IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Women Treated Better than Jews and Blacks

I'd love to see her complain about "trolls" who quote Sojourner Truth.

You think Lori knows Sojourner Truth from a troll?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit. This woman just gets worse and worse.

Even most historical fiction books and/or movies will give you a decent idea of what women went through not so long ago. It's not a well-kept secret.

Because there are no black or Jewish women...

First thing that struck me as well. Clearly they don't count as real women to Lori. Finally showing her racism. Dumbass! (Lori, not posters here).

Oh, and she's a moron if she really thinks women did not drink or smoke or swear before feminism.

Dammit, I got through the veil only to be yanked back out. I guess I embarrassed her by calling out her blatant ignorance of 'Murican History. :mrgreen:

Hopefully some of her leghumpers saw a little slice of truth for a few minutes, at least. I'm sad I didn't get a personal comment from the Learned One, though. :(

I am so sick of Lori. I want to go other house, ring the doorbell, get in her face and tell her to FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!

Sojourner Truth: Then that little man in black there, he says women can't have as much rights as men, 'cause Christ wasn't a woman! Where did your Christ come from? Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him.

-----------

What a fantastic quote

Sojourner Truth: Then that little man in black there, he says women can't have as much rights as men, 'cause Christ wasn't a woman! Where did your Christ come from? Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him.

-----------

What a fantastic quote

I remember reading that when I was in 9th grade history and wanting to reach back in time and high-five this badass woman. That is one of the all-time most awesome points ever made.

I rarely ever reply to any of the people we talk about on here, but I could not help it this time. My blood is boiling, but I tried to very, very nice about it.

"I read your blog often, but I am shocked by this one, mostly with this one line: Women were never treated like animals as the blacks and Jews were in the past.

This doesn't make sense because many Jews and blacks were women so women were treated as animals. I don't understand what you are trying to say here because you are right that white, upper class women did have some rights others did not and even white women in general had more rights than most. However, surely it cannot be denied that the poor, working class women and immigrant women and Jewish women during the Holocaust and black women or just non-white women in general did not have the same luxuries. Yet, you seem to be separating women and non-white and Jewish people as if they are separate categories and I do not understand why because women are still women no matter their race, right? Maybe I am misunderstanding?"

I did not say I read it often just to say what crazy shit she's posting now, but I did my best to hold my tongue and be nice. I am proud of myself.

Lori needs to read "The Yellow Wallpaper."

Some women were rounded up and put in insane asylums for no other reason than their husbands wanted to get rid of them and didn't want to go through the process of divorce.

Those women were "hysterics" right? My great grandma was one. (My big sister ordered her patient journal and death certificate.) She died only 40 years old, interestingly enough due to the treatment going wrong (eh because inducing a coma-like state on someone for 3 weeks was supposed to "calm" the person down? Idiots.). Anyway, this happened to a white, "aryan" woman.

Don't get me started on how slavic women were treated during WWII. Anyway, the oppression of women has not been tied to just a specific ethnicity or whatever. Women from all kinds of backgrounds have been oppressed and they still are. In my country (one of the most equal countries in the world) , one of our main societal problems is deathly domestic violence of women. So, not even the most "equal" countries in the world are free from the oppression of women. That's a tragic FACT.

I just read that historians believe of the millions of people who were burned at the stake, 85% of them were women. Yes, the ladies had is so well.

Lori is a dreadful bitch.

I just read that historians believe of the millions of people who were burned at the stake, 85% of them were women. Yes, the ladies had is so well.

Lori is a dreadful bitch.

I can believe that, as I read once that during some of the witch hunt periods, there were villages that no longer had any women by the time the hysteria was over. That's because they had all been accused of being witches, which resulted in them being burned at the stake. If you think about it, it was easy for a man to get rid of a wife who refused to be submissive by accusing her of witchcraft.

I can believe that, as I read once that during some of the witch hunt periods, there were villages that no longer had any women by the time the hysteria was over. That's because they had all been accused of being witches, which resulted in them being burned at the stake. If you think about it, it was easy for a man to get rid of a wife who refused to be submissive by accusing her of witchcraft.

Not to mention if you wanted to get rid of pesky neighbors or competition.

Lori needs to be told in the "old days" women were discouraged from writing because it could give them ideas, let them think for themselves, and become defiant. How is that so "positive" for women?

Those women were "hysterics" right? My great grandma was one. (My big sister ordered her patient journal and death certificate.) She died only 40 years old, interestingly enough due to the treatment going wrong (eh because inducing a coma-like state on someone for 3 weeks was supposed to "calm" the person down? Idiots.). Anyway, this happened to a white, "aryan" woman.

Don't get me started on how slavic women were treated during WWII. Anyway, the oppression of women has not been tied to just a specific ethnicity or whatever. Women from all kinds of backgrounds have been oppressed and they still are. In my country (one of the most equal countries in the world) , one of our main societal problems is deathly domestic violence of women. So, not even the most "equal" countries in the world are free from the oppression of women. That's a tragic FACT.

That's what they claim. I can't help but wonder just how many were suffering from "hysterics" and how many were just dumped there to be gotten rid of?

As Lori feels that white women were so well off let us go back to "The Yellow Wallpaper"'s author Charlotte Perkins Gilman, who was a white woman. She wrote the story to try to convince doctors of the errors of their "treatments" which are horrific if you look into them.

Charlotte Perkins Gilman was only allowed two hours of mental stimulation a day while under the care of a doctor. Because of the treatment she was receiving she almost suffered a mental breakdown. Thankfully she didn't and she wrote her short story.

Can you remember where you read that by any chance? Sounds intriguing.

See also: Magdelene Laundries. Though I'm sure in Lori's world those harlots deserved what they got. Ugh.

I'm so sorry that happened to your great-grandma. How tragic. :(

Some women were rounded up and put in insane asylums for no other reason than their husbands wanted to get rid of them and didn't want to go through the process of divorce.

When I watched Changeling I assumed the part where Christine Collins was institutionalized for making the cops look bad was just artistic license. But when I went looking for a book about the actual events, I found that she actually was locked up in an asylum because she had the audacity to tell the cops that they brought her the wrong kid. I can't begin to imagine what a 1920's mental institution was like.

Of course Lori would probably say that Walter Collins' death was his mother's fault, and she deserved to be institutionalized, her being a single working mother and all.

So all these "rights" the women supposedly have gained seemed to have harmed women more than helped them. Feminism hasn't made women more feminine. It has made them less feminine. Babies are being murdered in the womb, mothers are being taken away from their children for many hours a day, mothers are having to be submissive to men {their bosses} who aren't their husbands, husbands are lonely, divorce is rampant, and "free" sex isn't so free after all.

She can be as feminine (or weak, since we all know that's what she means) as she wants. For many of us, though, it's simply not an option.

EDIT: OMG!

Oh Lori, you magnificent dumbass!

SCREEN-CAP!

That is truly magnificent! I bow down and worship at your altar. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lori=not well read in history. Slaves actually were valued - as labor. Thats why the South went to war to preserve it. Of course she would fail to mention Black and Jewish women - only white women count to this half-wit,

That is truly magnificent! I bow down and worship at your altar. :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's still up there! Holy shit!

I wonder if she's going to answer me.

There was a very well-known (at the time) case in 1860. Elizabeth Packard, the wife of an Illinois pastor, was kidnapped from her home and placed in an asylum for over three years when she disagreed with her husband about religious doctrine. To their credit, the trustees of the asylum recognized her sanity, refused to keeo her any longer and released her. However, Rev. Packard kept her literally under lock and key, refused to let her make or receive visits with her former friends and family, and hid her best clothes and valuables. When Mrs. Packard discovered that her husband was plotting to shanghai her to Massachusetts and re-commit her to a private asylum. Mrs Packard esacaped and was forced to demand a trial to rule on her sanity. She won, but was left destitute as her bastard husband had in the meantime mortgaged the house out from under her and sold or gave away her clothing, jewelry and furniture, some of it to relatives who had connived with him in silencing his wife.

Lori knows about female oppression like I know about space-shuttle design. Maybe less; at least I know that the part with the fins goes on the ground

See also: Magdelene Laundries. Though I'm sure in Lori's world those harlots deserved what they got. Ugh.

I'm so sorry that happened to your great-grandma. How tragic. :(

Well, she died a long time ago -before I was born. It's just so strange that the " reason of death" written in the church books was pneumonia, while the documents from the mental hospital clearly shows that was not the case. I went to see her youngest child (who is now 70-80?) and he started crying when my big sis asked about his mother. He had only been 5 years old, when he had lost her to "pneumonia" as he said. My sister didn't have the heart to tell him the actual reason of death. I think I will never understand this mystery: why the real death reason was hidden from the public (including her own son). I don't know if her family (husband etc.) felt too ashamed to let others know the actual reason, or if they didn't know the actual reason. I mean, could it be possible that the hospital hid the death of reason from the family (because their treatment of her had led to deathly complications, which had then caused her death)? But then why did they not hide that kind of information from their hospital journals? Sorry for derailing this thread... I really should be sleeping already. I don't think I will ever "solve" this mystery.

It's still up there! Holy shit!

I wonder if she's going to answer me.

Wow. She didn't post mine. Can't acknowledge her racism now. Loved that she posted yours. :lol:

Wow. She didn't post mine. Can't acknowledge her racism now. Loved that she posted yours. :lol:

I can't believe she posted that thing - and it's still there, about an hour after it first appeared. I know other posters here probably brought up every point I kinda-sorta hid in my post, so obviously she didn't read those before deleting them or she would have seen what I did there.

I'm seriously...that is easily one of the dumbest things I have ever written. (Well, at least the dumbest thing I've ever written on purpose.) I basically said women's suffrage was worse than slavery and genocide. And Mrs. Delete posted it. I almost feel sorry-ish for her. Almost. But then I think, "Holy shit. She must agree with that."

Archived