Jewish, and a woman. She must be so confused. Is she valued because she's a woman? Or is she devalued because she's black and Jewish?

rashida_jones_office.jpg?w=584

Wtf is with this argument fundies keep spouting about women being submissive to their male bosses so they might as well be submissive at home to their husbands? Aside from the obvious fact that she is assuming bosses are male, should we start using that argument to show that men should be submissive to their wives since they are submissive to their bosses anyway?

And it's not like we're the same kind of submissive to our bosses that they expect women to be to their husbands. (and I have as many female superiors as male superiors.) I know that I generally have a little bit of say in what I do, and can explain my position, and if they get too pushy, I have a union.

Hey Lori, just how many black slaves were raped by their white masters? How many slave women were raped by other slaves to produce "strong" offspring?

How many Jewish, gypsy, lesbian, and "undesirable" women were raped or tortued? How many of them were forcibly sterilized because they were considered inferrior or undesirable?

Your willful ignorance terrifies me Lori.

Aw c'mon, you know that Lori doesn't consider any of that a real problem! Lori likely believes that submitting to your master in all ways makes you happy! It makes your master happy! Look now everyone is happy! It is a fulfillment of your purpose! You can't rape your own possessions - it would be like your toaster crying rape if you used it to make toast.

Guest Anonymous

I left a comment a couple of days ago. I was really hoping that the pure sarcasm would get it past the radar but apparently not.

I'm annoyed by Lori's use of the Holocaust and slavery as if they're some kind of moral baseline. It's like a reverse Godwin: As long as you're not as bad as Hitler then it's not 'true inequality'. Since fucking when? There is something very wrong with a person who believes that as long as you're not a Nazi, or a slave owner, everything is fine.

P.S. I'd also like to use this thread to post a picture of Rashida Jones. I have no excuses.

WTH, Lori? Denying women the right to vote, to drink, and all other things men were allowed to do is the VERY definition of not being valued.

WTH, Lori? Denying women the right to vote, to drink, and all other things men were allowed to do is the VERY definition of not being valued.

Seriously. Being valued as an object =/ being valued as a human being.

I left a comment a couple of days ago. I was really hoping that the pure sarcasm would get it past the radar but apparently not.

I'm annoyed by Lori's use of the Holocaust and slavery as if they're some kind of moral baseline. It's like a reverse Godwin: As long as you're not as bad as Hitler then it's not 'true inequality'. Since fucking when? There is something very wrong with a person who believes that as long as you're not a Nazi, or a slave owner, everything is fine.

P.S. I'd also like to use this thread to post a picture of Rashida Jones. I have no excuses.

Gorgeous! I remember reading an interview with Rashida where she spoke of Julianne Moore's beauty. Rashida mentioned she thought red hair and fair skin was very beautiful. As someone with red hair and fair skin I'd like to thank Ms. Jones. Thanks!

On-topic: Lori is one trifling bitch.

Archived