IGNORED

Prosperity gospel goes bankrupt

gustava

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/05/indiana_mega_church_faces_foreclosure_partner/

Always nice to hear.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Agreed! I look at Doug Phillips is a tool as kind of a wanna be prosperity preacher. I love it when these losers are called to account.

NWITimes reports that even as the church owed close to $100,000 a month in mortgage payments (not to mention mortgage payments on condos the church claimed to use for visiting clergy, and other unspecified bills in excess of half a million dollars), Munsey and his wife Melodye raked in “$2.9 million in total compensation from 2008 through 2011 from organizations connected to Family Christian Center, IRS records show.†In all, “The church annually spent $3.5 million in leadership compensation and had a $900,000 budget for travel and meals, a $500,000 housing allowance and $500,000 for jet fuel and other expenditures, according to the transcript. In 2010, the church paid $1 million for property in Illinois, the transcript states.†There’s more: an IRS investigation and tax liens, for starters.

How do you take nearly 3 MILLION dollars a year and ask for more with a straight face? Why not pay the mortgage yourself and keep the church open? Isnt is really all about jesus? Oh wait... its all about them...

Sometimes I honestly think these corrupt preachers start to genuinely believe their own lies; that is, they think they are blessed financially because they "seeded" money or they "named it and claimed it" in prayer. An entitlement, if you will; they did the "work". If that is not the case, I honestly cannot figure out why they wouldn't pay a comparatively small mortgage out of their own money (or quietly donate it in a "love offering" so that the church can pay it) rather than let things go into foreclosure. Knowing that the media will bring this to light, there has to be some sort of truly delusional thinking that leads them to believe they earned that money without any obligations to the church. /no snark

I wonder if they will claim demonic persecution and ask the flock to further fleece themselves to stand up against Ole Slewfoot's machinations against The Annointed.

Sometimes I honestly think these corrupt preachers start to genuinely believe their own lies; that is, they think they are blessed financially because they "seeded" money or they "named it and claimed it" in prayer. An entitlement, if you will; they did the "work". If that is not the case, I honestly cannot figure out why they wouldn't pay a comparatively small mortgage out of their own money (or quietly donate it in a "love offering" so that the church can pay it) rather than let things go into foreclosure. Knowing that the media will bring this to light, there has to be some sort of truly delusional thinking that leads them to believe they earned that money without any obligations to the church. /no snark

Maybe because it fuels their persecution complex?

Archived